Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Say what you want about Watford and their recruitment, theyll still struggle to make the cut

Sounds like our new players could be good or very good but they will need to settle in quickly - certainly not lacking the ambition to spend money but will it work!?

I'm pretty sure our scouting network is the most overrated piece of our over inflated opinions on the current state of the club.

Looking at other clubs signings this summer and even (Watford) it's clear our player recruiting policy is utter dogs piss.

Helps when you have another club to do all the scouting for you.

Watford already looking favourites for a disjointed season ultimately ending in relegation, whereas Villa have been shorn of their key players and it remains to be seen if tactics Tim will be able to replace them adequately enough to improve on a dismal 17th place.  

That's two teams already looking like relegation certs.  To outsiders we probably fit the bill for that 3rd spot before a ball's been kicked what with Nigel & Cambiasso out the door; realistically though I'd be surprised if we don't finish above at least one of B'mouth, S'land, Norwich, and West Brom.  

Still plenty of time for signings to change that outlook, but this is where I stand at the time of writing.

I'm pretty sure our scouting network is the most overrated piece of our over inflated opinions on the current state of the club.

Looking at other clubs signings this summer and even (Watford) it's clear our player recruiting policy is utter dogs piss.

Scouting and recruiting are completely different things. Just because Watford have signed a billion players doesn't mean their scouting is better than ours. And signing numerous players isn't proof you're better at recruiting anyway, and it's not always the best policy. Look at QPR last year, signing any player they could. Or Palace when they first came up, Holloway signed about 15 players and only used a couple of them and it took Pulis and some wheeling and dealing in the January to sort it.

Basically you're talking out your arse.

Watford already looking favourites for a disjointed season ultimately ending in relegation, whereas Villa have been shorn of their key players and it remains to be seen if tactics Tim will be able to replace them adequately enough to improve on a dismal 17th place.  

That's two teams already looking like relegation certs.  To outsiders we probably fit the bill for that 3rd spot before a ball's been kicked what with Nigel & Cambiasso out the door; realistically though I'd be surprised if we don't finish above at least one of B'mouth, S'land, Norwich, and West Brom.  

Still plenty of time for signings to change that outlook, but this is where I stand at the time of writing.

if bournemouth stay up ill eat my own legs. 

Archived