Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ben Chilwell

This is where we do our bit for the modern game and ask for twenty million.

As for him last night... thought he really struggled for the first half hour, they targeted him despite having a central player on the right wing, although he really grew into the game and I'd say probably got the better of Diame in the end, so good on him.

We don't really scratch the surface with youth team development.

We pretend to and go so far.

But the only way to bring young players through is to give them first team opportunities, see how they cope. then have them return to under 21 football to rectify any problems before being reintroduced to the first team.

If they slot in from the start so much the better but they'll still have deficiencies to work on. If Ferguson could find opportunity to develop youth footballers with all the demands and risks at United, I'm quite sure we could.

But generally we don't have the nerve.          

Dodoo got a sub appearance after his three goals in the last round, but do you think it's too early to see Chilwell come off the bench on Saturday? I didn't get to see the game or highlights last night so couldn't give an opinion on his performance.

Grew into the game and looked very accomlished. Would Utd really have had a scout there? Bit of a gamble given he's never player for the 1st team

doesnt he captain england under whatever age he is, and won our academy player of the year? could also have been there for a double of him and dodoo? 

hull's not exactly far from manchester and there wasn't anyone else any good playing yesterday in scouting terms. 

Was very decent last night but from my view could've done perhaps a little better with their goal. From where I was sat it looked like he hesitated instead of just booting it out with his right foot

I think Hernandez was just on it too quickly for Chilwell to do anything about it, left foot or right foot.

I went last night and he was brilliant. Took 10 mins to settle in but looked very accomplished. Was our 2nd best player behind Benolouane

Opinions opinions.

Wasn't at the game. But the Mercury rated benolouane as the worst of the back 4 and gave him a 5. Was he better than that?

Opinions opinions.

Wasn't at the game. But the Mercury rated benolouane as the worst of the back 4 and gave him a 5. Was he better than that?

Thought Benalouane was real quality. Read the game well, dominated both strikers he faced and had good distribution. Our defence wasn't really troubled apart from one big chance Hull had early on. Our problem was the fact Hull were dominating central midfield

Merc's ratings have always been shite, they've already made up their mind on him and they won't change now, they used to give Bamba an 8/9 every single game, even the one at Reading where he cost us all three goals.

Got to be time for Chilwell to have a season on loan in the Championship now and see how he gets on, I agree he should have done better for their goal though, slow it down and he should get there before Hernandez, had he tried to clear with his right foot he would have.

I saw those Mercury ratings and they were pretty iffy.  Benalouane played well, the only other positive apart from Chilwell.  Yet Benny gets a 5 and Inler a 6?

It's time Kingy thought of moving to recharge his career. He won't improve playing in that kind of team. He needs a pass-and-move club not a club hell-bent on making signings to improve their global image...whether good or bad.

And Chilwell needs regular first team football - not occasional treats - and would be better somewhere else if we can't or won't use him here.        

It's time Kingy thought of moving to recharge his career. He won't improve playing in that kind of team. He needs a pass-and-move club not a club hell-bent on making signings to improve their global image...whether good or bad.

And Chilwell needs regular first team football - not occasional treats - and would be better somewhere else if we can't or won't use him here.        

The chance for King to set the tempo of the game was there and he just didn't. Love him but he's so hot and cold. 

Opinions opinions.

Really? Wow.

Thought Benny was our best player along with Was. De Laet was by far the worst defender on the pitch. Chilwell played good but was targeted constantly. Held his own more often than not.

Worst player on the pitch for me was Dodoo closely followed by Inler.

The chance for King to set the tempo of the game was there and he just didn't. Love him but he's so hot and cold. 

I'd imagine he feels frustrated. He had a good run in the team and got dropped after playing well. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it he's now the "go-to" midfielder and I can't see his situation improving. As the line of the song went there's "there's a time for every purpose" and I reckon Kingy needs to join someone like Swansea where they live and breathe pass-and-move football and where his style will suit perfectly.    

I'm hoping Chilwell will learn a lot from Fuchs over the next few seasons, looking forward to seeing his progression.

Fuchs sets an admirable example but Chilwell won't want to watch someone else for years - he'll want and need to be playing.  

Archived