Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Facecloth, you make a fair point that your own point of view is the media hype being the thing you hate.

That is not true of others who have just branded him a shit footballer. The media has barely been mentionned except for maybe one poster.

But the likes of @@ScouseFox and @@Unabomber wouldn't be saying these things if the media hadn't over hyped the lad. If they'd just let him score a few and grow as a player without behaving like we'd unearthed the spawn of an experiment of splicing the DNA of Messi, Ronaldo, Cruyff, Pele and Maradona then I don't think people would half as critical. If you're constantly told something very average is amazing I think it human nature to over compensate and overly criticise that thing.

But the likes of @@ScouseFox and @@Unabomber wouldn't be saying these things if the media hadn't over hyped the lad. If they'd just let him score a few and grow as a player without behaving like we'd unearthed the spawn of an experiment of splicing the DNA of Messi, Ronaldo, Cruyff, Pele and Maradona then I don't think people would half as critical. If you're constantly told something very average is amazing I think it human nature to over compensate and overly criticise that thing.

Dear me, why does everything have to be reduced to such wild hyperboles.

Maybe hes received that much building up in your head, but can you type that with a straight face?

Hes a good young player whos scoring for club and country. He rightly deserves praise.

Really like Matt Ritchie, rate him a lot and when he came to the King Power two seasons ago he scored a great goal if I recall correctly, and he just looks a very good player.

That was Marc Pugh, but Ritchie is indeed decent.

Maybe hes received that much building up in your head, but can you type that with a straight face?

Hes a good young player whos scoring for club and country. He rightly deserves praise.

No he really has been receiving ridiculous praise. Talk of moves to Real Madrid and Man Utd. £100m transfer fees. Commentators going crazy every time he touches the ball, and sometimes when he doesn't. Praise for just doing basic things. Ignoring when he messes up, but then immediately criticising the next player who makes a similar error, like they did when they played Liverpool recently and were laying into Alli for having a shot blocked just after Kane. I've seen all this over the last few months since he went on his scoring spree and quite frankly it's pathetic.

Did you miss the £100m tag pundits started putting on him, or the weird adulation he was getting for nothing - e.g. the second vs Lithuania, everyone desperate to award him the goal when it hit the post and was an obvious own goal, along with getting the Huth own goal at white hart lane despite it never being close to his goal. The media have been further up his arse than they were for Nile Rangers when we played Newcastle in the championship. 

He's got his first legit hattrick today and fair enough, but he's still another Michael Ricketts that people are talking about as if he were Pele.

Table looks quite exciting atm.

But, it's still strange in a club like West Brom being higher than Everton, Chelsea and Stoke - 3 clubs that are under-performing imo.

Certain it will all change again.

This from the Guardian write up of Bournemouth v Spurs:

"In the end, and as cruel as it was, the most brutally accurate assessment of this game was inadvertently broadcast over the public address system about a minute from time. “It’s ****ing unbelievable,” offered a stadium announcer, unaware his comments were booming around the arena. “Men against boys.”"

Genuinely don't think Toure has broken into a jog once in this game

He has skills but must be the laziest player in football. bin him.

Makes me laugh to see the defence of Kane. He had only scored 1 goal before today in the league. Yes he socred a hat-trick against a team who are so injured they should be put down. Scoring against them is like scoring against Estonia or San Marino and we know Kane does that well. 

Archived