Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mortified Penguin

Union FS tifo display

Seriously considering if I can be arsed to leave home at 0545 to help set this up now

On reflection been looking forward to this for too long to let Tops lackies spoil my day. We' ll piss on their tinpot display anyway.

UFS rule!

Edited by steveherbe

I don't think the club have bad intent it but it would have been nice if the club let Union FS have the moment. I doubt the club display will be anywhere near the same level, probably just bits of blue and white paper.

It could still look fantastic though, let's hope so.

• Like 1

I don't think the club have bad intent it but it would have been nice if the club let Union FS have the moment. I doubt the club display will be anywhere near the same level, probably just bits of blue and white paper.

It could still look fantastic though, let's hope so.

It may even make the Union FS one stand out even more.

Guest MattP

Bit shit this, the idea clearly didn't enter the head of anyone at the club until Union FS decided to do theirs off their own backs, the club one will be done by paid employees, big difference in that in what this stuff is supposed to be about.

The club one will probably say something really gay as well.

I don't really get what the problem is with the club doing it too. Surely it'll look even better with 3 stands having a display and there is no way they would have thought to have done it if Union FS hadn't decided to which shows the influence they are already having. I think it's fantastic the club have got on board with the idea and I would imagine Union FS care more about how the whole stadium looks rather than just having one stand with the tifo and getting praised for it.

• Like 2

With Watson with this, the club recently has joined in in helping to create an atmosphere. As whilst the FA would most likely have something to say if the club came out and told fans to get on their feet and sing all game, the clappers recently have helped those who would by no other method get involved in the atmosphere find their voice, they seem to be a lot less eager to crush the atmosphere as in previous years.

As long as proper credit is given to Union FS for this, and the club 'mosaic' isn't completely cringeworthy, it's a step in the right direction in my opinion.

• Like 2

Leicester City plan giant mosaic to inspire Nigel Pearson's men against Newcastle

By Mercury_Sport  |  Posted: May 01, 2015

By Rob Tanner

9972869-large.jpg

City fans with clackers

Leicester City are planning to inspire Nigel Pearson's players to another vital victory in their battle to avoid relegation by creating a giant mosaic in the stands, with the help of the Blue Army.

In recent weeks City have handed out clackers to create a cauldron of noise but City are opting this week to create some visual inspiration for the players as they walk out to face Newcastle United at the King Power Stadium for their lunchtime kick-off.

Cards will be placed on every seat in the Family Stand and East Stand to be held up by every supporter as the players come out for their vital clash.

Supporter group Union FS have a special surprise of their own for supporters in the Kop.

•  

Supporters are requested to be in their seats ten minutes before kick-off so the mosaic can be at its most effective.

Manger Nigel Pearson said the supporters have played their part in City's revival.

"Your supporters have always had a big part to play whether it be home or away and it is important that you feel the fans are behind the players," said Pearson.

"That is something we have had all season.

"It is difficult when results aren't going the way you would want them to go and we have had our critics this year but that goes with the sorts of results at times.

"Hopefully, whatever the result, the supporters have seen the players have put in performances that the fans are proud of."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-plan-giant-mosaic-inspire-Nigel/story-26425400-detail/story.html#ixzz3Yu4gzAOy 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Unfortunately most people will just read the headline and the first couple of sentences.

Bit shit this, the idea clearly didn't enter the head of anyone at the club until Union FS decided to do theirs off their own backs, the club one will be done by paid employees, big difference in that in what this stuff is supposed to be about.

The club one will probably say something really gay as well.

I think we can all guess what hashtag it will say.

Stealing our thunder there for me, intentionally or not.

Unfortunately most people will just read the headline and the first couple of sentences.

That makes it sound like it was the club's idea and that Union FS have enhanced it, rather than the other way around.

UFS won't get the credit we deserve for this. Guarantee it now. We will get some, but not as much.

That makes it sound like it was the club's idea and that Union FS have enhanced it, rather than the other way around.

UFS won't get the credit we deserve for this. Guarantee it now. We will get some, but not as much.

Are you bothered as long as it looks good? Maybe it'll be a little detrimental to marketing the group but you'll know you've had a hugely positive impact as there is no chance they would be doing it without your efforts and inspiration.

Starting to sound like it was done to benefit UFS and not the team by what you are saying there. Be proud of the achievement and the inroads you have made.