Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Sunderland Pre-match Thread

Kasper

Simpson - Wasilewski - Morgan - Konchesky

Mahrez - Drinkwater - James - Schlupp

Nugent
Ulloa

I'd like to see us go back to Ulloa and Nugent up top, love Jamie but we know the Ulloa/Nugent partnership works based on the first four or five games, so I think going back to that would be a wise move. God knows what's going on with Riyad, it'd be nice to see him start if we decide to go with wingers. If Nigel does persist with the diamond then I think Knockaert as the CAM would probably be a good option, he's done very well then he's played that role before.

st albans fox, on 09 Nov 2014 - 5:48 PM, said:

the fans have a big role to play in two weeks. if we are as nervous as against WBA, the players will feel it. i think we should aim to go with a party type atmosphere to try and relax them. are we up for that?  thoughts ??

I genuinely think this is more important than most people realise. The noise level  and encouragement when we went behind in those early games was genuinely wonderful, and I think inspiring. I think the guys in the corner, and the L1ers, can genuinely get things going and if they are persistent others will follow.

We shall decorate our car in party style for the journey up the M1....

Algeria play mali on the 19th - personally not a chance mahrez will play he'll probably only arrive back on thursday 

Ghana will play togo on the same date - so again im not sure pearson will risk schlupp and mahrez 

Diamond it is then as he obviously doesn't rate albrighton or knocky to do a job

We need a shake up to try stop the rot.

Kasper

De Laet, (don't know much about Simpson)

Morgan

Wasyl

Schlupp

Drinkwater

James

Albrighton

Knocky

Mahrez

Vardy

Being overly cautious seems to be costing us at the present.

I am not sure about the playing schedule for Ghana and Algeria. So may have to change Schlupp and Mahrez.

Kasper

RDL*                          Wes                            Was                Konch

Esteban                                 King

Mahrez                                                                         Schlupp

Vardy                     Ulloa 

No more messing about now. 

Diamond hasn't worked, move on. 

Kasper won't be dropped

Nor will RDL 

Wes and Was were rocks for the majority of the game yesterday

Konch is back!

Mahrez just needs to be in the team. 

Esteban is the only one that can pick that special pass.

King has looked our only half decent CM this season, especially in a deeper role.

Schlupp.  No-one else but Knocky can play LM/LW and he won't get a look in

Ulloa because he's arguably our best player

Vardy because he's a little pest

I back him to get it right who ever he picks and it doesn't really matter what  I think but what would be nice is at 2pm a week sat when the team is announced people have their pop good team bad team whatever but get behind the team. if we get a decent result perhaps it will stop some of the moaners.

Guest seanfox778

Kasper 

RDL

Was

Wes

Schlupp

Knocky

King

James

Mahrez

Vardy

Nugent

I'd like to see this and just try playing like we did last season. I just hope we try it at least once, it can't be any worse than the previous weeks surely.

Kasper

RDL*                          Wes                            Was                Konch

Mahrez                                                                         Schlupp

Kasper won't be dropped

Nor will RDL 

Konch is back!

King has looked our only half decent CM this season, especially in a deeper role.

I think if we put Kasper in with the Away fans, Nigel would get a bit of stick.

Big game.

Not for the hysteria surrounding Pearson but for confidence and getting away from the bottom three for 1 game. This and qpr could make a disappointing month a decent one.

Kasper

Simpson

Moore/was

Morgan

Schlupp

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

James

Mahrez

Ulloa

Knockaert/albrighton/Lawrence

Bench

Hamer/smith

De laet

Moore/was

Lawrence/albrighton/knockaert

Powell

Vardy

Nugent

Keeps the structure at the back and with pace hit teams. Ulloa needs service which he hasn't had a lot of recently. Three points please lads followed by three more at qpr!

Kasper

Kasper won't be dropped

Nor will RDL 

Konch is back!

Schlupp was our man of the match, wasn't he?

And does James really look worse than King? I thought King was hopeless against Southampton, though some of that is down to his being out of position.

As for De Laet, if he isn't dropped soon we'll be stuffed. He's so clearly a weak link in the defence that it's becoming painful. The ease with which sides get behind / past him is stunning.

But I've got no issue with the 4-4-2, so long as we're not daft enough to throw Hammond and Schlupp back into the midfield, or Nugent back into the front line. Neither would I mind the 4-3-3 with Cambiasso, Drinkwater, James as the midfield and a Vardy, Ulloa, Vardy front line. That seems to me to be our best attacking line-up on paper, with King in for Drinkwater if we conclude that the latter is miserably out of form.

Most of all I want to see a side which doesn't look, as Babylon put it, quite so 'out of the hat', and for him to settle it into one, perhaps two easily interchangeable formations for the next few games. If he can do that, and not over-react if something goes wrong after game one, then we'll see an improvement before too long.

Big game.

Not for the hysteria surrounding Pearson but for confidence and getting away from the bottom three for 1 game. This and qpr could make a disappointing month a decent one.

Kasper

Simpson

Moore/was

Morgan

Schlupp

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

James

Mahrez

Ulloa

Knockaert/albrighton/Lawrence

Bench

Hamer/smith

De laet

Moore/was

Lawrence/albrighton/knockaert

Powell

Vardy

Nugent

Keeps the structure at the back and with pace hit teams. Ulloa needs service which he hasn't had a lot of recently. Three points please lads followed by three more at qpr!

That looks decent, though I think Vardy was one of our hardest working players in the last game and needs to be in there, in that system, ahead of Lawrence / Albrighton / Knockaert. We've hardly astounded sides with our energy and raw determination over these miserable past six games, so I don't think we can take those out who have put in the effort.

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - Wasilewski - Schlupp

Mahrez - Drinkwater - James - Knockaert

Nugent - Vardy

I've been the first to criticise Schlupp on the wing this season, but he really surprised me at left back so fair enough to him.

Enough with the diamond, enough with trying to accommodate Cambiasso. The team plays best in 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, so play that. Last year's success was marked by our partnerships on the field as much as our determination on and off it, so get Knockaert and Mahrez, Drinkwater and James, and Nugent and Vardy playing back together, exactly how we were playing last year. If Pearson's right, we'll get torn apart again, but the operative word there is 'again'. We've been playing to nullify the other team and been torn apart multiple times now, just with no attacking display to top it off. To show so little trust in the style of play that got us up is a little concerning considering our new one is getting more dogshite and conservative by the match

Archived