Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Watford have had a shocking second half of the season, not surprised they've got rid.

Flores made a number of fundamental errors in my opinion, he should of brought another striker, he set them up far too narrow by basically playing 3 central midfielders and 1 winger, and they relied too heavy on certain players who ended up dropping form.

Can see them getting relegated next season if they don't buy the right players.

Premier League new-build boom: Half the stadiums will have been built after 1995 as demise of traditional homes continue

Sad. The old traditional grounds are much better.

Etihad, as nice as it is, has nothing on the character of Maine Road.

Watford have had a shocking second half of the season, not surprised they've got rid.

Flores made a number of fundamental errors in my opinion, he should of brought another striker, he set them up far too narrow by basically playing 3 central midfielders and 1 winger, and they relied too heavy on certain players who ended up dropping form.

Yet they still played in an FA Cup Semi Final and will finish mid table. We're talking about Watford and a team that have just been promoted. Perspective?

Can see them getting relegated next season if they don't buy the right playersmanager.

Can see them getting relegated next season if they don't buy the right playersmanagerreferees.

depends on newcastles reaction to being relegated, shame there is nothing left for them to play for.

I'd say pride but this is newcastle we're talking about!!

arsenal have villa so it isnt inconceivable for them to win 20-0 and trump the spuds goal difference :fc:

It's beyond me that Newcastle fans haven't forced Ashley out. Where is the spine?

I don't get what their problem is with Ashley, he said he was willing to spend big and he has, I personally think the geordies always look for someone to blame.

Dont know if this has already been shared - What the Big 6 need to win the title: 

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/10275975/what-do-arsenal-chelsea-liverpool-man-city-man-utd-and-spurs-need-to-win-premier-league-title 

Paul Merson hilarious again:

- Chelsea should buy Sturridge because "he's the best around"

- They should buy Defoe!

- And they could sign Buffon - despite him being Juventus through and through! 

Watford had a great start to the season they where flying and took there foot off the gas, they are not a big club so can't see them getting a big name manager maybe Neville would be a good shout I think he has the talent to be a good manager but when you go to a country where you don't speak the language as your first job its a hell of a ask

Sounds like its going to be Walter Mazzarri - once of Inter and Napoli.

It is a bit weird because clearly on the face of it coming mid-table and getting to the FA Cup semis should represent a very solid season but most of the fans really aren't that disappointed.

As Manini pointed out our form post Christmas has been awful and the Pozzos/fans have been concerned about the style of football and tactics used - also the same old players being picked (but then all managers have their favourites)

Also he made 2/3 signings in January that haven't paid off (yet) and not really used some of the younger more attacking players the Pozzos brought in.

Think Flores was safety first and the Pozzos want a bit more than that.

Of course its a risk getting another manager - probably with a whole host of new players but I guess that is the risk the Pozzos are prepared to take.

Quite what happens if we start next season badly goodness knows!

Guest CityFan 06

I think Watford might do ok next season, within that squad there's still some very good players. Of course, it depends on how the new manager fits into the club and with the players. But, if the right manager for Watford is recruited, then there's an already great base to work with, which can then be further developed.  

I don't get what their problem is with Ashley, he said he was willing to spend big and he has, I personally think the geordies always look for someone to blame.

Not as simple as just putting money in. He's consistently gotten the wrong people in, consistently been complacent and allowed them to get into situations they should never have been in. They nearly snatched relegation from comfortable survival with an absolutely appalling appointment in Carver last season and he persisted with a failing manager for far too long this year as well - and one who given his last season at Derby, you can't exactly say it's a surprise he failed.

He put the money in this season but the incompetence is still rife.

Not as simple as just putting money in. He's consistently gotten the wrong people in, consistently been complacent and allowed them to get into situations they should never have been in. They nearly snatched relegation from comfortable survival with an absolutely appalling appointment in Carver last season and he persisted with a failing manager for far too long this year as well - and one who given his last season at Derby, you can't exactly say it's a surprise he failed.

He put the money in this season but the incompetence is still rife.

Absolutely - and to that you can add a big dose of arrogance. Most teams like this, Sunderland for example, had a relegation clause in the players' contracts. No one at Newcastle even though this a necessary. So they are now stuck with a load of second rate players on huge wages with zero resale value. I really can't say I have any sympathy. Watching how they played with no spirit or fire they deserve to be relegated. Sunderland fought hard and look where it got them..

shocking is relative though.. They stayed up and didn't disgrace themselves and that is some achievement. A manager has to learn how to change his game in the premiership, and that can take time - ask Nigel if you're not convinced..

Archived