Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mortified Penguin

Union FS tifo display

I don't really get what the problem is with the club doing it too. Surely it'll look even better with 3 stands having a display and there is no way they would have thought to have done it if Union FS hadn't decided to which shows the influence they are already having. I think it's fantastic the club have got on board with the idea and I would imagine Union FS care more about how the whole stadium looks rather than just having one stand with the tifo and getting praised for it.

It depends what the display is. It could just end up looking really disjointed as it's going to be two different designs, different types of material etc.

If the whole stadium looks good, then fine. Can't see it myself given the club's display seems to have been all put together at the last minute though. Hope I'm wrong.

Starting to sound like it was done to benefit UFS and not the team by what you are saying there. Be proud of the achievement and the inroads you have made.

Yeah I agree with you BM but I can assure you Dan meant well there! First and foremost this was done for the love of the Club and to hopefully lift the crowd for an early kick off, which are typically drab affairs. Of course the recognition is nice and more importantly the awareness of the group that comes with it - but they are not the primary reasons.

I will absolutely be the proudest bloke in the stadium at around 12.40 tomorrow. :thumbup:

Thanks for all your comments!

I don't see it as a massive issue. Will potentially look awesome across the entire stadium as long as the club one sort of fits in. I'd take it as a compliment that the club are using your idea. I do think however that FS should get all the recognition they deserve for their efforts.

I thought the watford play off thing looked pretty good as the players came out, and hoping it all comes together tomorrow.

It was a great idea by Union FS and I'm looking forward to supporting that. We need to be supporting the lads as we all want to avoid the drop.

So I accept that the club jumping on the wagon and doing more is not a bad thing, the main point is the players get encouraged to fight for survival by a show of support by the fans.

Plenty of credit to Union FS though, an amazing achievement and fair play to the club, they've been pretty reasonable in their dealings from what I can see.

This adverse reaction to the "#fearless" thing the club is trying to promote is a bit silly.

Yes it's a bit camp but the right motive is there and we should try to get behind what they're doing rather than slate it.

The club has spent thousands trying to improve the atmosphere and to try and get the fans right behind the team.

Come on lads. Lets just enjoy it while it lasts. The clubs has been quality in recent weeks.

If it's just a mosaic for tomorrow then I think it'll help promote Union FS more than anything. Bit similar to this;

maxresdefault.jpg

"Who gives a ****? We're Leicester boys and we're staying up".

• Like 1

Maybe if the west and east stand are holding up blue cards and the family stand white cards and then The Kop have the picture it would look good.

But it's shameful from the club they've waited till now to do one, especially if there's is woeful

Edited by LCFC FOX

Look I get it feels like a kick in the teeth lads but try to look at the positives. The club are actively encouraging this and joining in, this could/should lead to more fan involvement in creating the match day experience.

Let's give the club a break on this, yes they weren't particularly tactful but well intentioned

Yeah I agree with you BM but I can assure you Dan meant well there! First and foremost this was done for the love of the Club and to hopefully lift the crowd for an early kick off, which are typically drab affairs. Of course the recognition is nice and more importantly the awareness of the group that comes with it - but they are not the primary reasons.

I will absolutely be the proudest bloke in the stadium at around 12.40 tomorrow. :thumbup:

Thanks for all your comments!

Good man, personally can't wait to see it!!!top notch effort from all those involved.

Are you bothered as long as it looks good? Maybe it'll be a little detrimental to marketing the group but you'll know you've had a hugely positive impact as there is no chance they would be doing it without your efforts and inspiration.

Fan initiatives are a lot more impressive than club initiatives. That's not even disputable. I agree it's a positive move and I'm looking forward to it, but our fans (not just UFS) won't get the credit they deserve for this now, for me.

Starting to sound like it was done to benefit UFS and not the team by what you are saying there. Be proud of the achievement and the inroads you have made.

Why'd it all be done to benefit just us? It isn't some marketing ploy. Like I said above, fan initiatives are more impressive than club initiatives and it's all going to come across as a club initiative now. I'm not slagging LCFC off entirely, but I'd personally rather they'd done it for the Southampton game. Maybe just me.

I think what you guys are doing is great...

Organising stuff like this, the flags, some interesting new chants and, as far as I can see from L1, having an effect on the dormant Kop. The only vaguely negative thought I've ever had with regards to Union FS (aside from some of the childish "we're better than L1" stuff that a couple of posters started at first - thankfully not an issue now) was that I felt your location would take people away from L1 and K and I always thought that was a shame as it was (and I believe still is) our best location for getting all of the people who like to stand and sing together.

That said, the positive way of looking at this is that your idea has spread to involve people on three sides of the ground which can only be a good thing.

Hopefully the people that need to know this stemmed from Union FS will do. This can only increase your profile and make you stronger as a group - your PR is excellent already by the way. A stronger and more recognised Union FS can only be good for the atmosphere at the stadium which I think, as I've said elsewhere, has become the best in the country in the last couple of months. There's no doubt that's at least in a small way down to you guys.

I look forward to the day that Union FS can join with everyone else who likes to stand and sing in that stadium and maintain it as the best in the country :scarf:

Edited by Freeman's Wharfer
  • Like 1

Look at us look at us we want all the credit.

#UnionFS4eva

Hardly, the union FS lads have dipped into their own pockets to support the club, they want the recognition to try and get more active members so the group and therefore the atmosphere can improve. I'm certain the lads are grateful for the support from the club but they've detracted from the fan organised (and paid) for tifo.
  • Like 1

I think what you guys are doing is great...

Organising stuff like this, the flags, some interesting new chants and, as far as I can see from L1, having an effect on the dormant Kop. The only vaguely negative thought I've ever had with regards to Union FS (aside from some of the childish "we're better than L1" stuff that a couple of posters started at first - thankfully not an issue now) was that I felt your location would take people away from L1 and K and I always thought that was a shame as it was (and I believe still is) our best location for getting all of the people who like to stand and sing together.

That said, the positive way of looking at this is that your idea has spread to involve people on three sides of the ground which can only be a good thing.

Hopefully the people that need to know this stemmed from Union FS will do. This can only increase your profile and make you stronger as a group - your PR is excellent already by the way. A stronger and more recognised Union FS can only be good for the atmosphere at the stadium which I think, as I've said elsewhere, has become the best in the country in the last couple of months. There's no doubt that's at least in a small way down to you guys.

I look forward to the day that Union FS can join with everyone else who likes to stand and sing in that stadium and maintain it as the best in the country :scarf:

the question is if everyone in L/K/J blocks who stood and wanted to sing moved across the kop would it be a problem then? Or do you feel you need to be next to the away fans. The long term plan is a all standing kop which gives it 100% 

BTsport will been mentioning the fan initiative and I imagine it will be announced at the KP too. Brilliant effort from the fans but I also think that the club getting involved is a positive, I doubt for a minute that they thought of this to piss people off but instead to actively encourage it. It's been quite clear over the past few away games and the clappers at home that all the club want is a booming atmosphere. Let's embrace all tomorrow, create the biggest atmosphere and thrash toon and show all the clubs below us we mean business and are the best fans to ever grace the premier league!

Edited by Benthefoxface
  • Like 2

Union fs should and will be applauded for there brilliant efforts in organising there kop tifo tomorrow and im sure the football club appreciate all there hard work and efforts in funding it, im pretty sure its not there intention to steal the limelight from them but to just simply join in in creating a fantastic display. Who knows in the future when union fs decide to have another go the club may well fund it for them,

Good luck for tomorrow boys you should be proud

the question is if everyone in L/K/J blocks who stood and wanted to sing moved across the kop would it be a problem then? Or do you feel you need to be next to the away fans. The long term plan is a all standing kop which gives it 100% 

It wouldn't be a problem no but it won't happen because people want to be next to the away fans, that's the way it is at most grounds across the country. That's not to gesture or throw things or anything else, it just seems to work that football fans are at their best when they are competing with an opposing set of fans.

Yes, there are some great ultra groups in Europe with passionate, noisy support but the atmosphere in England is something different and it's partly that which makes it such a saleable product for Sky around the globe. Personally, I'd hate for our country to lose that and would hope that groups such as Union FS complement existing culture rather than replace it (which I think you are doing btw).

Safe-standing is the one thing that I could envisage encouraging fans in L1 away from there but then again what happens if that group of people continue to stand in the seats there in spite of a safe-standing area at the other end of the ground? The club would have to think sensibly about where to locate the safe-standing area.

I have always thought that if we do extend the ground it could be a great thing for the atmosphere. An extension to the top of L1 could allow more people who want to stand to move in there behind the current lot creating a huge standing section of our singers. Who knows, the restructured stand could also work better for the acoustics too if done right.

You have to say it's hilarious that the club has copied Union FS.

It's a shame they've chosen to do it in this match which will deflect attention from a great initiative which has been led by a group of fans alone. But I suppose we should look at the bigger picture, so to speak. The players will be even more inspired if 3 quarters of the crowd are involved.

I don't know why they had to do exactly the same thing. Why not balloons or ticker tape (something that should probably be done every game), and why only now?