Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

Everton have a huge fan base compared to us same as Villa although performances are similar at the moment history has taught us that the bigger clubs over a long term period generally will stay big clubs after good/bad form but there are exceptions look at Sheffield Wednesday in the past and Leeds United in more recent years 

I think from my personal experience through 90% of last season and on the odd occasion in the 2013/14 season when it started to look odds on we'd get promotion, it has been incredibly difficult to get tickets. Fair enough I don't have a ST and didn't cough up for a membership so mostly my fault. It has felt like though you have to put a lot of effort in to get tickets and get to a game, if you want 2 tickets next to each other, even harder. I do think we are in a perfect position to capitalize on high demand and judging the last few seasons could easily add another 5K in season ticket holders alone, plus another 2/3K in the people missing out on sitting together who haven't been able to come and general visitors who may come along to games now and again who also haven't been able to come down.

It does feel like it is a risk though right now as our atmosphere is being lauded by the media and other fans currently and if we were for whatever reason unable to fill the stadium due to relegation etc. it could have a huge effect on games and then maybe have an adverse effect on attendances in a sort of vicious cycle.

Maybe for once though we need to just go for it, its not as big a financial gamble with our current owners as it was when we jumped from Filbert street, and we're not doing too badly now are we?

We've just received 72 mil for our year in the premiership so now is a good time to go for it. As said it will take a couple of years to happen by then we should be well settled in the premiership. If Fans can't get to see matches they lose interest. That's not good for the anyone.  The Owners are very shrewd and trustworthy people let's just support them and enjoy the ride.

We've just received 72 mil for our year in the premiership so now is a good time to go for it. As said it will take a couple of years to happen by then we should be well settled in the premiership. If Fans can't get to see matches they lose interest. That's not good for the anyone. The Owners are very shrewd and trustworthy people let's just support them and enjoy the ride.

Great post well said

Just seen a Southampton fan I haven't seen in ages (who is normally quite anti-Leicester).

He thinks that LCFC have progressed significantly over the past 2/3 years, both on and off the field, and would have a bet than Leicester are the bigger club in general...

Sell outs nearly every game last season and ST sold out already. Expansion a logical must I think. If you go down and there's a few more empty seats what have you lost? The cost of the expansion.. The cost of missed revenue will be greater if we spend more time in top flight.

Sell outs nearly every game last season and ST sold out already. Expansion a logical must I think. If you go down and there's a few more empty seats what have you lost? The cost of the expansion.. The cost of missed revenue will be greater if we spend more time in top flight.

Good post, logical thinking

To paraphrase Gary Neville. Big clubs talk about trophies, small clubs talk about attendances.

Good job we've won more trophies than Man Utd in the last couple of years then!

I can't really understand anyone not saying that an early expansion would be a good idea.  

• Last season saw us achieve our highest ever average attendance.  
  • We're losing money every game we play at the moment because there are people that want to attend games that can't.  
  • We have owners with the wealth and ambition to do this for us without any detrimental effect to our financial position or future.  
  • One day, our current owners won't be there but the stadium and club will be.  
  • We will probably be in this stadium for the rest of this century so why not make it the best it can be whilst we've got the chance?  
  • Who knows what the future will be?  A generation ago, we got less than 10,000 for some matches.  The trend in attendances is fairly consistently up if it's possible.
  • A bigger stadium makes it more likely that entry prices will be reasonable or even reduce.
  • An expanded stadium is the best way to encourage younger supporters to attend matches at the top level.  Many kids were excluded last season because of the reduced availability of occasional tickets. 
  • To increase the stadium would allow the club to expand the corporate facilities and executive boxes which is a major cash cow.
  • Bigger crowds and a bigger stadium does make a difference to our status for potential signings, attracting 'tourist' supporters and for hosting potential events in the future.

The 40,000 Bede Island design was always the design that was right for the club few years back before the Walkers Stadium, would have attracted the players we needed at the right time unfortunately it was too late after Martin O Neill and the bubble burst when we went moved when getting relegated 

4f574bb63dd40-LEICESTER%20CITY%20(1)%20(

If we're expanding, think it's certainly the right time to 'paint up' the other ground sides (especially the pillars).

Whole stadium needs renovating structurally be the right time to fix all the snagging and short cuts taken when it was built 

<p>

I can't really understand anyone not saying that an early expansion would be a good idea.

• Last season saw us achieve our highest ever average attendance.
  • We're losing money every game we play at the moment because there are people that want to attend games that can't.
  • We have owners with the wealth and ambition to do this for us without any detrimental effect to our financial position or future.
  • One day, our current owners won't be there but the stadium and club will be.
  • We will probably be in this stadium for the rest of this century so why not make it the best it can be whilst we've got the chance?
  • Who knows what the future will be? A generation ago, we got less than 10,000 for some matches. The trend in attendances is fairly consistently up if it's possible.
  • A bigger stadium makes it more likely that entry prices will be reasonable or even reduce.
  • An expanded stadium is the best way to encourage younger supporters to attend matches at the top level. Many kids were excluded last season because of the reduced availability of occasional tickets.
  • To increase the stadium would allow the club to expand the corporate facilities and executive boxes which is a major cash cow.
  • Bigger crowds and a bigger stadium does make a difference to our status for potential signings, attracting 'tourist' supporters and for hosting potential events in the future.
This

All the ground needs is a two 4k tiers on the East Stand and another on the Kop.

Lob all the away fans upstairs in the East Stand and use the other 7k seats (3k from the current away end location and 4k from the Kop's top tier) for additional season ticket holders.

I think we can sell 28k season tickets in the Prem (currently 22k with plenty of people missing out).

Say that the away fans bring 4k to us each game then we'd have to sell 8k matchday tickets. I'd say thats easily do-able.

All the ground needs is a two 4k tiers on the East Stand and another on the Kop.

Lob all the away fans upstairs in the East Stand and use the other 7k seats (3k from the current away end location and 4k from the Kop's top tier) for additional season ticket holders.

I think we can sell 28k season tickets in the Prem (currently 22k with plenty of people missing out).

Say that the away fans bring 4k to us each game then we'd have to sell 8k matchday tickets. I'd say thats easily do-able.

The away fans can not and will not be moved ever.

The police holding cells are in that part of the ground.

It is also the closet point for away fans to get to so least chance of trouble around the ground.

The away fans can not and will not be moved ever.

The police holding cells are in that part of the ground.

It is also the closet point for away fans to get to so least chance of trouble around the ground.

I'm not saying they will but if they are building an extension on top of the East Stand they could easily include new cells and an exit at the North End of the extended East Stand for away fans which wouldn't be much further from where they exit now in fact they could be routed that way.

Anyway I don't think they will it would be useful to have it for non-season ticket holders so they could close it when ever there's a low turn out without having to move ST holders.

Archived