Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Leicester's biggest flop signings

I can't believe Zeljko Kalac only gets one mention on here.

Do you remember that awful 3-2 home defeat to Bolton in the league cup in about 95? We had so much possession and dear old 'Spider' goofed three times in one game. He was similarly awful in a 3-2 win in the league against West Brom.

Never saw him again, despite his £750,000 fee (a lot for us back then) until he came on in the play off final just before Claridge scored the winner and thankfully didn't touch the ball. No prospect of renewing his work permit on 3 appearences but thankfully we had a contract in place to sell him to Wolves (I think).

We all thought that would be the last of him, ever. How we , er, laughed when the turned up as reserve keeper at AC Milan and won a Champions League medal....

Akinbiyi, as bad as he was, scored more Premier League goals than Kramaric and was 2 million pounds cheaper. How can you not say Kramaric was a flop for us?

Well, that's a bit of a far-fetched comparison, as £5.5m from back in the days are equivalent of about £8.5m in today's money.

He looked impressive at Derby when he invariably come off the bench and scored. Was signed by Bruges and, in those days, anyone going abroad was viewed as being a good player. So, when we signed him we thought that he would score the goals that would save us from relegation.

Roger Davies for me. He was signed for huge money at the time, the equivalent of about 20 million in today's transfer market, and was absolutely dreadful.

Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo if he was standing 2 feet behind it.

kramaric was a steve walsh flop, one of the few.

kramaric is clearly a good player, just never fit in either pearson or ranieris system. don't think he can be called a flop for that, it was poor judgement signing someone who didn't fit the system.

kramaric is clearly a good player, just never fit in either pearson or ranieris system. don't think he can be called a flop for that, it was poor judgement signing someone who didn't fit the system.

Don't forget we didn't have a system that worked when we signed Kramaric. It took Pearson a while to find a system that worked which just so happened to be a system that didn't suit Kramaric. That's just the way it goes sometimes. I certainly wouldn't class Kramaric as a flop and I wouldn't blame Walsh for signing him.  

• 1 month later...
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 20:15, ceredigion said:

Roger Davies for me. He was signed for huge money at the time, the equivalent of about 20 million in today's transfer market, and was absolutely dreadful.

Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo if he was standing 2 feet behind it.

Spot on.  I remember this well. Total flop

Here was Davies. 

depends on what you mean by biggest flop,do you mean because of the price tag then krameric and akenbiyi or do you mean by being totally out of their depth ie junior lewis but beckford is a good shout too payed way too much for him as we did matt mills but then sven always did enjoy spending other peoples money?

• 2 years later...
On 18/04/2013 at 20:13, 49er said:

Matt Jones, Roger Davies, Graham Fenton, Mark Grew, Robbie Nielsen, Marko Futacs, Michael Johnson, Darius Vassell, Carl Cort, Lammie Robertson, Ricky Hill, Marc North, Trevor Benjamin, Elvis Hammond

Were all pretty bad

On 17/06/2016 at 14:32, foxes21 said:

A flop who played in a world cup semi