Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

Danny Simpson Guilty - Avoids Jail

Well done for you, the point is though that people do turn a blind eye depending on the player. People are willing to forgive if it's a 20 goals a season striker compared to a bit part reserve right back. Nobody said everyone acts or thinks like that, but it happens and that's what the point was.

I think we're all aware of that.

Whilst I do agree, the argument about money doesn't completely wash with me. I'm sure there's plenty of cash involved in selling her story and the civil damages that would ensue following the case. I would however imagine that the fact they have a child together has a great deal to do with it, well you'd hope so.

Yeah you'd hope so but I can't help but notice that the partners of J.Terry, C. Evans, A. Johnson and D. Simpson have a greater capacity for forgiveness than the partner of M. Oxlong :-)

Not quite. I was merely stating that perhaps he should be able to be forgiven in future, and to suggest that his act is unforgivable when I could list numerous sports stars who have done far worse and are still celebrated in their respective fields is a little rich. Of course being a veggie my opinion has to come back around to animals it seems :P, but having studied sexual offences, assault, battery etc in an uncomfortable amount of detail in both work and education, as well as debating the benefits and negatives of punishment in law, I find it a lot easier to isolate one incident from another and find it a little too difficult to simply suggest that anybody who commits certain crimes in certain circumstances can never be forgiven.

I actually think he should go down, and I would also not like to see him a Leicester shirt for numerous reasons, my point was merely that he probably does have a future in football, just preferably not with us.

Whilst I do agree, the argument about money doesn't completely wash with me. I'm sure there's plenty of cash involved in selling her story and the civil damages that would ensue following the case. I would however imagine that the fact they have a child together has a great deal to do with it, well you'd hope so.  

That's not a bad post.

Why would I block you, I don't have a clue who you are. Try going away and using some brain cells about the comments. If you seriously think there aren't fans out there who are willing to forgive incidents that involve good players then you lead a rather sheltered life. Or do you think Leicester fans are some kind of breed different to other fans who celebrate and sing the names of criminals week in week out at their clubs?

yes ur right we dont know each other. I see what u say on here thats all. Yes a v small minority may support a player who is more high profile for almost anything. Take sunderland and johnson. Yes unproven as yet, but am sure most are cringing at his inclusion. Instead of pointing out that a minority may react like that, you just wrote to insinuate that we as a whole would support. As for me living a sheltered life. Grow up. I am just not in favour of men abusing women. Full stop. Just imagine it was your daughter. Would u be making such twatish comments then. Obv if u are an example of foxestalk then we live in a weird world

If this was Vardy or a popular player you know damn well most people wouldn't be saying "sack him".

so it wasnt some or a minority was it.as u tried to claim later was ur point. This was ur ill informed view

Whether he goes or not, the problem with players who are guilty of a criminal act is that the clubs want/need money; success brings money; good top players (NOT Simpson) bring success. Ergo: no sacking. They are usually rapped on the knuckles and retained by the club or, if sacked, another club will be only too keen to sign them.

He's probably not worth the club keeping him as he's not that good.

If it had been Esteban and our success in the PL (and the riches that brings) was heavily dependent on him...???

There's a few players who play for top clubs who have criminal records from the likes of glen Johnson to the extreme of ched Evans.

Also away from football but in media people still have top jobs in the media. Just look at gino decampo for example. I no what he did wasn't as bad as strangling someone or beating them but he was still classes as a criminal and still went to prison but people seem to have forgotten that or didn't know at all as he is such a high profile celeb now.

Also no one on here really knows what happened. Look at the story of la manga a few years ago for Leicester. It's his word against hers.

I'm not saying I condone anything that is against the law as I no some people will just try and jump on a post like this. I'm just making a point and putting it out their to discuss.

I understand your point, but you said yourself that it's not 'exactly crime of the century' and that it 'will not end Simpson's career'. So why should it end his Leicester career? Or anyone else's? I'm not so sure drink-driving is a great deal better than having an explosive row and throttling someone. If he'd meant to kill her he'd be on an attempted murder charge, clearly.

We welcomed Collymore to the club after his exploits with Ulrika, is the Simpson case more serious because he got caught or because he's not as good as Collymore? Or should we never have gone near Stan, fired Morgan, disowned a whole load of other past club legends...? Where do we stop?

You say that a club should draw 'a line' with domestic abuse. What other lines should we draw? Do we, therefore, make a decision that fighting is more serious than driving under the influence? I'm not saying we shouldn't make a stand, I'm just pointing out that it's a very difficult stand to make. What about the countless unprovoked assaults, violent robberies, acts of vandalism that footballers have been found guilty of?

One interesting upshot of this is that we knew about the case while we were still playing Simpson. And some of those who supported him being in the side, and never once called for him to be dropped, will also have been slating Sunderland for playing Johnson. So that's another line we must have drawn, then - one which considers violence towards a woman to be far less serious than sex with a girl who is marginally under-age. It's a bit awkward, really.

Besides, many of our attitudes towards rape and wife-beating are based on outmoded Victorian perceptions of woman as fragile, pretty little things whom we need to protect from the perils of the world, instead of any genuine urge to fight for an end to their suppression and give them a equal role in society. The real problem has always been the suppression of women, be it by violence, sexual violence or whatever. If that's not what's happened in this case, then what we're really talking about is violence, the gender aspect is no longer relevant. In which case every footballer guilty of common assault should be sidelined for good. Gerard might get away with it on the grounds that his assault on the guy who wouldn't play Phil Collins wasn't actually an assault after all, but there'd be a whole load of others - big, big names included - who'd be banished forever.

tbh i thought u talked sense and i wanted to see reason with u on this, until u mentioned adam johnson and his slightly underage sex with a girl. He has been charged with grooming this girl, from whatever age. Thats grooming over a lengthy period of time. Wow. This forum.amazing

Yeah you'd hope so but I can't help but notice that the partners of J.Terry, C. Evans, A. Johnson and D. Simpson have a greater capacity for forgiveness than the partner of M. Oxlong :-)

I would be amazed if the partner of mr a johnson, should he be convicted would be forgiving given the nature of the offence.

Grooming, which as shown on undercover shows, is a mixture of emailing txting over an amount of time and meeting up with a child for sex. Do u not think by the specific charge plus ones of underage sex, it tells u something about him.

Instead of pointing out that a minority may react like that, you just wrote to insinuate that we as a whole would support.

No I didn't though did I. Did I say everyone? Did I say the whole of Leicester city? No I didn't.

Your reaction was utterly pathetic, to a point that in part you've actually agreed with.

By the way, I have notified the moderators of your abuse and you should make the most of your current posting abilities.

In his evidence, Simpson denied assaulting Ms Ward, and said the row started over old text messages and moved on to him buying her expensive shoes for Christmas.

"I didn't think she deserved she shoes," he told the court. "She was on the sofa and I was trying to get them off her."  

Lmfao

It's an opinion, it's no more informed than your own. Do you not understand that?

an opinion that negatively encompasses the majority of the forum uses. My opinion is the polar opposite. Do you understand that?

Im using my experiences of life and the law of probability within that experience to come to my conclusion. How about you? End of subject for me now.

I would be amazed if the partner of mr a johnson, should he be convicted would be forgiving given the nature of the offence.

Grooming, which as shown on undercover shows, is a mixture of emailing txting over an amount of time and meeting up with a child for sex. Do u not think by the specific charge plus ones of underage sex, it tells u something about him.

We shall have to see what he is found guilty of but I don't think he is denying shagging behind his partner's back; the same partner seen holding his hand as he arrived at court for his recent appearance.

No I didn't though did I. Did I say everyone? Did I say the whole of Leicester city? No I didn't.

Your reaction was utterly pathetic, to a point that in part you've actually agreed with.

By the way, I have notified the moderators of your abuse and you should make the most of your current posting abilities.

lol. Most equals majority. Like i said before. As if i care. If thex cant read and come to the conclusion as to my post re the reasonable thoughts of a majority as opposed to yours. Then ok. No worry. This was my point i made in the blocking situation. Also seen far moreoffensive posts and language.

an opinion that negatively encompasses the majority of the forum uses. My opinion is the polar opposite. Do you understand that?

Im using my experiences of life and the law of probability within that experience to come to my conclusion. How about you? End of subject for me now.

And? So you only want to hear positive opinions? This is the internet, you need to turn your computer off and lock yourself in your bedroom if you don't want to hear negative opinions.

Yes I'm using my life experience as well that fans of football clubs are fickle when it comes to their own players. Someone banging the ball in the net will be forgiven for some of the worst crimes. Hence thousands chanting the name and embracing killers like Lee Hughes at their clubs.

We shall have to see what he is found guilty of but I don't think he is denying shagging behind his partner's back; the same partner seen holding his hand as he arrived at court for his recent appearance.

i cant believe how users consistently forget or miss the point of the charge oe grooming put to him. Cheating on wife is one thing. Kiddy fiddling and grooming to do so is quite another. If he is innocent. So be it.

You said "whole", that is not most, that's not majority, that's everyone to the last man. That's not what I said.

numerous and many times i have said most and majority. Read back. Whole was used as a phrase meaning on the whole, as most people would see the point i made. You clearly said most, not of leicester.not of the 30000 fans that go to the match. Just a negative judgement of opinion of most of the people here..

Archived