Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

I do want to see Pearson back in football tbf. Would be a good move but can see them going for a big name this time.

If they can lure Rodgers or Moyes than fair play to them of course they would be better appointments than Pearson, however are the ready to scruff around in a relegation battle, yes they've both managed Swansea and Everton respectively who weren't exactly in relegation battles but were 'down there' at times but times have changed.

So with that in mind think Pearson would be a better appointment. I just hope he realises the mess they're in and doesn't touch the job with a bargepole. I honestly think he'd be better waiting for a decent Championship club with prospects where he can build a club up like he did here at Leicester.

Pearson would do a good job at Villa but i fear he would come in for Shakespeare and Walsh .

Most assistants go when the managers goes, and if they don't they don't stay around long when the new boss comes in. I think it speaks volumes of their connection to the club that they are still here, also shows how much the club values them. Maybe they wouldn't go.

The early bookies list;

Predrag Radosavljević (Preki) - 2/5 (Not really, but wouldn't it be glorious if it was!)

David Moyes - 4/6

Nigel Pearson - 3/1

Brendan Rodgers - 5/1

Bob Bradley - 6/1 (Why is his name being linked with every job going atm?)

Sean Dyche - 16/1

Mark Warburton - 16/1

Roy Keane - 20/1

Now I'm not sure who will be relegated, and I'm worried.

I think Norwich, Bournemouth and ???

Villa had a shit team and a shit manager, they've still got the shit team. It'll take more then Moyes, Rodgers or Pearson to keep them up, they'll be going down.

I think we'll be fine. Obviously we can't carry on the way we have but don't expect us to be anywhere near a relegation battle this season

I think so as well, but doesn't stop me praying that teams at the bottom don't pick up any points. 

I remember those early games of Sherwood's reign where the camera was on him more than the players, the midas touch, the golden one, Mr motivator etc.

Headline writers praying he'll end up in Nottingham "Sherwood's Forest lose again".

Just hope that if it is to be Pearson and they improve by January there will be no bids for the players he knows so well. Right now with the way the clubs are run we are in the better position but don't underestimate the special relationships that could exist. We're in a position to say no to bids but they can unsettle things and at the moment our spirit and confidence seems sky high.

Yedlin looks a player. He has an engine, his positional sense is pretty good and can actually pass a ball. Haven't seen enough yet to rate his defending but looks good going forward and has a lengthy throw on him (not as long as Fuchs mind but many will struggle to get that much distance). We all know about his lightning speed; may even be able to give our Jamie a run for his money (pun intended). Only 22 and is getting the valuable match experience he needs to develop. He could be the long term solution to improving the right back position. The question remains though, whether Spurs would be willing to sell? Anyone else feel he could do a job and be a realistic target for us?

Archived