Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

It's a shame he didn't end up at a Southampton or Swansea. His development will stagnate at Man City. I wouldn't mind so much but it's just infuriating watching him blatantly struggling to crack into their first team whilst he stagnates, probably ends up at West Brom by 2017 and ends up nothing more than a Stewart Downing, and he looks a serious prospect as well in my opinion.

Man City & Chelsea are a cancer on the game. Those two in-particular in England anyway.

I'm confused about this constant laughingstock tag. Every thing we do suddenly makes us a laughing stock. Pearson made is a laughingstock, sacking Pearson made us a laughingstock, appointing Ranieri makes us a laughingstock.

I think our fans are just a little too sensitive. Newcastle, Villa, Watford are all bigger laughingstocks than us. We sacked an unpredictable manager who apart from the first month of the season and the last 2 months was terrible and replaced him with a well respected experienced manager.

I'm confused about this constant laughingstock tag. Every thing we do suddenly makes us a laughing stock. Pearson made is a laughingstock, sacking Pearson made us a laughingstock, appointing Ranieri makes us a laughingstock.

I think our fans are just a little too sensitive. Newcastle, Villa, Watford are all bigger laughingstocks than us. We sacked an unpredictable manager who apart from the first month of the season and the last 2 months was terrible and replaced him with a well respected experienced manager.

You make it sound like there were good footballing reasons to do it.

You make it sound like there were good footballing reasons to do it.

There were good footballing reasons, the relationship between Pearson and the owners had irreconcilably broken down. They didn't trust him and conflict between the manager and the owners of the club ends up spilling out onto the pitch.

This was not a knee jerk, reactionary decision it was considered and made for the good of the club, whether you agree or not.

There were good footballing reasons, the relationship between Pearson and the owners had irreconcilably broken down. They didn't trust him and conflict between the manager and the owners of the club ends up spilling out onto the pitch.

This was not a knee jerk, reactionary decision it was considered and made for the good of the club, whether you agree or not.

And the replacement? Mehhhh not so sure, certainly from a longevity point of view as regards anything else, we'll see, i'm skeptical.

For what it's worth this Villa fan who was laughing at us said he thought Pearson was a very good manager and didn't understand why they got rid, I agreed.

not disagreeing or agreeing, but the process post sacking would hint to me that it was anything but considered and measured decision to sack him. we had no new man lined up, not even much of a shortlist, it was all a bit of a mess. 

not sure it makes us a "laughing stock" though. from the outside looking in i think most thought pearson was a dick and probably aren't that surprised or arsed he got sacked for being a dick. it's not like we sacked some squeaky clean saint of a manager for literally no reason. and the ranieri appointment has been greeted with mixed reaction. 

as someone living away from leicester i've not met many people "laughing" at us. not as much as they are at villa or city anyway 

not disagreeing or agreeing, but the process post sacking would hint to me that it was anything but considered and measured decision to sack him. we had no new man lined up, not even much of a shortlist, it was all a bit of a mess.

It doesn't mean it wasn't considered it just means they made the decision to sack him and sacked him without any carry on behind his back, then gave themselves time to appoint a manager without impacting much of preseason just condition training which doesn't need a manager. I don't necessarily agree with what they did but I think they did it in the correct way. No weeks of press speculation, no tapping up other managers and trying to do deals behind Pearson's back. Look at the nonsense with Newcastle and McLaren they kept our business out of the press as much as they could and I think the general consensus from other people I've spoken to are that they are surprised as they didn't see it coming, but understandable considering the incidents of the previous season.

Two players leaving the Premier League:

Chelsea left-back Filipe Luis returns to his former club Atlético Madrid for approximately £16m - that after Chelsea paid £22m for him only twelve months ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/20/filipe-luis-atletico-madrid-chelsea

Paris Saint-Germain react to the departure of Yohan Cabaye and bring in Benjamin Stambouli from Tottenham for a fee in the region of about £6m.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2529531/paris-saint-germain-sign-benjamin-stambouli-from-tottenham

He fell over the ball in the 1st minute then scored in the 3rd minute. I hope Sterling takes this season by storm and goes onto become the player we hope he does for England. Wasnt the greatest way to leave Liverpool but you would probably say Delph's departure was worse than Sterling's

Guest MattP

He wasn't unpredictable at all, every season he had here he improved us and our league position, he was as predictable as you can get.

He wasn't terrible at all over the whole season either, you clearly weren't watching us around christmas if you think that, we argubly played better football around that period (Spurs home, Liverpool away the two that stick out) than at the end of the season, we just didn't get results due to horrendous referring and some awful luck.

He wasn't unpredictable at all, every season he had here he improved us and our league position, he was as predictable as you can get.

He wasn't terrible at all over the whole season either, you clearly weren't watching us around christmas if you think that, we argubly played better football around that period (Spurs home, Liverpool away the two that stick out) than at the end of the season, we just didn't get results due to horrendous referring and some awful luck.

Bad refereeing & bad luck ... How come those two things don't affect the top clubs ?

They are excuses for poor performances thats all. Luck and refereeing even out over the course of a season.

We are putting Pearson on a pedestal he really doesn't deserve

Surely he means throttling opposition players, telling fans to F off and die, calling journos after large flightless birds, and defending his racist prozzie banging son makes him unpredictable, rather than results on the pitch.

Surely he means throttling opposition players, telling fans to F off and die, calling journos after large flightless birds, and defending his racist prozzie banging son makes him unpredictable, rather than results on the pitch.

Well his son wasn't racist as it was Hopper who used the term and it wasn't exactly a throttle as MacArthur said it was a clearly a joke, but don't let facts get in the way hey?

If you're really bothered about what the media thinks, maybe football isn't for you, in fact 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' seems a great fit for you.

Guest MattP

Bad refereeing & bad luck ... How come those two things don't affect the top clubs ?

They are excuses for poor performances thats all. Luck and refereeing even out over the course of a season.

We are putting Pearson on a pedestal he really doesn't deserve

Did you not hear Jose Mourinho last season? He claimed there was a conspiracy with referees against his team and they won the league.

It's a total myth that luck evens itself out, the whole definition of the word "luck" pretty much disproves that. That's why it's called "luck".

Archived