Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

Danny Simpson Guilty - Avoids Jail

Can't players like Simpson, Hopper, Pearson and Smith be sent onto 'behavioural/educational' courses for sports professionals?

(If there's such a thing like one?)

Or sent on a tour to Iraq to play for Dynamo Sh**head. I'm sure they would make the starting 11.   

And for  what reasons, exactly do you put your hands round someones throat like that?

Makes my blood boil....

We need to be seen to be doing something Firstly the Thai Rim-gate scandal and now this...

All 4 need to be let go...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33154782

Danny Simpson to face Leicester hearing after assault sentence

Leicester City defender Danny Simpson will face an internal disciplinary hearing after being sentenced for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

The former Manchester United player was convicted in May and sentenced to 300 hours of community service on Monday.

Premier League club Leicester said they would decide whether to take any action themselves "in the coming days".

Simpson, 28, who had denied the charge, was arrested on 29 December after police were called to reports of a row.

At the trial, Manchester Magistrates Court heard Simpson was found with his "hands around the throat" of his ex-partner Stephanie Ward at a house in Worsley, Greater Manchester.

Ward, the mother of Simpson's child, gave an account to officers at the scene but later withdrew her statement and did not support the prosecution.

PC Gareth Hughes told the trial he arrived at the scene to hear "choking" and found Simpson "straddling" Ward with "his hands firmly placed around her neck".

Manchester District Judge Alexandra Simmons rejected Simpson's denial as "unworthy of belief".

Simpson's lawyer Gary Ryan has previously told BBC Sport of his intention to appeal against his conviction.

Biggest waste of money last season, wasn't too impressed when he was brought in - from QPR of all places too.

Leicester should rightfully discipline the geezer, hope they can fine him good, but would prefer dismissal from Leicester City.

Actually guilty of a crime while being a Leicester player is judicially worse than the three numpties in Thailand, so I hope they throw him out because I nor Pearson (presumably,) would want Simpson anywhere near the dressing room especially after his exclusion from the squad corresponded with a run of good fortune. 

Neither of the four could complain if they were on the free agent list by July.

If his missus wont testify, then what really happened will never come out. As the judge said you cannot jail someone on speculation. However, he was found guilty, based on the evidence presented, and therefore must surely be in breach of contract. I have never worked for a company that does not have a dismissal clause for criminal conviction.

He does come across from the reports as a nasty piece of work and I think he needs to make a fresh start elsewhere. Think he should resign to show some character.

To be fair I don't think it's worthy of a prison sentence.

Still, get rid.

The only reason why he stopped strangling her was because the police pulled him off.... Dread to think what would of happened if they hadnt of turned up....

More like screams of seeing her lavish lifestyle dissapear....

This seems to sum it up quite nicely

District Judge Alan Jones was told Ms Ward had abandoned plans to take out a restraining order against him, insisting it would be 'detrimental' and that she 'relies on the defendant's support'.

So can someone politely make this clear for me... Why are the club going to have a meeting with Simpson. I mean surely now the verdict has been made we would all move on? What is the most likely Verdict from this meeting?

Because it is rude to sack someone over the phone.

So he is getting the sack then, looks like a new right back will be needed.

I'm not any sort of ITK, just speculating, as someone wondered why they would want a meeting with him if they were going to sack him.

As with any profession certain protocol will need to be followed to fire someone/cancel their contract and as always with contentious decisions in football a non disclosure clause will be included to protect the club.

From a Leicester City point of view sacking him would be a good way of getting out of having to pay his wages when really i think its been proven that he isnt what we need to take the team to the next level...

I know its a bit of a cynical way of looking at it... But i do believe some clubs look at this kind of thing from a buisness point of view...

Archived