Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Okazaki signs.

What's with the dog eating jokes? Some inside private joke? Or just a good example of not knowing what you are talking about? China and Japan are about as similar as Scotland and France.

Okazaki should do alright in the prem, he's got a massive engine and runs it dry for the team. His old coach told me yesterday he isn't techniquely gifted, but he's the hardest working kid he's ever seen. Importantly, he isn't a ****. He's a good bloke, feet on the ground, and honest. I reckon the fans will take to him and his attitude, he will need goals, but I think he will get them if the service is there.

A few teachers are interested in how his rep is on the street, so I thought I'd get on here to see. Won't be mentioning the silly stuff about dogs and eyes though, everyone has the few uneducated sadly. Just hope the local journos don't take it the wrong way and print it here.....

Is it just me or have they said theyve been scouting him for over a year about all of our last 50 signings?

Come on guys, we're really not that bothered about the hipster credentials of our scouting team.

Speak for yourself :D

The casual racism and general ignorance on Japanese culture is embarrassing.

Yes it is. Imagine if we had signed a black African player, would it be acceptable banter to post cartoons of a black face or talk about a rain dance? Of course not.

Why do some people have an interesti in how the player looks or what he is assumed to eat....... there is very little talk about his style of play or ability.

It is funny that so soon after the outrage over the Thai orgy that suddenly the casual racists come out of the closet again and nobody seems to notice and/or care.

And, for the last time I AM NOT JAPANESE. It is possible for white people to be offended by racism directed at others....

In relation to his style of play, I see him as a more technically gifted Paul Dickov or Iain Hume.

Full of energy and running but a little lightweight to lead the line ........ He would be an ideal player to play behind a stronger front two.

If Mings (a raw right back comparable to Liam Moore) is 8 million and Okazaki is 7 million, then I think we have done a decent bit of business.

Yes it is. Imagine if we had signed a black African player, would it be acceptable banter to post cartoons of a black face or talk about a rain dance? Of course not.

Why do some people have an interesti in how the player looks or what he is assumed to eat....... there is very little talk about his style of play or ability.

It is funny that so soon after the outrage over the Thai orgy that suddenly the casual racists come out of the closet again and nobody seems to notice and/or care.

And, for the last time I AM NOT JAPANESE. It is possible for white people to be offended by racism directed at others....

I posted it because it had a similar face expression to his. You aren't offended by it. Stop pretending to be.

The dog stuff I agree is ignorant. Mine wasn't. Mine was just a lookalike. It's no different to posting up Ozil looking like Nemo.

The casual racism and general ignorance on Japanese culture is embarrassing.

FFS.

Rain dances are primarily an American Indian ritual.

And as an American Indian, I am offended by your ignorance.

So what are we getting,does anybody actually know,other than he runs around a bit like Vardy.

He can score better than Vardy and is good in the air.  He will run all day and be a perfect foil for Ulloa and Krameric.  Don't think we play him and vardy together.

FFS.

Rain dances are primarily an American Indian ritual.

And as an American Indian, I am offended by your ignorance.

Primarily Rain dances are African, the source of where human life began, that an American Indian can be a closet racist and ignorant to boot , then posting it on a soccer forum, weighs up the American dream.

God I'm excited. Ulloa, vardy, Kramaric, okazaki. I hope we don't loose one during the season because he decides he is not getting enough games. Like all of them. Jesus when have we ever said that. It's going to be too stressful as a fan to know who to pick let alone the manager. PEARSON has a tough job. If he wants to make his life easier get rid of 3 of them and resign Steve Howard I'm sure he can still do a job in the Prem.

We have just sacked 3 players, from the playing staff for being disrespectfull and mouthing/makingracists remarks.

We buy a japanese player, and this forum should be welcoming, but no!! we have an idiotic collection of forum members,

who have in this thread, shown total disrespect to the culture and background of our new addition.

Then show their own ignorance of life, by posting total nonsense and lack of knowledge over this new players culture.

Mods should be taking a harder line.....

Huth, Fuchs, Okazaki. If we manage to get Cambiasso back I'll shamelessly say this has been our best ever transfer window, and the fvcker's only just started.

I agree. Never expected us to get down to business this early. 

Sign a Japanese international and look what happens - the inbreds show their casual racism again and the forum allows it to pass unchecked.

We also have cartoons of Asian looking faces and songs about eating dogs - seriously WTF is wrong with you fools (other than a lack of education)?

ようこそ岡崎さん!8月からがんばってください!

Probably because the average IQ on FoxesTalk is about 50

In relation to his style of play, I see him as a more technically gifted Paul Dickov or Iain Hume.

Full of energy and running but a little lightweight to lead the line ........ He would be an ideal player to play behind a stronger front two.

If Mings (a raw right back comparable to Liam Moore) is 8 million and Okazaki is 7 million, then I think we have done a decent bit of business.

Could he play Nugents role of linking the midfield and attack?

Who says Okazaki will feature a lot in the upcoming season? It could well be another Kramaric case, where we won't see him on the pitch up until midway through the campaign. I believe the standard in the Premier League is different to the one in the Bundesliga, as it is more physical and faster. It'll take some getting used to, so be patient and wait until the Shinji is finally unleashed.

How effective is Okazaki in a centre forward role, anyway? I heard so much about him being wasted on the wing at Stuttgart, for instance.

Archived