Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ZeljkoKalac1

Do we need another striker?

So, we've played 23 games so far using vardy, ulloa, okazaki and kramaric. In those 23 games kramaric has played about 30 minutes, and this is the player we're on about replacing. We only have 15 games left and being out the cups means no real congestion of fixtures.

The obvious point is what happens if we get an injury? We have a recall option on kramaric, and schlupp is back soon and both he and mahrez can operate in forward positions.

Personally I'd love to see a exciting forward come in but it has to be the right one, improve on what we have and fit in to the ethos of the squad.so what I'm getting at is it wouldn't be a disaster if nobody came in.

So, we've played 23 games so far using vardy, ulloa, okazaki and kramaric. In those 23 games kramaric has played about 30 minutes, and this is the player we're on about replacing. We only have 15 games left and being out the cups means no real congestion of fixtures.

The obvious point is what happens if we get an injury? We have a recall option on kramaric, and schlupp is back soon and both he and mahrez can operate in forward positions.

Personally I'd love to see a exciting forward come in but it has to be the right one, improve on what we have and fit in to the ethos of the squad.so what I'm getting at is it wouldn't be a disaster if nobody came in.

We don't need one. But we should take advantage of our newly found notoriety, and attract good players. Also, if we had used this window properly, we could have bolstered sufficiently to win the title. A chance which won't come around again. That's the disappointment for me.

Schlupp is hardly a striker - he may have come through the ranks as one but he's well and truly a winger these days, nor would you want to take Mahrez off the wing where he's been so effective this season. Kramaric won't be coming back, leaving us with 3 senior strikers, one injury and we've got nothing in reserve. Of course we need another striker.

In the position we are in at this moment in time it would be daft not to sign another striker. Obviously has to suit the style and play of the current group. We will probably never be in this position again for a long, long time.

Only Leicester could go from bidding for Musa, Eder, and Niang, to Dwight bloody Gayle. Seriously, we have a chance of winning the title and this is the best we can do?. We may as well of kept Kramaric with us.

Anyway, hopefully its just paper talk and we will sign a striker that shows we are serious about a title challenge.

"do we need another striker" er yes, yes we do. Close thread.

Ok so we're doomed if we don't get one to replace the guy who's played 30 minutes this season ha ha.

Like I said it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't sign anyone. Me personally would have loved to sign Charlie Austin, an improvement on ulloa and would fit in at the club, but that ship has sailed. Jon Walters would be a great buy but won't be available. Interesting couple of days coming up!

Archived