Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Steven

West Ham (Home) - Post Match Thread 2 - 1

Recommended Posts

Posted

What squad in the premiership would Cambiasso not get in to?

He's the best player I've seen in a leicester shirt in my 27 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said in the thread Cambiasso=Class, I feel so fortunate to have seen a player of his quality in a Leicester shirt (and I'm 54).

Someone needs to explain to Col City that he needs to review his opinion of Cambiasso.

Posted

How do you work that out?

He should start over Mahrez at the moment, just because he brings a tempo that Mahrez doesn't seem up for. Same for Kamaric and Ulloa, the latters control isn't good enough. I was screaming for both changes from the end of the first half... But how you pin it on just Albrighton I don't know.

Come on Babs, I thought you had some more nouse to not take my post literally. It was more a dig at all the Albrighton lovers / Nige haters.

Ok, I'll be serious now. Yes, totally agree Mahrez was once again off the boil but I'd hardly say that Albrighton was a game changer. He did provide more than Mahrez but he wasn't amazing in the least. I think he does provide a ton more energy and running though. Mahrez seems almost like he has mentally left.

Also agree on Krama, he provided a lot of missed class and Ulloa's touch and pace is less than desireable but remember, he won us the penalty and if we had gone 2-0 up (I'm not blaming Nuge for the miss, it was a good save), Ulloa would have been a big part of that.

Still a little unsure of best team and formation though. Today was way more of a cup game and we came away with a well deserved result (which I am ecstatic at). I'm still worried how open our midfield is and how much time we gave Song and Noble.

Anyway, no negativity allowed today, analysis can wait.

We chuffin' won and are back in the hunt!!!

Posted

As I said in the thread Cambiasso=Class, I feel so fortunate to have seen a player of his quality in a Leicester shirt (and I'm 54).

Someone needs to explain to Col City that he needs to review his opinion of Cambiasso.

. We have tried
Posted

Going into the game, there was no chance. Now there is a glimmer.

 

A big favour from Newcastle tomorrow and its game on.

Posted

Thank f^ck for that, I must have aged twenty years but boy the relief. Hope Nige sticks with Vardy Nuge and Kram for the remaining home games, Ulloa not for me, shite work rate and Collins owned him in the air!

Posted

I don't think I've ever read so much guff on one player as I have about Albrighton.

 

In January his importance was massively over-estimated by those who wanted to criticise the manager. Now his performances are denigrated by some posters who decry all others as 'knee jerk morons'. Basically he's average, but the best we have at that position. His performance today was good and helped win us the game.

Posted

Thank f^ck for that, I must have aged twenty years but boy the relief. Hope Nige sticks with Vardy Nuge and Kram for the remaining home games, Ulloa not for me, shite work rate and Collins owned him in the air!

 

This.

 

How the hell did Ulloa turn so doggo so quickly?

Posted

I don't think I've ever read so much guff on one player as I have about Albrighton.

 

In January his importance was massively over-estimated by those who wanted to criticise the manager. Now his performances are denigrated by some posters who decry all others as 'knee jerk morons'. Basically he's average, but the best we have at that position. His performance today was good and helped win us the game.

I'm sure you have, I'll name a few:

Cambiasso

Hamer

Schwarzer

Morgan

Schlupp

Knockaert

Nugent

All of them have been touted as amazing or crap this season

Posted

Nobody can doubt Cambiasso's class, he was levels above anyone else on the pitch today.

I don't think we have the right blend of players around him hence in a lot of games we surrender the midfield "battle". In a 4-2-3-1 like today he'd be ideal alongside a Song type player. James isn't enough of a physical presence, nor mobile enough to disrupt the opposition when in possession.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

Funny old game that.

At times, West Ham carved us open and should have finished the game after about 40 minutes.

Cambiasso today was superb. I watched him very closely all game and today he was better than anything we have. Superb performance from him.

Second half, West ham looked like they were already on the beach whereas we were well up for it.

Still they could have won, hitting the post after about 70 ish.

The bit I didn't get was keeping Ulloa on for so long. Kram came on far too late IMO and made such a difference with his energy.

3 massive points today. Bloody shame QPR won but if they did, so can we next week.

Posted

Thank f^ck for that, I must have aged twenty years but boy the relief. Hope Nige sticks with Vardy Nuge and Kram for the remaining home games, Ulloa not for me, shite work rate and Collins owned him in the air!

Agree with Vardy, Nuge and Kram starting. In fairness to Ulloa he did put himself about a bit today, roughed their centre backs up a few times and won the pen. Kram looks top class though if he can get a run of games sure he will score a few.

Great win today. The great escape is on.

Posted

Funny old game that.

At times, West Ham carved us open and should have finished the game after about 40 minutes.

Cambiasso today was superb. I watched him very closely all game and today he was better than anything we have. Superb performance from him.

Second half, West ham looked like they were already on the beach whereas we were well up for it.

Still they could have won, hitting the post after about 70 ish.

The bit I didn't get was keeping Ulloa on for so long. Kram came on far too late IMO and made such a difference with his energy.

3 massive points today. Bloody shame QPR won but if they did, so can we next week.

 

Good man.

Posted

Nobody can doubt Cambiasso's class, he was levels above anyone else on the pitch today.

I don't think we have the right blend of players around him hence in a lot of games we surrender the midfield "battle". In a 4-2-3-1 like today he'd be ideal alongside a Song type player. James isn't enough of a physical presence, nor mobile enough to disrupt the opposition when in possession.

Him and Song in the middle would be superb

James is a good box to box midfielder but he's not a great attacker or defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted

Funny old game that.

At times, West Ham carved us open and should have finished the game after about 40 minutes.

Cambiasso today was superb. I watched him very closely all game and today he was better than anything we have. Superb performance from him.

Second half, West ham looked like they were already on the beach whereas we were well up for it.

Still they could have won, hitting the post after about 70 ish.

The bit I didn't get was keeping Ulloa on for so long. Kram came on far too late IMO and made such a difference with his energy.

3 massive points today. Bloody shame QPR won but if they did, so can we next week.

Come on City

Let's fvcking do this and stay up

Posted

Funny old game that.

At times, West Ham carved us open and should have finished the game after about 40 minutes.

Cambiasso today was superb. I watched him very closely all game and today he was better than anything we have. Superb performance from him.

Second half, West ham looked like they were already on the beach whereas we were well up for it.

Still they could have won, hitting the post after about 70 ish.

The bit I didn't get was keeping Ulloa on for so long. Kram came on far too late IMO and made such a difference with his energy.

3 massive points today. Bloody shame QPR won but if they did, so can we next week.

Did someone hack Col's account? :D

Agree on Krama for Ulloa mate, actually think he holds the ball up better than Leo too. So unlucky to have that cleared off the line (so wanted that to go in for him) and his tenacity got us the second.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

Did someone hack Col's account? :D

Agree on Krama for Ulloa mate, actually think he holds the ball up better than Leo too. So unlucky to have that cleared off the line (so wanted that to go in for him) and his tenacity got us the second.

lol

Today buddy I cannot recollect he put a foot wrong (Cambiasso). Lovely performance. Same again next week would be smashing.

Added to that is Huth who clearly looks every bit a Premiership centre back.

Finally, I'm well chuffed for King who for months on here has been slated.

Posted

Kramaric finally got played in an attacking formation/attacking minded team today and he was class. Has to start now, and we have to keep the intensity. Benching the poor lad after starting him up top alone playing defensively was a crime, hopefully now Nige will see his mistake.

 

Good edge to our game today, football was still pretty attrocious at times but agression, spirit, determination and grit was bang on. Substitutions were good from Nige too and could see him working hard to wind the players up on the sidelines so hats off to him for showing a bit of determination and a bit of courage with his formation and subs today.

 

Pleased all-round. Just a shame it could still be too late.

Posted

Come on Babs, I thought you had some more nouse to not take my post literally. It was more a dig at all the Albrighton lovers / Nige haters.

Ok, I'll be serious now. Yes, totally agree Mahrez was once again off the boil but I'd hardly say that Albrighton was a game changer. He did provide more than Mahrez but he wasn't amazing in the least. I think he does provide a ton more energy and running though. Mahrez seems almost like he has mentally left.

Also agree on Krama, he provided a lot of missed class and Ulloa's touch and pace is less than desireable but remember, he won us the penalty and if we had gone 2-0 up (I'm not blaming Nuge for the miss, it was a good save), Ulloa would have been a big part of that.

Still a little unsure of best team and formation though. Today was way more of a cup game and we came away with a well deserved result (which I am ecstatic at). I'm still worried how open our midfield is and how much time we gave Song and Noble.

Anyway, no negativity allowed today, analysis can wait.

We chuffin' won and are back in the hunt!!!

Sorry I didn't see it was you! Thing is shite like that does get posted!!! Ha.
Posted

Problem with cambiasso for me is that he's probably actually too good for us...

The majority of his game is smart, something our squad isn't.

He has some absolute mares at times but I can't help think if he was playing in a team like inter still, those through balls and stray passes would probably have a team mate on the end of them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...