Fox92 Posted 8 December 2015 Posted 8 December 2015 If any of the big boys come in for him, he's offski. He doesn't owe us that much at the end of the day. Why? If he has a chance of playing regular here (and at the minute that looks tough because Fuchs has been superb but Fuchs is also 30 soon) why would he want move to a bigger club where he might not play every week. You only have to look at how many players have moved on just to get shipped out on loan every season.
filbertway Posted 8 December 2015 Posted 8 December 2015 he's playing well at championship level though He was talking about Adam Smith there I think.
AKCJ Posted 8 December 2015 Posted 8 December 2015 Let's remember Fuchs is 30 this season, he isn't a long term option This. Fuchs can be his mentor for a couple if years before Chilwell is genuinely ready for a Premier League starting spot. Happy for the lad to learn his trade on loan right now but would like to see him stay as back up next season.
Webbo Posted 8 December 2015 Posted 8 December 2015 Let's remember Fuchs is 30 this season, he isn't a long term option He's still got 2 or 3 seasons in him, that's a long time to wait for an ambitious youngster.
davieG Posted 8 December 2015 Posted 8 December 2015 We have another left back, Callum Elder getting plenty of plaudits on loan at Peterborough. http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/08/report-peterborough-united-keen-to-extend-leicester-city-defende/?
lgfualol Posted 8 December 2015 Posted 8 December 2015 Shame we dont have similar quality youth at right-back.
Adster Posted 8 December 2015 Posted 8 December 2015 If any of the big boys come in for him, he's offski. He doesn't owe us that much at the end of the day. Aren't you forgetting something? We ARE a big boy!
yorksfox Posted 10 December 2015 Posted 10 December 2015 Chilwell a vast improvement on Davidson, Town's alternative left back, who would struggle to make Husbands Bosworth's Reserves. He seems solid enough but certainly can't cross a ball. No danger of him surpassing (or replacing! ) the excellent Fuchs in the next couple of years. If Fuchs was injured then Schlupp would still, at this time, be the stronger replacement.
Dan Posted 10 December 2015 Posted 10 December 2015 You would like to hope given the horrendous lack of success stories there've been in recent years regarding players who are joining a bigger club at his age, that he'd make the right decision and stick around for a bit. How many players who transferred to top club's youth academy in recent years actually succeeeded? Sterling & Alli are about the only ones I can think of.
davieG Posted 28 December 2015 Posted 28 December 2015 On-loan Leicester City youngster Ben Chilwell has thanked Claudio Ranieri for introducing him to the first team set-up at the Foxes this season. The 18 year-old Academy Player of the Year, who is currently out playing his football with Championship side Huddersfield Town, immediately caught the City manager’s eye in pre-season. After taking part in Ranieri’s first training camp in Austria, Chilwell went on to feature heavily for the Foxes in their pre-season fixture schedule before making his first team bow in a Capital One Cup fixture at Hull City earlier this year. He’s now continuing that development with the Terriers in the Championship and admits he’s grateful to Ranieri for giving him the experience of being around City’s first-team set up. “That was massively beneficial, it was what I needed. I’m not 16, 17 anymore, I’m 18, it’s still a young age but there are a lot of 18 year-olds breaking into first teams and if I’m honest I wanted to break into a first team at a young age,” said Chilwell. “At 18 I’m happy that it’s happened now as I wouldn’t want to break into a first team at 21 or 22 which is still a massive achievement, but I wanted to do it when I was a teenager. “To get a taste with Leicester’s first team was very good and obviously I’m thankful to Claudio Ranieri for giving me the chance to do it.” Following his professional debut against Hull, Chilwell made the loan switch to Huddersfield Town last month and has wasted no time in making his mark. He has started five out of six games for the Terriers so far this season after impressing their new Head Coach and former Borussia Dortmund II manager, David Wagner. He added: “I’m happy that it’s happened (a loan move to the Championship) and it’s definitely something that I wanted to happen. “I’m thankful to the gaffer (David Wagner) for putting me straight in and having the confidence to put me straight in. I was nervous to be put in straight away as I wanted to prove myself to all the new boys and show them that I was a good player. “I’ve been wanting to play men’s football for a couple of months now so to get the opportunity to start a few games in the Championship is a massive thing for me. “The styles of play are different (between Leicester and Huddersfield) and I’ve massively enjoyed playing under David Wagner as it’s a style of play which suits my game, it’s all about ball possession.” It’s been a fantastic year for the youngster making his Leicester debut, playing regularly in the Championship and receiving a call-up to the England U21 side. However, Chilwell didn’t expect any of this to happen. “To be honest, at the beginning of the season I thought it was going to be another season at Under-21s football,” he said. “In the back of my head I always would’ve loved going on loan to maybe a League 1 team, but as soon as I heard Huddersfield wanted to take me, it was a no brainer. I was definitely going to go to them and hopefully play in the Championship. “The England U21s call-up was massive, because that’s a big thing and I was really happy with that as well. Turns out it’s been a good season.” Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/chilwell-ranieri-has-prepared-me-for-first-team-football-2865926.aspx#cSK11QhGjiH08LQM.99
lcfcsnow Posted 28 December 2015 Posted 28 December 2015 “The styles of play are different (between Leicester and Huddersfield) and I’ve massively enjoyed playing under David Wagner as it’s a style of play which suits my game, it’s all about ball possession.” That's another indication he has no intention of staying and signing a new contract. :xmassad:
st albans fox Posted 28 December 2015 Posted 28 December 2015 That's another indication he has no intention of staying and signing a new contract. :xmassad: And if some of our players leave in the summer, will we remain a low possession team? I suggest Claudio's intention will be to keep our fast breaking style but to raise our stats to at least 50%. That way our front men can have some rest in the game rather than chasing the opposition defence.
Number 6 Posted 28 December 2015 Posted 28 December 2015 Seriously, even in teams who love possession how much of the ball does a LB have? Fuchs has been very involved for us and has been great, Chilwell needs to bide his time and take his chance when it arrives.
TJB-fox Posted 28 December 2015 Posted 28 December 2015 That's another indication he has no intention of staying and signing a new contract. :xmassad:No it really isnt
NewEnglandFox Posted 28 December 2015 Posted 28 December 2015 I expect him to play against Spurs in the FA Cup. Tons of minutes with no cover for Mister Fuchs. It'll be the only break we can afford to give him.
Trelleh Posted 28 December 2015 Posted 28 December 2015 Watched him against QPR today, came off the bench and seems steady at championship level and can only improve. Great move for him, gives him first team experience...
gurru991 Posted 28 December 2015 Posted 28 December 2015 young players die a thousand deaths at Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U etc because those clubs sign big money players . Ben will get a solid chance at 1st team football with Leicester but will die on the vine with the glamour clubs
desertfox2 Posted 29 December 2015 Posted 29 December 2015 That's another indication he has no intention of staying and signing a new contract. :xmassad: Is there a team in the prem that play "possession football" where he would get anywhere near a starting place anytime soon? The only place is the championship for the time being. Sign a new contract and if he wants to play do what we are doing now sending him out on loan.
Number 6 Posted 29 December 2015 Posted 29 December 2015 Vague post from him on twitter just now. 3 sad faces. Sad because being recalled? https://twitter.com/BenChilwell/status/681827899687723009
Miquel The Work Geordie Posted 29 December 2015 Posted 29 December 2015 18 years old aint he, probably had his heartbroken by Sienna 20 who has over 2 thousand followers on instagram or some shit
les-tah Posted 29 December 2015 Posted 29 December 2015 18 years old aint he, probably had his heartbroken by Sienna 20 who has over 2 thousand followers on instagram or some shit I think your right, but tomorrow heel be shagggin Crystal - 26 from Birmingham who only sleeps with footballers and models. Feel bad for him
Captain... Posted 29 December 2015 Posted 29 December 2015 Vague post from him on twitter just now. 3 sad faces. Sad because being recalled? https://twitter.com/BenChilwell/status/681827899687723009 Is that a sad face or a tired face? Maybe he's sad because Lemmy died.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.