Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Next Leader of the Opposition

154 members have voted

1. 1. Labour Party (v2)

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Liz Kendall

You keep moaning about the media that keep going on about Corbyn not singing the anthem then keep posting links to media that keep mentioning Corbyn not singing the national anthem.

What did you think of PMQ's? Let's get onto Corbyn's politics, that's what you want isn't it?

I am sure you will post an accurate account of his actions or  what he was or not wearing. All the important things.

You do know that report was a spoof don't you?

lol Corbyn needs to "grow up" and sing the national anthem.  I no longer sing it since I grew up and started thinking about what the song actually means.  Perhaps sycofantic nationalists need to grow up to the idea that the Queen serves no modern purpose other than being a figurehead in outdated ceremonies.  Perhaps more politicians could learn from his whole "having beliefs and standing by them" thing.  

I think it's great Corbyn's making lots of people outside of the daily rags stop and think about the behaviour of the political class.  The bloody murder the papers were shrieking at the weekend only belies an underlying fear of a truly different politician and I think it's great for the national conversation amongst the people able to think beyond headlines.

So, Corbyn is unpatriotic for not singig the national anthem? Well, neither does the Queen. Does that make her unpatriotic too?

I need a lie down. :rolleyes:

I remember me and Bilo speaking a couple months back and we agreed that the Corbynistas could end up being as daft as the SNP lot when it comes to political debate, I actually think they could surpass them now with what I've read over this past week, they've already ruined what was a thriving Daily Politics debate page on Facebook with their ridiculous conspiracy theories and analogies, I can only imagine what Twitter has become.

Saw  a sky news clip where he says he was thinking about his family parents who served as air raid wardens and showed resprct in the way he thought appropriate and will do again at future events. He did not shout. he answered calmly and clearly.

Yesterday a bill was passed to cut tax credits that will hit working class families. What were the headlines in the papers? Corbyn does not sing? They sure have got their priorities right haven't they?

Answered clearly? She asked him twice if he would sing it next time and he dodged the question. We are now being told by the party his comments are supposed to indicate he now will be singing it next time around.

I agree with you on the next bit though, hopefully soon Corbyn will be coming out with some policies to actually engage in political debate and he'll be offering up his solutions as to how he is going to continue to achieve economic growth whilst making sure we have a higher minimum wage, no cuts to any services, huge investment in housing and healthcare and an end to austerity, it's going to have to be something incredibly special.

I need a lie down. :rolleyes:

I remember me and Bilo speaking a couple months back and we agreed that the Corbynistas could end up being as daft as the SNP lot when it comes to political debate, I actually think they could surpass them now with what I've read over this past week, they've already ruined what was a thriving Daily Politics debate page on Facebook with their ridiculous conspiracy theories and analogies, I can only imagine what Twitter has become.

Can you think of another head of state who doesn't sing their country's national anthem? Does Obama stand silent for the Star Spangled Banner? No.

As I pointed out earlier, it isn't a national anthem at all.

Can you think of another head of state who doesn't sing their country's national anthem? Does Obama stand silent for the Star Spangled Banner? No.

As I pointed out earlier, it isn't a national anthem at all.

Do you really not get the difference between the Queen not singing God Save the Queen and Obama not singing Star Spangled Banner? He's another question, can you think of another potential World leader that actually refuses to sing the National Anthem of the country he wants to lead?

It's a shit anthem yes and it's bollocks as it's refers to mythical beings but so do many other anthems, hyms, poems etc tons of them mention things like god, dragons and all sorts of nonsense. Would you refuse to sing Puff the Magic Dragon at a school play to a children as it's a mythical being? Of course you wouldn't, you'd do it as it would be in keeping with the event you attend.

Mind you at least it's not Jerusalem, he'd probably be spitting on the floor if they played that.

Anyway it's done know, he's singing it from now on and hopefully the donkey jacket will stay in Foot's cupboard in a couple of months.

Do you really not get the difference between the Queen not singing God Save the Queen and Obama not singing Star Spangled Banner? He's another question, can you think of another potential World leader that actually refuses to sing the National Anthem of the country he wants to lead?

It's a shit anthem yes and it's bollocks as it's refers to mythical beings but so do many other anthems, hyms, poems etc tons of them mention things like god, dragons and all sorts of nonsense. Would you refuse to sing Puff the Magic Dragon at a school play to a children as it's a mythical being? Of course you wouldn't, you'd do it as it would be in keeping with the event you attend.

Mind you at least it's not Jerusalem, he'd probably be spitting on the floor if they played that.

Anyway it's done know, he's singing it from now on and hopefully the donkey jacket will stay in Foot's cupboard in a couple of months.

Oh, I understand perfectly well.

Obama sings because it is a national anthem, celebrating America; the Queen doesn't because it is not a national anthem, merely a eulogy to herself.

So why would any Republican sing it? Or is not being an arse-licking, monarchist sycophant a crime now?

Oh, I understand perfectly well.

Obama sings because it is a national anthem, celebrating America; the Queen doesn't because it is not a national anthem, merely a eulogy to herself.

So why would any Republican sing it? Or is not being an arse-licking, monarchist sycophant a crime now?

A celebration of them blowing people to kingdom come you mean.

And no, it won't ever be a crime, but I didn't need to really say that did I?

Admittedly, that was on the BBC News, so it had probably been photoshopped by the gay, Islamist, anarcho-Trotskyist clique who use the BBC to dominate the national discourse and destroy the traditional values beloved of the people.

Corbyn was probably really wearing corduroy dungarees covered with "Dig deep for the miners" stickers and a tie-dye T-shirt emblazoned with the face of Che Guevara.

Oh how I laughed.

Alf you genuinely make this forum a better place to visit.

I can't understand this bum loving of a MP that has done eff all, and vice versa of those that hate him.  He's only just got the job, give some time to bum love or hate!!!!

Yep.  I'm just looking forward to how the national conversation unravels from this point on.  For better or worse it's surely interesting times ahead!

The irony of the left, for whom being offended is their favourite hobby, telling us what we're not allowed to be offended by.

Not singing the national anthem doesn't bother me that much. It's more of a  :rolleyes: than a  :mad: but if it offends others, that's their right.

Didn't anything about "total disrespect for the war hero's" -  just said I didn't think it looked smart. Anyway PMQ's in an hour, the serious stuff so let's get back to politics, no more slander about appearance from me.

12006288_10156068493335472_5867853569264

lol

You're worth reading too (but the short posts are best ;) )

btw I'd have sang and I would sing muslim chants too but it doesn't worry me if someone doesn't want to sing an anthem or whatever.

For what it's worth I don't always do my top button up either when wearing a suit, but I certainly would if I was going to be seen by millions of people and was attending a state event.

I always do my top button up if wearing a tie, obviously never if not.

I wouldn't change that if it were for the homeless or for the queen. Take me or leave me. Please yourself Jeremy.

Little interview on BBC just now with him regarding yesterday.

Was asked twice if he would sing it next time and just wouldn't answer the question.

That's what I like about him.

He doesn't have to answer every media question.

The media are not his employees nor his God.

Archived