Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stevelcfc

End of season awards - Vote now!

I feel sorry for any players that score stunning goals from now to the end of season.

True, it will be a bone of contention if we witness better goals still in the remaining games! They should have done this as close to the final game against Doncaster as possible, not this early on!

For the record, then for me

A - Liam Moore, young player of the year. Despite not having played as extensively as Knockaert this season, he has shone in his position whenever he has played this season and besides, Knockaert was as so more last season than this one for me - despite his dive and resultant penalty miss at Watford in the play offs debacle of course! 

B - Jamie Vardy, overall player of the year. Prolific in front of goal this season by comparison to his first and iffy season last year. He's shown Pearson how a good run in the side can pay dividends and he has thrived on that resultant confidence throughout this campaign through his featuring regularly in the side and being a valued team member with it. Easy to see why he was so prolific in the non league with Fleetwood now before making the big step up to the Championship - whereas it was anything but last season with a such limited amount of opportunities for him to shine. He also gave rise to a novel, new chant of course :)  

C - Chris Wood v Burnley away, goal of the season (to date!). A no brainer really and despite what has already been said it's unlikely it will be topped for the rest of this season by any potential goals to come! Always a useful player to come off the bench too, despite a relatively patchy career here so far. It was a crucial goal of his at Burnley too and quite possibly it will have decided the season's end now, come May 3rd or sooner re killing off that game against an under strength Burnley.

Isn't it a nice problem when you're struggling to pick because the choice is so good and you genuinely want a number of them to rewarded?

Really makes a difference to picking who's been the least sh1t.

I went for

YPOTY James - it was him or Moore and simply James has been more influential on our success.
GOTY Wood Vs Burnley - Great strength, great strike and a moment when I think we all knew we were there.
POTY Drinkwater - Like somebody said, if hes good the team are, if hes not, we struggle. 

At my old football club we had an award for most improved player - that would be for me where Vardy or indeed Knockaert would be fighting it out, both of which i'd like to see rewarded.

YPOTY - James. I wasn't expecting him to be on it as he seems like an established player, but as he is its hard to vote for anybody else. We miss him massively when he's not there.

Goal - King v Blackpool. Superb strike, to run on to it and hit a half-volley with his weaker foot is technically better than any of the others IMO.

POTY - Drinkwater. Tough call between him and Vardy, but Drinkwater just edges it.

Anyone not going for Wood at Burnley needs to relocate their head.

The hit that sent us up sparking utter pandemonium behind the goal.

Doesn't mean that it was a better goal though. I'd put King's and Mahrez's ahead of it.

This is what I voted for:

Young player of the season: Liam Moore

Player of the season: Danny Drinkwater

Goal of the season: Danny Drinkwater vs Watford

I kind of wish that I had voted for James for young player of the season but at the time it never crossed my mind.

Seems you can still vote... Well, at least, I just voted.

Did anyone vote for someone other than Danny for player of the year? Or Vardy? Or Mahrez? Or Knockaert?

I can't remember a time when we had a bigger choice in all three categories. Magic!

Archived