Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/17/tottenham-premier-league-richard-scudamore-wembley

“They’d have to play in the same stadium for the entire year,” he said. “For the integrity of the competition. You can’t have 19 home games with 10 at Milton Keynes and nine at Wembley – completely, completely unfair. That won’t be allowed in our competition.”

You were quite happy to suggest distorting the competition with a 39th game or taking a regular season match away from the club's home ground for at least 10 teams.

Twat.

Guest seanfox778

Man City to sign Patrick Roberts from Fulham for a deal worth up to £11million

Wow, I've genuinely not even heard of him.

There was a clause (pretty low one I must admit) in Delph's contract...

Talking to my Villa fan mate, Delph's contract was due to expire this summer so he signed a new one in January. Obviously he could have left on a free if he didn't sign a new one so they had a low buy out clause to guarantee Villa would get something for him, but if anyone did come in for him he could leave if he wanted.

He is naturally pissed off with the whole thing, the January contract signing was like a big unveiling and his pledge of loyalty was just stupid. If he had just signed the contract in January without fanfare and then left for 8 million instead of on a free he would have no issue.

Just noticed that on the opening weekend there is only four 3pm kick offs in the premiership.

First day of the season should be like the last day of the season all games played at the same time.

On a Sunday?

Aston Villa are quick to re-invest the money garnered from the Benteke and Delph deal.

French left-back Jordan Amavi joins from Nice on a five-year deal:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33582808

This dismissal of Villa's chances this season has been very hasty.

They've now got plenty to spend (if they spend it), so will strengthen their squad.

They've now got plenty to spend (if they spend it), so will strengthen their squad.

The problem is Col that they are losing a striker and an international midfielder.

The money for Delph wont cover buying a Delph, heck it doesn't cover buying a Fulham winger. The money for Benteke is 'big' but Villa were amongst the lowest scorers in the league over the last few seasons, 39 in and 31 over the last two seasons. Take Benteke's goals out and that is a huge problem for Villa, they'd have scored just 18 goals last season without Benteke. They need at least 2 strikers from that £32 million.

They'll only be a force to be reckoned with if they invest wisely (aka truly strengthening the squad in depth).

Also depends on how much of that money earned will be hold back for dealings on the transfer market - I suppose Lerner might want to cash in to a certain extent, too.

But we won't really be able to judge their dealings up until late next season, anyway. Some of their new additions might have an immediate impact, others not.

We out of all fans should know that it's not over until the very last day of the season.

Just noticed that on the opening weekend there is only four 3pm kick offs in the premiership.

First day of the season should be like the last day of the season all games played at the same time.

Nah I'd rather watch a game in the pub pre/post match.

If Sherwood's got anything about him he could have Villa in midtable with that kind of money. There IS talent out there on the cheap. That Amavi signing looks very positive to me and fair play to them for it. Could see them finishing about 11th despite the loss of Benteke if that's their type of target.

The Roberts fee is being reported as £2m with add-ons taking it to £8m. From what I've read and seen of him that seems like not too shabby a deal. If he makes a breakthrough then they've got themselves a first team player for under £8m. If he doesn't then they've paid £2/3m for a young English player who'll probably have a bit of sell-on value.

lol Just been in the bookies and had a Villa fan laughing at us for our situation lol Pot calling kettle springs to mind but I guess we're both in turbulant times atleast it seems we have a settled squad, barring the Cambiasso situation and the fact they struggled for goals last season and have sold their main striker and 2 decent midfielders, they've gotta be in worse shape on the field.

But it does make me think given the situation this summer we're abit of a laughing stock (Not the laughing stock of the summer - That's gotta be Villa, but we're just behind them) given the general concensus of other fans, media (Was listening to Talk Sport in the week, they were ripping Ranieri and Leicester to bits), and taking a step back and looking at the situation think I have to agree.

lol Just been in the bookies and had a Villa fan laughing at us for our situation lol Pot calling kettle springs to mind but I guess we're both in turbulant times atleast it seems we have a settled squad, barring the Cambiasso situation and the fact they struggled for goals last season and have sold their main striker and 2 decent midfielders, they've gotta be in worse shape on the field.

But it does make me think given the situation this summer we're abit of a laughing stock (Not the laughing stock of the summer - That's gotta be Villa, but we're just behind them) given the general concensus of other fans, media (Was listening to Talk Sport in the week, they were ripping Ranieri and Leicester to bits), and taking a step back and looking at the situation think I have to agree.

lol

I'd much rather be in our situation than theirs! Ok we've lost our manager that took us this far and replaced him with what would appear to be a short term appointment (to other clubs at least). Their is an air of uncertainty at the moment but we're still in relatively good shape imo.

They are losing players left, right and centre and have no idea whether their chairman will reinvest the money on personell. They also have Micah Richards convincing their players to leave lol

Think they could be in serious trouble if they don't get their signings right

The Roberts fee is being reported as £2m with add-ons taking it to £8m. From what I've read and seen of him that seems like not too shabby a deal. If he makes a breakthrough then they've got themselves a first team player for under £8m. If he doesn't then they've paid £2/3m for a young English player who'll probably have a bit of sell-on value.

Think it depends what paper or site you believe. Quite a few are saying its £5million upfront with £6million in add on's. Others are saying its £2/3million with £5/6million in add on's.

Can't see him getting much game time to be honest a few cup games here & there with a loan or 2 chucked in aswell.

Archived