Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's have a thought out thread?

Maybe Albrighton isn't playing well in training, however he must be bloody dire in training if Schlupp is still getting in ahead of him.He was great that game he played with Knockaert (cant remember which one it was), and hasn't had a chance since really. I'd be really pissed off if I was him.

De Laet is just as guilty of aimless lifted balls, his end product is severely lacking too.

I think people get the notion that RDL will make a good wing back because he's not very good at defending.

De Laet is just as guilty of aimless lifted balls, his end product is severely lacking too.

I think people get the notion that RDL will make a good wing back because he's not very good at defending.

He actually is. As soon as he gets the ball he wants to get rid of it. 

I know it bucks a trend, but I like Danny Simpson. More defensively solid than RDL. And as for Albrighton, he makes a small impact and all of a sudden he's our saviour - don't see it at all.

I imagine the rational behind playing Schlupp is his pace and directness, although he's clearly lacking in other areas...

I know it bucks a trend, but I like Danny Simpson. More defensively solid than RDL. And as for Albrighton, he makes a small impact and all of a sudden he's our saviour - don't see it at all.

I imagine the rational behind playing Schlupp is his pace and directness, although he's clearly lacking in other areas...

And his covering back is a million miles better than Albrighton or Knockaert. It is just a case of the 'he's not playing, he must be better' mentality that seems to be endemic and more often than not absolute bollocks.

Everyone bangs on and on about either Albrighton or Knocky. Neither are as good/offer the team as much as Riyad or Jeff. It really is as simple as that.

For me I'd like to see schlupp in certain games and knocky in others. Schlupp for most away games against top or mid table teams and also at home against top teams. Need his pace for the counter attack type of game.

At home against the likes of burnley, Sunderland or away at qpr etc. then knocky should be playing. We could dominate or at least match them for possession if set up right and he would be able to help break through their defence.

I'd like to at least see albrighton on the bench to make an impact, he's proved he can make a difference when he comes on.

I don't think he did. Col revels in being a miserable sod.

No I don't.

Those who know me would say I'm an optimistic person who loves a laff.

It's this forum that changes me into a periodic glass half empty kinda chap.

Says more about some of the guff I read than it does about me, I suggest..

lol

No I don't.

Those who know me would say I'm an optimistic person who loves a laff.

It's this forum that changes me into a periodic glass half empty kinda chap.

Says more about some of the guff I read than it does about me, I suggest..

lol

I'm sure you are what you say off the forum. Mind you, 18200 posts is a fvck load of misery.

My assumption is that we've got a very good backbone - but a bunch of wasters around them.

If our backbone played for Newcastle, or Swansea, their teams would be improved - but it doesn't hold up for us.

I'm talking about Huth - - Cambiasso - - Kramaric
Add (on form) Mahrez to those 3, and this is a top half Premier League team to me.

Looking at the class difference between these 4, then the likes of Morgan, Simpson, Konchesky, et al, it's just baffling how we've managed to create such a gap between the best, the average, and the poor. 

For next season, i'd like to see Pearson / backroom team work on clearing out the weak, and bringing in the strong FM style. Do our best to hold on to Mahrez, Kramaric, Cambi (won't happen) and Huth (never happening). And build around them. 'Play to your strengths etc'. Regardless of division, I want to see something like this next season.

Hamer

DeLaet / New RB

Moore / New CB 
Huth

Schlupp / New LB

Mahrez / Schlupp if lose Mahrez

James

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Kramaric
Ulloa

List of players which I don't think will be of use next season.

GTF

Gallagher

Simpson

Konchesky

Shwarzer

Schmeichel (cash in while we still can)

Bakayogo

Logan 

Upson
Morgan

Wood (shamefully)

I'd promote Adam Smith to number 2 GK // Tom Hopper as a bench striker option // Ben Chilwell as back-up LB // Tom Lawrence to LW/RW backup and probably give Choudhury a go in the cup games. 

All imaginary ofcourse.

What I like about this thread is - unlike any other thread in FT - it is thought out.

Which of course requires that I give a thought, rather than a snide remark, but I do believe that all thoughts of all fans are going to be as different as the personalities that they possess and the perceptions they have, the influences in their lives, whether they go to every match, just all home games, the occassional one, or only ever listen on the radio. Heck, even where you sit in the stadium could alter your thoughts on our season so far.

Myself I don't feel that much in a position to comment overly, because through a combination of later finishing times on a Saturday and lower wages (thank you very much for your "effieciency" review Royal Mail), I haven't managed to get to a single game this season :( and my perspective is limited to TV and radio. The obvious answer is though that there is one man in charge of the team and rightly or wrongly, we cannot influence his tactics or personnel choice. What is more, we don't watch training, we don't ever sit in the dugout or with the chairman, we don't get spotlighted by the media and we haven't had 30 odd years in the business.

So why is he playing Simpson and not playing Albrighton, well the answer is because he is Nigel Pearson and that is what he does. Myself, I'm not convinced by either... in a back 5 I'd prefer RDL as more attacking, but he has from the little I've seen been a shadow of the player he was last season. And Albrighton... instead of Mahrez? Or isn't it Knockaert who is our great saviour? And people were clamouring that Schlupp be given a chance. It's all just supposition and it's all from our own imperfect perception - the same as NFP has his own imperfect perception.

He is however the man in charge and therefore I will back him and support the team however I can (I know, I know - get down the KP!) and so should we all. Yeah, 12th man and blah, blah, blah... but it's worth something. Actually it's nice to see that there hasn't been any great booing or catcalling - I think our fans are, mostly, aware of the enormity of the task. Besides which such an atmosphere doesn't help the team and I don't think Pearson has "lost the dressing room" in any way - very few of our performances have been awful, which is the most frustrating thing about this season.

I'm just off to look at my calender to see when my next Saturday off is and whether we're playing at home. :scarf:

And his covering back is a million miles better than Albrighton or Knockaert. It is just a case of the 'he's not playing, he must be better' mentality that seems to be endemic and more often than not absolute bollocks.

He's got it. Schlupp is in for his pace which allows us to counter better. Doesn't disguise why others shouldn't be given a go in the home games.

What I like about this thread is - unlike any other thread in FT - it is thought out.

Which of course requires that I give a thought, rather than a snide remark, but I do believe that all thoughts of all fans are going to be as different as the personalities that they possess and the perceptions they have, the influences in their lives, whether they go to every match, just all home games, the occassional one, or only ever listen on the radio. Heck, even where you sit in the stadium could alter your thoughts on our season so far.

Myself I don't feel that much in a position to comment overly, because through a combination of later finishing times on a Saturday and lower wages (thank you very much for your "effieciency" review Royal Mail), I haven't managed to get to a single game this season :( and my perspective is limited to TV and radio. The obvious answer is though that there is one man in charge of the team and rightly or wrongly, we cannot influence his tactics or personnel choice. What is more, we don't watch training, we don't ever sit in the dugout or with the chairman, we don't get spotlighted by the media and we haven't had 30 odd years in the business.

So why is he playing Simpson and not playing Albrighton, well the answer is because he is Nigel Pearson and that is what he does. Myself, I'm not convinced by either... in a back 5 I'd prefer RDL as more attacking, but he has from the little I've seen been a shadow of the player he was last season. And Albrighton... instead of Mahrez? Or isn't it Knockaert who is our great saviour? And people were clamouring that Schlupp be given a chance. It's all just supposition and it's all from our own imperfect perception - the same as NFP has his own imperfect perception.

He is however the man in charge and therefore I will back him and support the team however I can (I know, I know - get down the KP!) and so should we all. Yeah, 12th man and blah, blah, blah... but it's worth something. Actually it's nice to see that there hasn't been any great booing or catcalling - I think our fans are, mostly, aware of the enormity of the task. Besides which such an atmosphere doesn't help the team and I don't think Pearson has "lost the dressing room" in any way - very few of our performances have been awful, which is the most frustrating thing about this season.

I'm just off to look at my calender to see when my next Saturday off is and whether we're playing at home. :scarf:

Very well put.

You saw evidence of what De Laet can do in support of the attack in the goal he created for Vardy against Man U. (There are many other examples of his good attacking play both last season and this.) Could you see Simpson coming even close to this?

I think I'm still right in saying that Albrighton has the same number of assists as Schlupp, in less than a tenth of the playing time. So it's not really a case of rating him because he's not playing. I rate him as much better than Schlupp having see them both play, albeit only briefly in Albrighton's case.

De Laet/Simpson much of a muchness, I prefer De Laet because he can attack well at times. Defensively they're both poor at this level, having seem quite a lot of both of them.

Schwarzer is the real strange one. A one in two mistakes to games ratio is nothing short of embarrassing. Having seen them both play, I'd rather play Hamer with one hand turned behind his back.

Was is clearly many, many leagues ahead of Morgan. Having seen them all play at least several times I rate was above both Morgan and Upson, but Morgan especially, who has seriously regressed this season.

Maybe Albrighton isn't playing well in training, however he must be bloody dire in training if Schlupp is still getting in ahead of him.He was great that game he played with Knockaert (cant remember which one it was), and hasn't had a chance since really. I'd be really pissed off if I was him.

The training thing is a difficult argument. On the pitch, where it actually counts for something, Albrighton has always looked decent and in his most recent games, more than decent so surely that's the yardstick? Not if he can run around cones really well?

Archived