Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Guest MattP

Surely he means throttling opposition players, telling fans to F off and die, calling journos after large flightless birds, and defending his racist prozzie banging son makes him unpredictable, rather than results on the pitch.

Couldn't really care less about all the other stuff but what evidence do you have that James Pearson is racist?

I think he's going to be a great signing for City.

Don't mean I like him or that he wasn't ridiculously expensive.

I agree col like I said when he moved and like samilktray has also said he will be one of the best in the world.

Bad refereeing & bad luck ... How come those two things don't affect the top clubs ?

They are excuses for poor performances thats all. Luck and refereeing even out over the course of a season.

We are putting Pearson on a pedestal he really doesn't deserve

Pedestal he doesn't deserve? Four top six finishes, two promotions as clear champions, one with over 100 points and our record wins in a season and 14th place in our first season back in the Premier League for 10 years puts him as one of our best manager, probably third of all time and best since the turn of the century, and he doesn't deserve to be put on a pedestal?

He wasn't unpredictable at all, every season he had here he improved us and our league position, he was as predictable as you can get.

He wasn't terrible at all over the whole season either, you clearly weren't watching us around christmas if you think that, we argubly played better football around that period (Spurs home, Liverpool away the two that stick out) than at the end of the season, we just didn't get results due to horrendous referring and some awful luck.

Interesting you pick out our 13th consecutive match without a win, a run which saw us pick up 2 points, the Spurs game, when he was banned from the touchline, we also gave away 2 very very soft goals, which suggests a lack of organisation.

I've been one of Pearson's biggest supporters while he was our manager, and defended him numerous times over the last 3 1/2 years, but if you think last season can be described as predictable, then you are having a laugh. Unprecedented runs of good and bad form do not make a predictable, season. I am pretty sure you also know I was referring to his outbursts and clashes with fans and press and players. I am also referring to the bizarre formations we played, Swansea away being the lowlight, and his baffling substitutions at times. His refusal to play players like Albrighton and persisting with Konchesky and Simpson when it was clear they were not good enough. That run of form was terrible and Pearson was largely responsible for that, we had players good enough to beat United, Spurs, Swansea, Southampton, Newcastle, etc but somehow he couldn't get them to take more than 2 points in 13 games. That is terrible even if the football played wasn't.

I like Pearson, but you have to admit he must be an absolute nightmare to have working for you, and most fans of other clubs see that, which goes back to my point that we are not a laughingstock because we have sacked an unpredictable/volatile manager with tendencies to oversee dramatic losses of form, whilst also inspiring amazing feats, for an experienced, steady, media friendly manager with a very impressive CV. If people really can't see that there are good reasons why the owners sacked Pearson, on and off the pitch, then they need to take off their blinkers.

Couldn't really care less about all the other stuff but what evidence do you have that James Pearson is racist?

Laughing at his mate racially abusing someone, guilty by association. As a football manager Nige was top draw for us, but he let himself down in his conduct one time too many for the board it would seem.

Well his son wasn't racist as it was Hopper who used the term and it wasn't exactly a throttle as MacArthur said it was a clearly a joke, but don't let facts get in the way hey?

If you're really bothered about what the media thinks, maybe football isn't for you, in fact 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' seems a great fit for you.

Yeah ok, fed up of us being in the press for the wrong reasons makes me a Kardashians fan.

No one can deny Pearson got results, but there's also no denying he's a bit of a ****.

Yeah ok, fed up of us being in the press for the wrong reasons makes me a Kardashians fan.

No one can deny Pearson got results, but there's also no denying he's a bit of a ****.

We'd be in the press for a couple of days and it was done. The only thing that hung around was the Thailand scandal and funnily enough he can't control what his players do 24/7.

You call him a ****, have you ever met him? That Ian bloke who he called an ostrich came out when he was sacked and said he shouldn't of been sacked and that he was a decent bloke out of media scrutiny, it was evidently clear players like Vardy saw him as a father like figure who encouraged him to carry on when everyone, likely including you and me, thought he was out of his depth. Henry Winter, who interviewed him properly and didn't ask him stupid headline hunting questions often found him to be a totally different character when in private or on he training ground, and we all saw how respectful he was with our players, opposition players and other managers in the tunnel cam. The Sky cameras showed him having a chat with Mourinho before the Chelsea game at home. This isn't a mark of a man who's a ****, it's a man who's obviously a very nurturing and interesting guy, who's willing to talk in a civil manner to journos who are interested in his philosophy and football rather than snatching a couple of quick headlines for the Sun in the pre-match conference.

We'd be in the press for a couple of days and it was done. The only thing that hung around was the Thailand scandal and funnily enough he can't control what his players do 24/7.

You call him a ****, have you ever met him? That Ian bloke who he called an ostrich came out when he was sacked and said he shouldn't of been sacked and that he was a decent bloke out of media scrutiny, it was evidently clear players like Vardy saw him as a father like figure who encouraged him to carry on when everyone, likely including you and me, thought he was out of his depth. Henry Winter, who interviewed him properly and didn't ask him stupid headline hunting questions often found him to be a totally different character when in private or on he training ground, and we all saw how respectful he was with our players, opposition players and other managers in the tunnel cam. The Sky cameras showed him having a chat with Mourinho before the Chelsea game at home. This isn't a mark of a man who's a ****, it's a man who's obviously a very nurturing and interesting guy, who's willing to talk in a civil manner to journos who are interested in his philosophy and football rather than snatching a couple of quick headlines for the Sun in the pre-match conference.

Maybe I worded it wrong, rather than he is a bit of a **** I should've said prone to being one at times, I personally would've liked him to stay, but I can also understand why the owners felt the need to make a change. I just hope CR doesn't end up like Sven all over again.

This is absolutely spot on! Doesn't suffer idiots at all

Guest MattP

Interesting you pick out our 13th consecutive match without a win, a run which saw us pick up 2 points, the Spurs game, when he was banned from the touchline, we also gave away 2 very very soft goals, which suggests a lack of organisation.

I've been one of Pearson's biggest supporters while he was our manager, and defended him numerous times over the last 3 1/2 years, but if you think last season can be described as predictable, then you are having a laugh. Unprecedented runs of good and bad form do not make a predictable, season. I am pretty sure you also know I was referring to his outbursts and clashes with fans and press and players. I am also referring to the bizarre formations we played, Swansea away being the lowlight, and his baffling substitutions at times. His refusal to play players like Albrighton and persisting with Konchesky and Simpson when it was clear they were not good enough. That run of form was terrible and Pearson was largely responsible for that, we had players good enough to beat United, Spurs, Swansea, Southampton, Newcastle, etc but somehow he couldn't get them to take more than 2 points in 13 games. That is terrible even if the football played wasn't.

I like Pearson, but you have to admit he must be an absolute nightmare to have working for you, and most fans of other clubs see that, which goes back to my point that we are not a laughingstock because we have sacked an unpredictable/volatile manager with tendencies to oversee dramatic losses of form, whilst also inspiring amazing feats, for an experienced, steady, media friendly manager with a very impressive CV. If people really can't see that there are good reasons why the owners sacked Pearson, on and off the pitch, then they need to take off their blinkers.

Wasn't convient at all, I was quite simply responding to your comment that he was awful apart from the start and the end of the season, which is something you could only say if you were looking at a fixture list and hadn't actually bothered to watch the games, for what it's worth I thought we were awful from Palace away up until December, I thought the last six months we actually performed very well, we just didn't seem to get results until the last couple due to the period between Jan and March containing mostly very tough fixtures (and then the winnable ones we lose ie Palace at home we still dominated). He eventually found a formation that worked as well that meant we didn't have to play those weaker players you mention.

And as per usual after trying different things out over a season he learnt from it, got it right and started to produce results. Is he a nightmare to have working for me? I have no idea, I personally would be backing my manager to the hilt if he produced the results that Nigel did in his time here. Ferguson and Jose are also an absolutely nightmare in that respect but their boards seem to back them, Fergie went to war with the BBC and Mourinho openly accused the FA of conspiring against his football club.

It's others who need to take off the blinkers if they believe there are any footballing reasons to sack him, we're Leicester City and we are currently top of the Premier League form table lol

Laughing at his mate racially abusing someone, guilty by association. As a football manager Nige was top draw for us, but he let himself down in his conduct one time too many for the board it would seem.

Did that actually happen? When I watched the video I don't remember any laughing

Bad refereeing & bad luck ... How come those two things don't affect the top clubs ?

They are excuses for poor performances thats all. Luck and refereeing even out over the course of a season.

Total myth. Watched our season review last night. Anyone who thinks we didn't get a rough ride from referees last season is kidding themselves. There's nothing wrong with pointing out what's going on in front of your own eyes.

Doesn't happen to the top clubs as much because it's easier to give them the benefit of the doubt. Could you imagine if Man City had had three legitimate penalty calls turned down at home to us like we did in that game? You'd never hear the end of it. It's backwards and pathetic.

Cracking post. Would also like to chuck in the McArthur incident. It was weird, I will concede that much, but people still dig it up despite McArthur, someone who you'd imagine would relish the chance to get one back on us, actually came out and played it down.

The 'fan' incident was a bit embarrassing but I don't think you'll find any managers holding it against him for it. I use the term 'fan' very loosely as well.

Wasn't convient at all, I was quite simply responding to your comment that he was awful apart from the start and the end of the season, which is something you could only say if you were looking at a fixture list and hadn't actually bothered to watch the games, for what it's worth I thought we were awful from Palace away up until December, I thought the last six months we actually performed very well, we just didn't seem to get results until the last couple due to the period between Jan and March containing mostly very tough fixtures (and then the winnable ones we lose ie Palace at home we still dominated). He eventually found a formation that worked as well that meant we didn't have to play those weaker players you mention.

And as per usual after trying different things out over a season he learnt from it, got it right and started to produce results. Is he a nightmare to have working for me? I have no idea, I personally would be backing my manager to the hilt if he produced the results that Nigel did in his time here. Ferguson and Jose are also an absolutely nightmare in that respect but their boards seem to back them, Fergie went to war with the BBC and Mourinho openly accused the FA of conspiring against his football club.

It's others who need to take off the blinkers if they believe there are any footballing reasons to sack him, we're Leicester City and we are currently top of the Premier League form table lol

Did that actually happen? When I watched the video I don't remember any laughing

From the Man United game to the spurs game we were just nothing, Liverpool at home was probably the best performance in all of that, Even after Spurs and our mini recovery, we weren't great against Hull and Villa, they were just absolutely shite. You are right Palace we should have won the game, but we didn't dominate at home against Stoke, we limply surrendered the FA Cup to Villa. Then there was his insistence on playing Kramaric up front on his own.

I didn't lose faith in that time, and I did see lots of positives, but also lots of missed opportunities.

Anyway this isn't the thread for this, I'll just sign off with I'm disappointed that Pearson was sacked, but I don't just blame the owners, Pearson may not have made his job completely untenable with his outbursts, but he certainly made it a lot harder for the owners to support him, and once the relationship went they felt they had to do something.

Liverpool at home was an awful performance. Some of the worst defending we've produced under Pearson. Liverpool were nothing special either. That was a terrible result in hindsight.

I agree that we were crap in that period. I wouldn't say the performances merited two points from thirteen games but the inefficiency in front of both goals was what nearly sent us down. Too prone to mistakes in defence and too prone to missing glorious chances.

I don't blame referees for all of it. Some of Pearson's tactics, substitutions and exclusions were baffling. You'd be kidding yourself if you said they didn't play their part though. How on earth we didn't have a penalty for about twenty games after at least six 75/25 shouts I have no idea. That one away at Spurs actually winds me up more than the one at Liverpool.

When any City fan can say this after last season you know supporters are losing it.

It's a bullshit cliche that only people who can't think for themselves say, decisions very rarely even themselves out over a season.

When any City fan can say this after last season you know supporters are losing it.

It's a bullshit cliche that only people who can't think for themselves say, decisions very rarely even themselves out over a season.

You mean last season where we went on a brilliant run that in part was helped by massive pieces of luck and ended up finishing 14th?

You mean last season where we went on a brilliant run that in part was helped by massive pieces of luck and ended up finishing 14th?

What was the luck? I think I remember one shit refs decisions and not much else.

Was it?

Burnley away we certainly had some luck. Apart from that I can barely remember any.

I remember us being denied a clear pen at West Brom near the end at 2-2 (something we would be going mental about had Vardy not scored)

Southampton we put away early

Swansea we put away and were robbed of a blatent pen at 1-0.

West Ham can't remember much.

QPR was a walkover

Sunderland away nothing much.

Chelsea we lost two players with 15 minutes, as unlucky as you can get.

End of season seemed pretty much standard as the season was, we just somehow managed to grab the results.

Was it?

Burnley away we certainly had some luck. Apart from that I can barely remember any.

I remember us being denied a clear pen at West Brom near the end at 2-2 (something we would be going mental about had Vardy not scored)

Southampton we put away early

Swansea we put away and were robbed of a blatent pen at 1-0.

West Ham can't remember much.

QPR was a walkover

Sunderland away nothing much.

Chelsea we lost two players with 15 minutes, as unlucky as you can get.

End of season seemed pretty much standard as the season was, we just somehow managed to grab the results.

You missed Newcaslte, who didn't bother turning up and was a simple 3-0 win.

Two bits of luck stand out to me.

Swansea - Nelson Oliveira stays on his feet after a Huth challenge that in my opinion was a foul in the box. He goes down, and he probably gets the penalty. We also had one turned down in that game, a pretty soft one, but no softer than the one Spurs got against us.

Burnley - Matty Taylor misses penalty. Our goal arguably lucky but it was a fantastic and testing ball in that deserved a goal.

Not even comparable to the amount of crap we had go against us last season.

Newcastle desperately need to strengthen at the back. They needed more options up front too and Mitrovic should help in that, and you can't complain at bringing in extra quality in midfield, even though it wasn't a priority, but now they really need to concentrate on sorting out the shambles at the back.

Archived