Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

The Championship - 2015/16 Stuff It In Here

On the subject of midtable mediocrity, Forest look nowhere near a promotion push. Matt Mills and Jamie Ward don't look inspiring signings, but Forest's restrictions to loan and free signings mean they're probably going to be about as good as it gets. This'll mean a pre-season with little progression to a side that already looks like midtable fodder. They probably won't get sucked into a relegation battle, there will be vastly weaker teams after all, but there will also be many more vastly stronger teams as well.

Can't disagree with any of that. :(

Fancy hull to do well, dependant on their squad and manager. I don't have think they've been that bad a side this season but missed chances, they should have goals in them in the championship.

Boro will be strong again if karanka can keep the side together.

I imagine dyche will have Burnley in and around the top.

Anyone's guess for the rest.

I think Boro should do well again but they need to replace Bamford's goals especially as they didnt score as many as the rest anyway.

Hull weren't really that bad this year, a few decent signings and clearing of the deadwood should mean they do alright. Not sure how committed the owner is anymore though.

Burnley will do alright if they spend a bit of money. Theyre not like most relegated teams that need to do a lot of cutting back and they have the money to spend a bit. A lot of the side are average Championship players so they have to replace Ings and get Vokes firing again

QPR will struggle, going to need to replace pretty much the whole side and sort their finances out, probably be similar to Fulham this year.

Wolves will be up there and I'm sure McCarthy will get Ipswich around there again. Derby need to sort defence out and either sign their loanees or replace them and there will probably be some interest in a few of their players but I expect them to challenge again. Brentford won't have Pritchard and could lose Jota,probs be midtable with all the upheval.

I expect Bristol City to do well and be up at the top of the league. They bossed L1 and have a bit of money so should do well. Preston will do alright too but not sure about MK Dons.

Fulham might do alright tho I'm not sure if Kit Symons is up to it but having had a year of experience all their youngsters and foreigners should have come on leaps and bounds. Birmingham will probably be held back by the ownership issues but another top half finish could be on the cards. Sheffield Wednesday now have a bit of money, they need to get some goals in their side. Not convinced Stuart Gray is the man to get them in the top 6 though. Blackburn and Forest will be hampered by their embargo so mid table mediocrity beckons. I think Cardiff will be similar. Charlton will do what Charlton normally do

Rotherham will struggle as will Huddersfield. Brighton need to do some serious business in the summer not to struggle and the same goes for Reading. Leeds will make 15th their own and Ive forgotten Bolton cos I doubt theyll have much of an impact at either end.

It does look a weaker league next year, finances are a problem for a lot of the recent Premier League teams. I'm glad we're not back in this division and we got out when we did

As long as Hull keep the main part of their squad and Bruce, which they should be able to then I can see them returning swiftly to the prem.

Think Burnley will finish below the play offs somewhere. Not sure Dyche is good enough in the market to find adequate replacements for Ings, Trippier and whoever might leave.

Fancy QPR to be battling relegation. Need a complete squad change whilst being tied down finacially, can't see it being good for them. Looks like they have a bit of a dud of a manager as well seeing as he's been playing Karl Henry on the left for half his tenure.

I'M currently at uni in Bristol and have watched a large portion of City's home games this season. I've only seen them lose twice all season, against Preston 0-1 where Preston parked the bus perfectly, and the FA cup tie vs West Ham, in which they gave a good account of themselves but were outclassed.  In all the other games they have been the dominant team, barely conceding any goals and often winning by at least a 2 goal margin. Also showed plenty of fight: Their game against Chesterfield was the most exciting game of football I watched all season which culminated in a last minute winner to win it 3-2.

They play a 5 at the back system which works very effectively for them. A large portion of their goals are as a result of quality wing back play. They play 3 in the midfield and 2 strikers up top to round it off. 

Normal starting 11 (during their huge unbeaten run): 

Frank Fielding - Decent keeper 

Derrick Williams - very impressed when watching him, very good on the ball and often takes the ball upfield. Solid in the air and sound defensively.

Aden Flint - Huge towering centre back, not a ball player :P, scored soooo many goals from set pieces, big aerial threat. Can be suspect as is slow and lumbering.

Luke Ayling - Naturally a full back but has adapted well. Often roams freely up the pitch down the right flank. Good dribbler and solid defender.

Joe Bryan - A potential future star. Very quick left wing back, good crosser, provided tons of assists and chips in with the odd goal. Great work ethic and tracks back well. Surprisingly amazing in the air considering his height.

Mark Little - Right wing back, solid at the back, like to run very directly at opposition, suspect ball control and delivery but has been effective.

Korey Smith - He here, he's there, he's every****in'where                     nuff said 

Wade Elliott (Although being pushed out of the team at the end of the season) - Experienced, good passer and workhorse, bit old and has a mistake in him.

Luke Freeman - Attacking midfielder, excellent dribbler, great vision. Orchestrates much of their attacking play. Seems to be able to get out of any tight spot. Quality player.

Kieran Agard - Quick striker, never did much at the games i went to but seemed to pop up with the odd goal. Still scored a lot over the season. 

Aaron Wilbraham - Target man, top scorer. Very useful at this level, doubt he'll be useful next year.

The loan signing of Matt Smith and his partnership with JET was very effective and lucky as both Wilbur and Agard were simultaneously injured in the middle of the season. 

Other players such as George Savile, James Tavernier and Marlon Pack have proved useful as backups, although the first 2 were starting games later in the season.

Next season is an interesting conundrum. I think they need to sign a good championship striker or 2 to have any chance of being successful. Possibly get Matt Smith in again. But their defence could be the main problem. Im unsure if it could withstand an attack from, lets say, Murphy, Sears and McGoldrick when playing Ipswich. 

But I am confident that they can make the step up and finish in a solid mid table position, I'm going to say....11th. I wish them all the best and hope they batter both Derby and Forest for us. Drink Up Ye Cider!!!!!!!   :beer:

Ps. their fans have a great songbook, most of them featuring a hatred of Bristol Rovers or cider which is fun  :D

:vardy:

Wolves to win it for me.

:thumbs:

I really fancy us next year. We only had Afobe for half a season yet still got 78 points which is easily good enough for the playoffs every other season but last. With his extra goals we should be competing for top two. Rumours we are in for Dwight Gayle too.

Just got to replace Sako properly at LM really.

:thumbs:

I really fancy us next year. We only had Afobe for half a season yet still got 78 points which is easily good enough for the playoffs every other season but last. With his extra goals we should be competing for top two. Rumours we are in for Dwight Gayle too.

Just got to replace Sako properly at LM really.

I heard there's a decent left midfielder knocking about.

:knockyhat:

Think Hull will storm the league next season. Fancy Burnley, Boro, Wolves, Brentford and Derby to challenge for the other 5 places at the top

Middlesbrough for me. Karanca knows whats up.

Fancy QPR to do a Fulham and finish not too far above the bottom 3

This, and I'd not be surprised if they still went and spent some money along the way. I read earlier they're going for Emannuel-Thomas? How can they even do it?

Surprised no ones tipped Ipswich! Big Mick is close to nailing it there and could push for top 2 this year i think.

Fancy them to repeat what they did this year which is a big enough ask anyway I think. It's amazing that they got into the play-offs with that squad.

Fancy them to repeat what they did this year which is a big enough ask anyway I think. It's amazing that they got into the play-offs with that squad.

Big Mick knows his championship onions. Its only matter of time before he gets the formula right and goes up! I think we showed when we went up, you don't always need the best players, but the right balance, spirit and attitude can go along way with just a little bit of class.

Look at Bournemouth, who would have said they would win the league last year? For me, with the exception of Middlesbrough (who have to replace Bamford) Ipswich are closest to building a table topping team.

Big Mick knows his championship onions. Its only matter of time before he gets the formula right and goes up! I think we showed when we went up, you don't always need the best players, but the right balance, spirit and attitude can go along way with just a little bit of class.

Look at Bournemouth, who would have said they would win the league last year? For me, with the exception of Middlesbrough (who have to replace Bamford) Ipswich are closest to building a table topping team.

I get what you're saying but I still think we always had better players than this current Ipswich squad. It'd be a monumental effort for them to finish in the top two. Play-offs again for me.

I think Burnley will be around the top six but it's a fair point from whoever said Dyche's recruitment is sketchy at best. Eddie Howe brought in most of Burnley's best players.

Archived