Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ben Chilwell

Does the lad actually want to be here? The admittedly vague feeling I get is that he might not. I hope I'm wrong.

And that the club have the courage to give him a career here if he's really as good as he and everyone around him thinks.

When you're 18 or whatever you want to be playing not sat on a bench or messing around in meaningless under 21s matches where the team might be compiled from any old mixture.

I never think Leicester fans truly embrace our own. Too many would rather have an exotic-sounding foreigner who's not necessarily exotic at all.

With Chilwell there's a real problem in that Fuchs has been brilliant for us and will very likely remain that way.

Surely, Chilwell will go next to a club where they're committed to playing him.

It'll be an increasing problem for emerging Academy lads at Leicester because the bar's being lifted, our standards are rising dramatically and the chances of anyone being able to break into our team at the new level are receding rapidly because there are no longer any duffers to push aside.

Yes, we're (presumably) attracting better youngsters - and from all over the world - but attracting the best and accommodating them in the first team will be no easier for us than the other big clubs who have so many millions of pounds worth of talent twiddling their thumbs on the sidelines every week.

Will Chilwell be just another if he stays with us? Haha I remember when Shilton was emerging in the 60s. The club had a real dilemma. But in the end they let World Cup winner Gordon Banks move on and showed complete faith in the local lad who could have walked into any team he liked. It was a brave decision and perhaps one we're facing again if reports of Chilwell's potential are to be believed.             

He just wants to play no harm in that. I'd be disappointed playing and then being recalled for cover. If I was City, I'd recall play him in the cup and if he still need games back out on loan on deadline day.

I would refuse to make it Huddersfield though as it appears their manager has virtually been scout for Klopp.

Funny position full back we have had plenty of next best things in fullbacks here over the last few years,Mattock,Cunningham,Mcgivern, Gilbert who never quite made it. They didn't get the experience and positional sense that comes with it and never reached their potential. Personally would let him learn from his mistakes out on loan.

Arsenal official Twitter today's has talked about link for him, so safe to say they are in for him

To go there now would be an error and disrespectful to Leicester.

Get in our team, learn your trade and move the for 40 - 50 million with 100 pl appreances and a few England caps under your belt.

Be John stones not these other who jump at the Money to soon and end up out of the game at 24.

Or worse at villa!

Indeed. No point crying over this. We have one of the best left-backs in Europe so he isn't getting into the side any time soon anyway.

He could just as easily end up another Joe Mattock as he could the next big thing. And if he does become a great it's hardly our fault that he moved on to a traditionally bigger club, it happens.

If he thinks his future lies elsewhere so be it, get him gone but at a price that we are happy with, the club have ploughed a small fortune into the academy and that needs to be reflected in the sale price.

Wonder if the move is better for him or just his agent, he is far from a finished article so looks like if he goes he will end up on loan elsewhere anyway.

Archived