Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

King Power Stadium Improvements - Ideas/Suggestions Thread

Would love a return of the club legends on the blue banner inside the ground. It'd be nice to incorporate the legends alongside the current banner. Perhaps in the gaps between all the writing?

If not this, I've mentioned before I'd like to see a long banner on the front rail of the Kop with all our legends. 

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2016-05-19 at 5.52.59 PM.png

I don't think the owners would allow it. Maybe a slight criticism of them tbh, but I get the impression they would rather have a clean corporate King Power look than focus on history or legends. Cant see it changing anytime soon.

Guest CityFan 06

I don't think the owners would allow it. Maybe a slight criticism of them tbh, but I get the impression they would rather have a clean corporate King Power look than focus on history or legends. Cant see it changing anytime soon.

Yeah you're probably right. I just think there is potential with the ground (like this idea) to honour our history and legends lot more. I would hope within the gaps of the King Power, Est 1884 etc, it would be considered, as their advertising would not be removed that way. 

remember  the tv show Gladiators?... well the final obstacle course both contestants had to do at the end and the backwards escalator things - put them in on all staircases. much fun.

Yeah you're probably right. I just think there is potential with the ground (like this idea) to honour our history and legends lot more. I would hope within the gaps of the King Power, Est 1884 etc, it would be considered, as their advertising would not be removed that way. 

I do agree. I think it was a great shame when the player banners outside and the pitch banner were removed. We do look very corporate and generic now. There is always a compromise though and it would be nice if something were done.

Guest CityFan 06

I do agree. I think it was a great shame when the player banners outside and the pitch banner were removed. We do look very corporate and generic now. There is always a compromise though and it would be nice if something were done.

Given it's a fairly easy job it would be nice but it's always in the hope really. Was it you or another member who mentioned about repainted blue and white seats - again another fairly easy job in the scale of things. These two improvements are only minor but they would improve the stadium a lot IMO. Sometimes it can just be the minor changes which can be some of the best.

Guest CityFan 06

Any new tracks requests on matchdays? I think Right Here Right Now would be an ideal build up song. Although, the build up tune alongside the screen highlights is excellent. Perhaps it could still be incorporated.

Any new tracks requests on matchdays? I think Right Here Right Now would be an ideal build up song. Although, the build up tune alongside the screen highlights is excellent. Perhaps it could still be incorporated.

The impossible dream, with screen highlights of this season.

If the ground sang along it would be epic.

Guest CityFan 06

Can't wait to see the pre-match montage next season.

That will be good. Hopefully they keep the montage with our goals from our history though alongside the potential new one.

That will be good. Hopefully they keep the montage with our goals from our history though alongside the potential new one.

yeah I think they will. There's usually 2 montages. The classic/history one as well as goals from last season (which will now be goals from season just gone I guess)

Guest CityFan 06

yeah I think they will. There's usually 2 montages. The classic/history one as well as goals from last season (which will now be goals from season just gone I guess)

Yeah probably right. The current match day build up is good overall to be fair. Hairs stand up on the back of my neck with some of those clips from the montages.

Guest CityFan 06

On the point of repainted/new royal blue seats for the ground, this is how they looked back when it was the Walkers Stadium.

post-19049-0-40643600-1464372644_thumb.j

I think they looked good like this. I wonder if they will consider doing this as an improvement? I'd have thought new seats or repainted ones wouldn't cost too much to complete in the grand scheme of things, and would make the ground look very smart ahead of the new season and European home matches. Especially with increased income now too.

In an ideal world I'd love to see the legends banner return as well, alongside the current blue banner inside the ground.

Can we contiune to create a list in this thread of what we feel would improve our stadium, as the club (could) look at this if they want feedback from the supporters. Worth a try...

Would strongly agree with getting rid of the #fearless stuff. Probably the most tinpot branding slogan ever envisaged for a football club.

They won't do it though - the whole thing seems to have stepped up a gear if anything.

I'm actually not that bothered about the legends' banner.

I always thought it looked a bit strange, almost like we were trying to visually make up for the lack of history and general blandness of the ground.

I'd agree with the idea of a statue though.

Also they could name the stands - would give the place a bit more personality.

Guest CityFan 06

Naming the stands would be good, wanted that for a while and there's plenty of legends to choose from.

I'd personally love double tiered Family and Kop stands, two proper home ends.

In regards to #fearless, I think they will keep the slogans on the outside of the ground and on general shirts, merchandise etc. If the club are intent on keeping the slogan, I would prefer just 'fearless' if we are going to keep it.

Seems to be the second slogan now, alongside Foxes Never Quit.

Here's a list of what I'd like:

Less #fearless

Some kind of statue possibly Wes and CR lifting the trophy

A bit less King Power branding. The ground is named after it so I think some of the boards at the back for instance are unnecessary

Another tier on the Kop and rail seating in the bottom tier :D

Guest CityFan 06

Here's a list of what I'd like:

Less #fearless

Some kind of statue possibly Wes and CR lifting the trophy

A bit less King Power branding. The ground is named after it so I think some of the boards at the back for instance are unnecessary

Another tier on the Kop and rail seating in the bottom tier :D

Absolutely spot on, Sol. Agree with all of this. A standing lower tiered Kop with Union FS would be immense. Atmosphere would be incredible.

The King Power branding could be improved like you said. In the near future I can envisage flags being on the front rail, like myself I'd like to, but it's not allowed at the moment.

We already have the Lineker Stand but it gets called the Family Stand.

...and don't even think about anything other than the Post Horn Gallop.

How about the post horn gallop for the players coming out of the tunnel and When you're smiling instead of Hey Jude? 

Archived