Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

Danny Simpson Guilty - Avoids Jail

It still astounds me that footballers don't realise that they are in the public eye and everything they do is scrutinised.

He hasn't done anything wrong as such, like Grealish, but it is just naivety bordering on stupidity.

It isn't that hard to stay out of the papers, a lot of players do.

If the media want to find something to run on you then they will do, yes a lot of players stay out the limelight but once you're in their clutches you're done for unless you stay in your house 24/7

• 3 weeks later...

How this guy has stepped up to the plate..

Solid performance tonight!

Not sure we need to find a replacement anymore?

I thought that myself actually. Yet another player that has come on leaps and bounds this season. Such a committed player. Made a few great blocks tonight. Deserves his place in the side, for sure.

His questionable personal life aside, it's clear he's massively improved into a very, very solid player and that should be lauded.

Personally I don't think I'll view the guy as a decent person for a bloody long time given what he did (and nor should anyone with at least half a conscience), but he is contributing positively to the club and everyone should get at least a stab at changing and rehabilitation.

Apart from their goal... lol I agree generally though he was brilliant last night but does have that tendency to allow crosses in to easily.

Haha he can do no wrong mate. He allegedly pings his missus and gets away with it. He's the reason behind our continued success. He can walk on water. POTY

Apart from their goal... lol I agree generally though he was brilliant last night but does have that tendency to allow crosses in to easily.

Yeah but you can't really do too much about that, you can't defend every single cross that comes in

Especially as he was only beaten that one time, all game

Brilliant performance

Don't know why he was given the job of marking Matic from set pieces though. Lost him every time. Strange tactic from our coaches.

Played well

Who else would have picked him up? I'm guessing we identified Costa ivanovic terry and zouma as there main threat from set pieces hence the reason our 4 big players were on them.... 1 downside to having a small pacey team I guess

Don't know why he was given the job of marking Matic from set pieces though. Lost him every time. Strange tactic from our coaches.

Played well

They had Terry, Zouma, Ivanovic, Costa and Matic who are all good targets. Huth, Wes, Fuchs, Leo...after that you're struggling. We're always going to look weak from set pieces with a keeper that's not 100% confident and a fairly short team by Prem standards.

• 2 months later...

Woman's charity criticises BBC as Leicester City's Danny Simpson is pundit on football TV show

By atroughton  |  Posted: March 09, 2016

13273476-large.jpg

Danny Simpson

•  

Polly Neate, chief executive of Women's Aid, said: "Perpetrators of domestic abuse need to know that their actions have consequences, regardless of their status.

"The BBC have minimised the serious abuse that Danny Simpson committed against his ex-partner and this is unacceptable.

"Women's Aid runs the Football United Against Domestic Violence campaign to use the power and platform of the football community to help us end domestic abuse.

"Cases like Danny Simpson show us why this campaign is so important."

The BBC defended the decision to invite Simpson onto the show which broadcast at 12.15pm on BBC Two.

A BBC spokesman said: "Danny Simpson is a Premier League footballer and has been invited on based on his footballing knowledge and experience."

Simpson has worked in an Age UK charity shop and as a bingo caller as part of his sentence.

He has appealed against his conviction for the December 2014 assault.

Leicester City Football Club declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Woman-s-charity-criticises-BBC-Leicester-City-s/story-28892340-detail/story.html#ixzz42QTlsNcg 

Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Archived