Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

Danny Simpson Guilty - Avoids Jail

Forgetting about his troubles, is he much worst than De Laet?

At least Simpson can defend

Is last year actually repeating itself? Can nobody remember how ****ing shit he was at both defending and attacking? He'd just back off and back off until somebody else helped

I assume that all players have something in their contracts about bringing the game or club into disrepute, so i imagine that if the club want him gone, they can do it without too much trouble.

The fatc that he has been on the bench of late suggests the club (or some within it) do not want him gone.

I assume that all players have something in their contracts about bringing the game or club into disrepute, so i imagine that if the club want him gone, they can do it without too much trouble.

The fatc that he has been on the bench of late suggests the club (or some within it) do not want him gone.

There will be clauses, but nothing that could legally stand up against what DS was guilty of.

If the club took the strange decision to sack him for something that clearly wasn't connected to the club, they would be taken to the cleaners by his lawyers.

Guest MattP

There will be clauses, but nothing that could legally stand up against what DS was guilty of.

If the club took the strange decision to sack him for something that clearly wasn't connected to the club, they would be taken to the cleaners by his lawyers.

How did Wigan manage to sack Marlon King then?

Is last year actually repeating itself? Can nobody remember how ****ing shit he was at both defending and attacking? He'd just back off and back off until somebody else helped

Agree with this. We had this debate before and worked out that De Laet is better for the team. Simpson came in and we ended up losing without creating anything. At least with De Laet you have movement going forward rather than just leaking goals at the back.

How did Wigan manage to sack Marlon King then?

Probably wrote a clause in their because he had history. Or they sacked him, but paid him off.

But nobody can just sack someone for their behaviour away from work. Unless it meant they couldn't complete their duties (prison).

The player knows and his lawyers know and the club know that if Simpson was to be removed from the club, the player would be guaranteed a nice pay day

Not sure about his defending abilities against Hull last year and in the LC against West Ham for whatever reason he decided to head the ball back into the middle of the box causing chaos and mayhem, not sure I have ever heard a coach teach that as a way to defend.

From the AFL Players Code of Conduct contract.

Player Responsibilities 2.1 Behaviour

(iii) involves criminal conduct which directly impacts in a material way upon the Player’s ability to perform his duties as an Australian Rules footballer or impacts upon the reputation of the AFL or the AFL Club in any way; or (iv) involves conduct deemed by his AFL Club and the Club’s Leadership Group (or senior players of the Club if no such group exists) in accordance with clause 5 of this Code to be have brought the AFL and/or his AFL Club into disrepute.

Im sure that ALL sports organisations have a similar clause, if the club want him gone, they can do it.

Player Responsibilities
2.1 Behaviour
AFL Players aspire to the highest standards of sportsmanship and professional
conduct.
AFL Players must conduct themselves in a manner so as not to bring Australian
Rules football, the AFL, AFL Clubs and other AFL Players into disrepute.
This clause applies to a Player’s behaviour which:
(i)
occurs during the course of any match, training session, Club or AFL
function, promotional appearance, camp or tour, including travelling to
and from such employment related commitments; or
(ii)
involves public comment or comments made to the media; or
(iii)
involves criminal conduct which directly impacts in a material way upon
the Player’s ability to perform his duties as an Australian Rules footballer
or impacts upon the reputation of the AFL or the AFL Club in any way; or
(iv) involves conduct deemed by his AFL Club and the Club’s Leadership
Group (or senior players of the Club if no such group exists) in
accordance with clause 5 of this Code to be have brought the AFL and/or
his AFL Club into disrepute.
The Players understand the obligations upon them as expressly stated in this
clause 2.1, however, the AFL and AFL Clubs also recognise that Players may be
subject to significantly greater intrusion into their private lives than the average
person. This notion should be respected when assessing a Player’s conduct and
the circumstances surrounding any potential breach of the Code

I'd pick Ritchie De Laet ahead of Danny Simpson any day of the week.

Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of players i would pick over Danny Simpson:

Richie De Laet

Liam Moore

Yohan Benalaouane

Junior Lewis

Ali Dia

Susan Whelan

Susan Boyle

Brian Potter

He was good Saturday. Was refreshing to see our right back understand that's ill it's defending first, attacking second... A distant second, especially away from home.

But... Will we ever forget or forgive for what's happened? What we've read in newspapers? I still don't know what to believe so il give him the benefit of the doubt. Pictures with the other players including Drinky seems to me they have no issue with him...

I must make it clear though, if he's been proved guilty as the title of thread suggests, I will find it extremely hard to forgive him. Had issues in our family years ago with a male acting like this towards a female and it's sickening. People make mistakes and learn from them very quickly, but this sort of thing is hard to forgive.

Lets not forget how shocking Simpson actually is despite an above average performance where he was up against Matt Jarvis and Rob Brady

Maybe but he's a better defender than De Laet in my opinion. Offers nothing going forward I admit, but does a better job at the back than Richie.

Better defender that DeLaet marginally but lets not forget that he didn't have Mahrez infront of him like DeLaet has had most games, which really does make a difference as Albrighton works hard in defence also. I think DeLaet offers more than Simpson but its more vulnerable when Mahrez is infront of him. I think we need to spend on a top RB in January

Danny Simpson happy still to be part of Leicester City's Premier League adventure

By Mercury_Sport  |  Posted: October 06, 2015

By Rob Tanner

11099743-large.jpg

Danny Simpson made his first Premier League appearance at Norwich since his assault conviction

• "It is all about playing football for me," he said.

"All the lads, the whole squad, have been top-class and there is a really great feeling about the place and the fans.

"This is a great time to be at Leicester and it is nice to still be part of it.

"I haven't played for a while and I am trying to get up to full fitness, but it was nice to be back involved – and to be part of a good away win.

"I seized up a little towards the end and had to come off but I have a couple of weeks now to recover and get back training ready for the next game."

Simpson said City had responded in the best way after their 5-2 defeat to Arsenal the previous week and, although the side still haven't managed to keep a clean sheet this season, Simpson said it was only a matter of time.

"We had to bounce back after the Arsenal defeat," he said.

"Everyone knows Arsenal were at their best last week but Norwich was a tough place to go and to get the three points is great. It wasn't pretty but we dug deep and battled away.

"The clean sheet is coming. There were signs against Norwich where not just the back five but the whole team were very organised.

"We got in good positions and shape, so there are positives signs moving forward."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Danny-Simpson-happy-Leicester-City-s-Premier/story-27932788-detail/story.html#ixzz3noaXKwQt 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Danny Simpson happy still to be part of Leicester City's Premier League adventure

By Mercury_Sport  |  Posted: October 06, 2015

By Rob Tanner

11099743-large.jpg

Danny Simpson made his first Premier League appearance at Norwich since his assault conviction

• "It is all about playing football for me," he said.

"All the lads, the whole squad, have been top-class and there is a really great feeling about the place and the fans.

"This is a great time to be at Leicester and it is nice to still be part of it.

"I haven't played for a while and I am trying to get up to full fitness, but it was nice to be back involved – and to be part of a good away win.

"I seized up a little towards the end and had to come off but I have a couple of weeks now to recover and get back training ready for the next game."

Simpson said City had responded in the best way after their 5-2 defeat to Arsenal the previous week and, although the side still haven't managed to keep a clean sheet this season, Simpson said it was only a matter of time.

"We had to bounce back after the Arsenal defeat," he said.

"Everyone knows Arsenal were at their best last week but Norwich was a tough place to go and to get the three points is great. It wasn't pretty but we dug deep and battled away.

"The clean sheet is coming. There were signs against Norwich where not just the back five but the whole team were very organised.

"We got in good positions and shape, so there are positives signs moving forward."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Danny-Simpson-happy-Leicester-City-s-Premier/story-27932788-detail/story.html#ixzz3noaXKwQt 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

more than anything else his haircut pisses me off

Better defender than De Laet, but not as good or quick going forward, so depends what you prefer but both solid average Prem players. Could improve on but if honest would rather strengthen other areas further before splashing the case on a right back.

Better defender than De Laet, but not as good or quick going forward, so depends what you prefer but both solid average Prem players. Could improve on but if honest would rather strengthen other areas further before splashing the case on a right back.

Which areas?  RB sticks out as the position in most need of strengthening to me.

Archived