Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Ongoing 'Transfer Talk' Aug-Dec 2014

If we looked about safe come jan I could see him stay.

If our current run continued till xmas and we are bottom three I could see him wanting to go.

Big money and champions league will turn him plus being part of a better back four would help him no end.

England calling.

There is no way a club will pay above that besides its not the leicester way to recieve big money for a player apart from Heskey

1) What do you mean there's 'no way a club will pay above that' - it happens ALL the time! Did you not see Chambers sign for Arsenal for £15mil this summer after minimal first team action? £5mil for an established English u21 player who plays regularly in the Prem? It simply doesn't happen anymore. If you're good, young and English, you command a high fee. Less than £10 million would be incredibly poor business by the club, especially considering we're in a position where we have absolutely no incentive to sell.

2) What do you mean 'it's not the Leicester way to receive big money for a player' - since Heskey, have we even had a player who could command anything close to 'big money'? No, we haven't. You make it sound like we've got an aversion to selling our players for the best possible price. Nonsense.

3) The fact that we rejected £5mil from Fulham when we were in the Championship suggests that we certainly wouldn't accept a paltry bid like that now, and he was obviously considered to be worth that kind of money before he became a PL and England u21 regular, so by that token, he must surely be worth more now. 

We'd never get the same amount of money Shaw & Lallana commanded for Liam Moore. People need to stop being silly.

Lallana's not really a great comparison as he's a lot older than Shaw. But seriously, what has Luke Shaw done to prove that he's worth so much more than Liam Moore? Genuinely interested to know.

Lallana's not really a great comparison as he's a lot older than Shaw. But seriously, what has Luke Shaw done to prove that he's worth so much more than Liam Moore? Genuinely interested to know.

Soton were in a great position to sell there, Man Utd are desperate and because everyone knows the money they have you can charge them double the valuation. They overpay by 30-40% for everyone these days.

I'd put Moores value at 12 in the current market, you can up that to 15 though if someone wants him in Jan.

Supported United when I knew him, but that's up until about age 13/14. Think he said somewhere that as soon as he started to progress with Leicester he's been a fan.

My guess is that it's just paper talk anyway, you couldn't blame him for considering it at all. Arsenal would definitely be a better move out of the two, Chambers is already an England squad regular as have the Ox and Walcott since their moves. As has been said, he'd just be another Rodwell, Sinclair etc at City. Would love him to stay at City for at least a few more season yet though, he's getting better and better with us.

I could never and would never change my side.

So if true he was a Man U fan un till he started earning money from us.

So he would soon be a Man City fan if they are paying him 60k plus a week.

So as I said if true he is no different to 90% of footballers just like Rooney once a blue always a blue lol lol

• 3 weeks later...

Leicester City are maintaining an interest in on-loan Sunderland defender Santiago Vergini and scouted him again on Wednesday night.

The Foxes have been tracking the 26-year-old Argentina defender for a few months and made another check as he helped the World Cup finalists overcome Croatia in a friendly at Upton Park.
Leicester had previously sent a scout to the Stadium of Light for the Premier League clash between Sunderland and Tottenham in September and there may be chance to clinch a deal for him in the summer when his contract at Estudiantes expires.
Sunderland wanted to sign Vergini on a permanent deal after he impressed on his original five-month loan last season, but third-party ownership issues prevented them and they settled for a season-long loan.

- See more at: http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Leicester-City/Vergini-still-on-Leicester's-radar/X1Y41Z1839964#sthash.95VuCCv0.dpuf

Leicester City are maintaining an interest in on-loan Sunderland defender Santiago Vergini and scouted him again on Wednesday night.

The Foxes have been tracking the 26-year-old Argentina defender for a few months and made another check as he helped the World Cup finalists overcome Croatia in a friendly at Upton Park.

Leicester had previously sent a scout to the Stadium of Light for the Premier League clash between Sunderland and Tottenham in September and there may be chance to clinch a deal for him in the summer when his contract at Estudiantes expires.

Sunderland wanted to sign Vergini on a permanent deal after he impressed on his original five-month loan last season, but third-party ownership issues prevented them and they settled for a season-long loan.

- See more at: http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Leicester-City/Vergini-still-on-Leicester's-radar/X1Y41Z1839964#sthash.95VuCCv0.dpuf

Now we know why Pearson wanted Chambiasso so badly.

He,s going to use him to talk the whole Argentine squad into joining us.

Step one of our premier league triumph.

And everyone said Pearson had no plan B lol lol

FFS this place will melt down when we sign Messi in 10 years time lol lol

Archived