Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

Danny Simpson Guilty - Avoids Jail

As he was seen with both of his hands around her throat then he's very lucky that he isnt being charged with attempted murder.. the officers had to pull him off of her for goodness sake...

When was his last game for us? I wonder if that , coincidently, coincided with this case being brought to the attention of the managment....

He played quite a lot after I read about it. Story broke not long after it happened which was the Christmas period. I would imagine the club knew at least as early as I did...

Classic controlling/domestic violence behavoir.

Fall out over text messages

The violent act,

The injured party makes a statement which in the moment with stress & potential shock is most likely to be truthful

Statement is then withdrawn once he'd convinced her of x, y, z

Still trying to control her as he was lead out the dock, yelling for her to tell them what happened

Scum. He needs help and to hopefully be rehabilitated. There's no reason for our club to stand by him during that time and he could be dismissed

I may have missed it, so sorry if it is referenced elsewhere.

I assume that the charges were dropped over this and therefore he was innocent of any wrong doing.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/danny-simpson-assault-gbh-withington-7177220

I got really confused because I thought they were one and the same.

Club Statement:

LCFC has today (Friday) informed Danny Simpson that he will not be considered for 1st team duties while the Club examines the current legal proceedings against him.

Due to the ongoing nature of the legal process, the Club will be making no further comment on the matter.

--ENDS--

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/danny-simpsons-ex-girlfriend-defends-premier-5735115

The former girlfriend of Danny Simpson has launched a stunning defence of the Premier League footballer after he was found guilty of throttling her during a drunken tiff - saying "I am not a victim".

Steph told police she did not wish to make a complaint as Simpson didn't attack her but the evidence of officers and a 999 recording in which she can be heard screaming 'I'm not yours to touch' helped convict the former Manchester United player of common assault.

In a statement, Steph - who has a daughter with Simpson - said the Leicester City full-back was "a good person who I love and respect".

It read: "I am devastated by today's outcome for Danny, our family and our daughter Skye.

"I am not a victim at all. Danny is a kind, loving father and despite our ups and downs he is a good person who I love and respect.

"We did get into a heated argument. I asked Danny to leave but he wouldn't so I called police.

"When they arrived Danny was not on top of me and he definitely did not throttle me. I told police I would not make a statement as he is not violent.

"I later attended the police station of my own accord to ask for bail conditions to be dropped as Skye and I missed Danny terribly.

"I gave an interview saying he did not assault me. My statement was dismissed at court.

"This verdict will put more strain on our family. I now have no faith in our police or judicial system."

Must've been pretty bad at the time to feel the need to call the police at all.

I really don't think people should jump to conclusions on stuff like that. You only need to watch a few police programmes to see the stuff people do when drunk, calling to police to remove a partner / ex etc from your property seems more than common.

That's not condoning what he did, clearly he has a case to answer.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived