Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Leicester's biggest flop signings

I think the whole Akinbiyi thing has been over blown. Don't get me wrong PT paid far to much for him and he was a terrible finisher, which is a problem for a PL striker. His biggest difficulty though was he was quick, strong, had good movement and read the game well. Put this altogether and you have a player who is getting half a dozen gilt edged chances a game and missing the vast majority.

Now this is all done in the most televised league in the world and MOTD is, all of a sudden, a weekly showcase of his misses. In other words had he scored the same number of goals from a 1/4 of the chances we wouldn't have complained nearly as much. In fact he'd have been where Nugent is now.

Edited by neiltheblue

Just read this for a bit of amusement and expecting to see the usual suspects but I thought a few mentioned names were unfair. First two being Matt Jones and Darren Eadie, both very capable players who sadly got injured and had their careers ended. Eadie was a brilliant player and I was so happy when we signed him and so disappointed when he got injured. I also think Vassell was not a flop and Futacs hasn't been given enough opportunity yet to be considered either way. Why not go for most of the players signed by Craig Levein or Martin Allen and we have hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

Money wise it's Akinbiyi. We got well and truly ripped off there. Mills wasn't as bad as people made out IMO, he was just made a scapegoat amongst people because they believes we'd spent £5m on him.

Kaebi - World's fastest player wasn't he lol

Lamey - Played a blinder against Sunderland in Pre Season, then turned out to be worse than Robbie Neilson.

It always amazes me that people thought Lamey had a good game against Sunderland, ...he was awful, constantly caught out of position and also at fault for their goal

One for the history books! In Dec 1954, City paid Lincoln city what was then a club record fee of £27,600 for Andy Graver. He was bought to partner Arthur Rowley. As a centre-forward, he came with a glowing reputation, having scored 106 goals in 172 matches while at Sincil Bank. He played 11 games for City, scoring 3 league goals plus 1 in the Cup and was sold back to Lincoln in the close season for £26,000. Later that season, he signed for Stoke and scored the winning goal that knocked us out of the Cup in Jan 1956.

Tommy English swap deal that saw Melrose going to Cov

Agree.Always remember going down 'Filbo' with me dad & his mate in the 80's when we signed him.Think we played

West Ham he was total shite. Remember me dads mate shouting 'You know what Thatcher said buy English some ****er buy him quick.' I was only about 12 & found it quite funny.