Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

The Championship - 2015/16 Stuff It In Here

Guest ttfn

As I said elsewhere I can't ever remember the league looking this weak.

Of the top 8 sides from this year, 3 have gone up, 2 have changed managers, one will have to recover from play off final heartbreak and the other 2 were probably the weakest sides of that lot.

Add to that QPR being hopeless and needing to start again, Burnley being likely to start next season without Ings and Trippier and Hull being a total mystery and it really is anybody's.

Mid-table but recently Premier league sides like Fulham, Reading and Cardiff look too weak to mount a proper push for promotion. Forest are surely too erratic to be looking at anything other than an outside shot at the playoffs and

I can see all 3 promoted sides staying up comfortably - they all smashed League 1 last year.

I'd expect the top 2 to be 2 of Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Hull. Just think Blackburn have the firepower (at the moment) to get them out of there.

Rowett to do a bang up job and have Birmingham in and around the play offs.

I'd agree with that.

Maybe Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn as well if the former find a goalscorer and Rovers keeps theirs.

You'd expect Boro and probably Wolves to be up the top again and Ipswich.

Brum's problem may well still be the owner situation. The club is in the process of being sold to some faceless Chinese company. A lot of Blues fans saying they need some creativity in their team as goals are hardly regular.

Birmingham will be a much better team next season, Rowett managed to turn them round by playing some fast attacking football. I'd tip them for play off contenders. 

Bristol City i think will have a good year, stormed league one last season and I think that will continue on into next season. Another team I'd say possible play off contenders.

Derby of course just sacked McClaren, was that the best decision? I think he did good job in pushing them further up the table, maybe not guiding them to promotion but becoming a regular top 8 side, prior to that there was nothing special about them. I'd tip Paul Lambert to go in there and I can see him doing well there.

Birmingham will be a much better team next season, Rowett managed to turn them round by playing some fast attacking football. I'd tip them for play off contenders.

Attacking? No not at all. Rowett has made more Brum more structured and organised. They lack attacking threat. This is coming from someone who works with Birmingham fans.

Guest seanfox778

If Blackburn keep hold of their players and sort their defence out I can see them making a strong push, expect Middlesbrough and someone promoted from League 1 to have a good year, one usually does.

Blackburn are due a good season and Reading if they can keep consistent good performances. Too erratic last season.

Bruce knows this division so would expect Hull to give it a good go. The rest seem pretty average, but there's always a surprise package, maybe the owls.

Middlesbrough and Hull will be the teams to beat. Hull will get rid of a lot of dead wood and know their way around this division, while Middlesbrough could very easily have been automatically promoted at times this season. They demolished Brentford in the semi and looked impressive.

Burnley strike me as a one hit wonder, the likely loss of Trippier, Ings and others is set to hit them hard. QPR are a car crash filled with ageing mercenaries, facing an eyewatering fine and an inexperienced coach. A long hard season beckons for them. 

As for our former rivals, Forest and Derby look to be going in different directions. Derby will surely come good if they find the right replacement for McClaren and stop bottling it towards the end of the season. These are big ifs though, and they could just as easily be forced to settle for mid-table mediocrity.

On the subject of midtable mediocrity, Forest look nowhere near a promotion push. Matt Mills and Jamie Ward don't look inspiring signings, but Forest's restrictions to loan and free signings mean they're probably going to be about as good as it gets. This'll mean a pre-season with little progression to a side that already looks like midtable fodder. They probably won't get sucked into a relegation battle, there will be vastly weaker teams after all, but there will also be many more vastly stronger teams as well.

Fancy QPR to do a Fulham and finish not too far above the bottom 3

The floor's the limit for them. They look very ill-equipped and were extremely lucky to go up the season we did, they were bobbins apart from Charlie Austin.

Archived