Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stevelcfc

End of season awards - Vote now!

YPOTY James

POTY Drinkwater

GOTY Mahrez vs blackpool

Spot on for me - that's what I've gone for. Goal was difficult, but just went for Mahrez as not only was it a wonderful strike from a difficult angle, but he also worked the goal by beating his marker.

I guess I'm the only person who chose Lloyd Dyer's goal vs Fulham. I thought about the goals that meant the most to me at the time and I was left with 3 contenders. Drinkwater vs Watford, Wood (Kasper) vs Yeovil and Lloyd Dyer vs Fulham.

I chose the Dyer goal because I vividly remember him making a crucial tackle at right-back about 13 seconds before scoring the tap-in. It was counter-attacking at it's finest. It was also a factor in helping Lloyd Dyer get in the Cup's team of the competition.

I know it wasn't the most technically difficult goal in the world but meh, Lloyd Dyer has had the best season in his career and I just wish he had something to reward him for that.

Guest MattP

Young Player Of The Year - Matty James
Goal Of The Year - Danny Drinkwater vs Watford (surprised Vardy goal where he ran from his own half isn't in, think it was Millwall? would have voted for that)
Player Of the Year - Danny Drinkwater

Young Player Of The Year - Liam Moore (Schlupp comes a close second, though)
Goal Of The Year - Danny Drinkwater vs Watford (what a touch and a strike of genius)
Player Of The Year - Danny Drinkwater (although I wouldn't mind Matty James getting the trophy, both have been equally instrumental in midfield)

Guest MattP

Young Player Of The Year - Liam Moore (Schlupp comes a close second, though)

Goal Of The Year - Danny Drinkwater vs Watford (what a touch and a strike of genius)

Player Of The Year - Danny Drinkwater (although I wouldn't mind Matty James getting the trophy, both have been equally instrumental in midfield)

How can you have James a close second for player of the year but then not give him young player?

YPOTY - Liam Moore (although he's been out of the side for a while up until Christmas he was an absolute rock for us in the side that got us to the top)

POTY - Jamie Vardy (the transformation between last season and this has been phenomenal, he sets the tone for the way the whole team plays and added to that he's got near 20 goals and has won countless penalties)

GOTY - Andy King vs Blackpool (took it on the half volley on his weaker foot and stuck it in the top corner to put us 2-1 up away from home in a game we'd struggled in up until that point)

I think looking at the goals you often have 1 strike that just blows the others out the water, like Izzet v Grimsby or Nalis v Leeds, not so this year, found it tough to decide between Mahrez v Blackpool, Wood v Burnley, Drinkwater v Watford and Andy King with a left footed volley. Likewise young player of the year find it hard to pick between Moore, James and Schlupp. Can't really consider Mahrez, good as he has been, as he didn't come unti January and the other 3 lads had already made telling contributions to the team by that time. Only one that was clear cut was player of the year for me. Went for :-

YPOTY James

GOTY Wood v Burnley

POTY Danny Drinkwater.

Archived