Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stevelcfc

End of season awards - Vote now!

james, vardy & wood vs burnley. 

i cheated tbf and voted on my phone and my laptop and voted for drinkwater as poty second time because i couldn't decide. sorry guys. 

Guest MattP

Thought Moore would be a complete shoe in for YPOTY. Gonna be close between him and Jamo.

Moore

Drinky

King v Blackpool

I don't even think it will be close, one has lost his place in the team, the other has become absolutely indispensable.

Agree though, I'd have laughed in November if told anyone but Moore would get this.

Moore might grab some votes being youth/home grown but I don't think anyone can say he has contributed more than James over the season.

Went for:

James - Just echo what Matt said above, he has become indispensable to us and I think a lot of people realise this.

Drinkwater v Reading - There are a lot of good options again but his goal yesterday was ridiculous, just flicked the ball up and hit it.

Drinkwater - When he's on form, generally, so are the team. Top player.

Went for:

Liam Moore - Shame about his injury because he was superb before that. James a bit unlucky to miss out. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him, because I don't really consider him a 'young player' in the same way that Moore is, mainly because he played a big part last season, whereas Moore has just come into the first team as a  regular this season. Similar to Knockaert, he's young, but I wouldn't consider him in the category of 'young player', because he was established last season.

King v Blackpool - More difficult than Drinky's or Wood's. On the volley, great technique. If he had played more or had it been later in the season I think everyone  would vote for it.

Jamie Vardy - Really close between him and Drinkwater but Vardy just edges it. Even though Drinky is our playmaker, I think we miss Vardy's work ethic, movement, energy & quality more when he's not playing. It's amazing really but he doesn't even need service, he can chase everything down, hold it up and make something for himself.

I don't even think it will be close, one has lost his place in the team, the other has become absolutely indispensable.

Agree though, I'd have laughed in November if told anyone but Moore would get this.

Moore might grab some votes being youth/home grown but I don't think anyone can say he has contributed more than James over the season.

To be fair, he lost it through injury rather than a loss of form. If he has been not injured then it would be likely that he would be ahead of James especially when he considered his improvements from last season like Kitchandro said.

GOTY- King for the technique but Drinkwater and Wood ran close second and third. Picked King because the goalkeeper was slightly out of his goal making it easier for Wood and King used his left foot while Drinkwater used his favoured foot (Is King a right footed player?)

POTY- Drinkwater- heartbeat of everything

YPOTY Moore

YPOTY: Moore

GOTY: Drinkwater v Watford

POTY: Drinkwater

Watching the GOTY compilation makes you realise how spoiled we have been this season. Really don't want it to end! Hopefully next season can be equally as magical in a different way.

Archived