Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Leicester 3-2 Aston Villa - Results & Man of the Match

Subs Inspire Mahrez & City Into 17-Minute 3-Goal Comeback

lcfcratings.wordpress.com

Sunday 13 September 2015, 16:00
Barclays Premier League
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester City 3
de Laet 72′, Vardy 82′, Dyer 89′

Aston Villa 2
Grealish 39′, Gil 63′

Total Votes : 297

LCFC Ratings Man of the Match : Riyad Mahrez

1. Riyad Mahrez : 8.31
  2. (SUB) N'Golo Kanté : 8.02
  3. (SUB) Nathan Dyer : 7.88
  4. Jamie Vardy : 7.63
  5. Wes Morgan : 7.50
  6. Danny Drinkwater : 7.35
  7. (SUB) Leonardo Ulloa : 6.77
  8. Jeff Schlupp : 6.54
  9. Ritchie De Laet : 6.25
  10. Kasper Schmeichel : 6.22
  11. Marc Albrighton : 6.04
  12. Robert Huth : 6.02
  13. Shinji Okazaki : 5.59
  14. Gokhan Inler : 5.25

Team Performance : 6.82 (3/6)

Manager Performance : 7.77 (3/6)

Opposition Performance : 5.82 (3/6)

Officials Performance (Ref: Mike Dean) : 4.18 (5/6)

Overall Manager Confidence : 98.95% (+2.20)

Should be the worst referee performance really, an absolute appalling display from Dean

I think 4th is about right. I actually cannot believe the referees this season. They've literally gotten even worse than they were last year. All five so far have been either ridiculously inconsistent, gotten the biggest calls wrong or both.

Use your Brain, he was having to cover for Inlers poor show.He was about the only one who came out of the 1st half with any credit.

Respect your opinion but I disagree, I thought Inler's main issue was poor passing, Drinkwater didn't have to cover him as such, Drinkwater was misplacing just as many passes. We basically had no midfield in the first half. It was a horror show.

Respect your opinion but I disagree, I thought Inler's main issue was poor passing, Drinkwater didn't have to cover him as such, Drinkwater was misplacing just as many passes. We basically had no midfield in the first half. It was a horror show.

Seems an awful lot disagree including MOTD pundits who had him as MOM.

Thought the whole team struggled 1st half. 2nd half we were well on top most of the time. Their 2nd goal was a gutter. Morgan was immense 2nd half and got better as it went on. Mahrez was simply unplayable in the last 25. Kante made a massive difference when he came on - massive.

The pace, passion and belief was incredible and the way Villa wilted almost as spectacular. Sherwoods touch line flapping was literally beyond words.

Taking off agbongy was ridiculous because it took the pressure off the defense and allowed Wes to roam forward, which he did.

Drinkwater was class. He was absolutely everywhere.

And Mahrez just gets better and better.

Someone needs to polish Mahrez off in my opinion, he is a great player and its not his ability that's lacking more so his decision making at times he is a tad greedy at times and can be careless and lose the ball like he did against Villa. The lad is still young and has in no way peaked so hopefully Raneri has the ability to teach him how to be a genius

Some people were at a different game to me. I thought that Drinkwater had a very good game: 1st and 2nd half. As others have said he was one of the few to come out of the first half with much credit.

Mahrez wasn’t in the game 1st half and then helped change the game in the 2nd half.

Morgan and Drinkwater were the better players over ninety minutes, but I can understand why Mahrez might get MOTM. Despite his influence being over a shorter duration you could argue that it was a match winning performance. Personally I gave the MOM to DD, but gave Riyad and Wes the same rating.

Archived