Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ben Chilwell

Comments made on here don't convince me people around him are necessarily set on his playing for Leicester.

The comments might well be wrong, of course, but they've left me with the feeling that I don't give a toss what he, or other people, say he should do.

Lots of supposedly brilliant young players end up tripping over the expectations of other people instead of just concentrating on learning their trade.

I just hope he's not one of them.

As for Schlupp and Fuchs both have both played commendable parts in our success, some might even say highly commendable.

The least they deserve is some respect because, as yet, Chilwell's just a promising prospect.        

if a young lad who is playing for the team he supports, has a good chance to break in to the first team and as a nice little added bonus can earn serious clams, wants to leave, then he doesn't deserve to stay.

Fuch off. Who knows why he hasn't signed a new contract yet? Do you? Does anyone here? Don't think so.

Maybe he/his agent and the club are in talks about it, maybe the club wanted to see how he does in the Championship, maybe he wanted to prove he can do it in the Championship in order to get a better contract...

There is still space for him here. For the times Jeff is put on the left wing or put up front we need someone to back up or challenge Fuchs. Let's not forget Claudio has also moved Jeff up front once already this season.

If we are competing in Europe next season ( lol ) we can't afford to let him go. No point in going out and spending 10mill on someone else.

Just making an observation, although I expect I could be way off the mark, but City seem to have a few prospects in the youth / development squads and we keep hearing how good they look etc but they never really seem to make the push into the first team and to be honest I don't think 20 is young these days (I know Chilwell is younger). There are downsides to keepng the youth in the development squad forever and never giving them a go in the first team. Other teams seem to manage to get the younguns out (Southampton, Everton, Liverpoor, Arsenal and even United and look at Grealish at Villa) so why don't we? I often hear people saying 'He's too young' or 'He's not ready' about players even into their 20's and I really don't get the though process? I suspect if Arsenal really are interested then Chilwell would be off, and I for one wouldnt blame him.

But Chilwell is out on loan at the moment, which is exactly what's best for him at this stage of his development, so we're bringing him on perfectly.

Oops, sorry. Disregard. Didn't spot how dated the comment was, and how far this thread has moved on.

I hope he's delaying signing a new contract for us because he's trying to get utd and chelsea to increase the price we must pay. We really need to keep the youngsters for the longevity of the club's success. Hope we beat Chelsea, since then the two clubs after him won't be as compelling up join.

I'd like to think he'll stay here.

Fuchs is 30 in April and Chilwell will be challenging him for a place in the next year or so and if he is all he's cracked up to be he will win that battle at some point against an ageing Fuchs.

Good luck if he goes to Man Utd and has to battle with the similar aged £30m left back Luke Shaw for a place. Even at a club like Arsenal they're just as likely to sign a world class left back than give Chilwell an opportunity. I would advise any teenager to avoid these clubs unless they think they are a true world class talent. Look at all the ex Man Utd players we have who have rotted away in their reserves and had to leave to progress. At least at Leicester you can see a route for him into the first team if he becomes a genuine decent PL left back.

I hope he doesn't overestimate himself and look to force his way into one of the big club's teams as for the vast majority of talented youngsters that story doesn't end well and before you know it you're 22/23 and being sold for £1m-£2m to a Championship club.

Fuch off. Who knows why he hasn't signed a new contract yet? Do you? Does anyone here? Don't think so.

Maybe he/his agent and the club are in talks about it, maybe the club wanted to see how he does in the Championship, maybe he wanted to prove he can do it in the Championship in order to get a better contract...

I wasn't saying that is what is happening, but IF he doesn't want to stay and play for his boyhood team, when they're on the up, then i wouldn't worry about losing him.

I wasn't saying that is what is happening, but IF he doesn't want to stay and play for his boyhood team, when they're on the up, then i wouldn't worry about losing him.

Wasn't he born in Milton Keynes? I don't think we're his boyhood team.

If any of the big boys come in for him, he's offski. He doesn't owe us that much at the end of the day. 

Hope not ....    lots of potential.   And talking of good young players and slipping through fingers my Northampton mate says that Adam Smith is brilliant and playing extremely well for them.    :(

Archived