Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Okazaki signs.

Bore off. Stop going out of the way to be offended on behalf of other people.

The dog stuff is taking the piss out of what happened when Yuki Abe signed and other than that there's no racism. Mentioning someone's nationality isn't racist. Mentioning things from a players country (sake/sushi) isn't racist (you wouldn't care if we signed a Dutch player and mentioned tulips and clogs).

You're being whiny and nobody cares if you're offended by light-hearted, non-racist jokes.

In all fairness I think he is offended on his own behalf.

Also mentioning someone's nationality in the context of it being a pejorative term would be considered racist.

Back to the topic of Okazaki.. I think this is a great bit of business. For us to have been after him for 2 years, Walsh and the guys must really see something in him. 29 is a good age for him to make the transition to the premier league too as he probably won't be naive enough to think he will come straight in and it'll be a breeze. He will be fully aware it is going to be tough and I'm sure he will be up for it and raring to go come August. Doesn't stop running off the ball, he really is the Japanese version of Vardy! But a bit more clinical in front of goal. Welcome Shinji!

Also mentioning someone's nationality in the context of it being a pejorative term would be considered racist.

Has anyone done that though? Everyone seems chuffed with it, everyone love Yuki. There's always a few dickheads but I've not read anything with negative connotations. Some people are just desperate to find some things offensive. 

Doesn't even make sense, there is a huge difference between Korea, China and Japan. Might as well stereotype the Welsh as all eating snails and frog legs because France is within a few 100 miles. (And I was a season ticket during Yuki's playing days, and it was moronic then too)

Exactly my point the morons that say it, don't know that, in fact I'm the one the shouts about the word Asian the most to describe people of brown origin and forget Asia has a lot more to it

You've got think Aswell he's scored 12 goals in a very average Mainz side who don't play the most attacking football, in a dangerous counter attacking team he could be lethal. Must have time to settle though I haven't got any expectations for the next 6-12 months if he comes good before that then that's an added Bonus.

I haven't been able to read the comments on culture but I imagine it's all fairly light hearted.

You still here jokes nowadays that the Germans are imperialists and want to invade everyone. They're not sincere of course and shouldn't be received that way.

I haven't been able to read the comments on culture but I imagine it's all fairly light hearted.

You still here jokes nowadays that the Germans are imperialists and want to invade everyone. They're not sincere of course and shouldn't be received that way.

True, they don't need to invade anymore, they can just buy everyone instead.

Huth wakes up at 6am to put the towels on the sunbeds and he wears lederhosens.

Mods, have a word.

European stereotypes are alright, you see. It's not offensive to them because some people think Europeans are strong enough to take it whereas others aren't. Not that that's racist in a condescending way or anything.

I don't know if anyone listens to the world football phone in on radio 5 live, but I posed a question about Okazaki and Fuchs to one of their European football experts.

He didn't say a lot that we don't already know, general gist was that they'll both be good signings and Pearson should be trusted to make good signings.

It's on iplayer here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0606mhk#auto

Skip to 02:48 if you want to listen.

Guest Cujek

Yes it is. Imagine if we had signed a black African player, would it be acceptable banter to post cartoons of a black face or talk about a rain dance? Of course not.

Why do some people have an interesti in how the player looks or what he is assumed to eat....... there is very little talk about his style of play or ability.

It is funny that so soon after the outrage over the Thai orgy that suddenly the casual racists come out of the closet again and nobody seems to notice and/or care.

And, for the last time I AM NOT JAPANESE. It is possible for white people to be offended by racism directed at others....

Its an internet forum, if you think people will follow the same social rules as they would in public then you have a lot to learn about the internet my friend

Our squad depth is amazing. Imagine if vardy, ulloa and Nugent became injured and we could still start

Okazaki and Kramaric with the option of Wood if we needed a physical presence.

If Cambiassio signs, we get a nails midfielder and lucky with injuries, we could do a Southampton and even get some silverware next season.

You've got think Aswell he's scored 12 goals in a very average Mainz side who don't play the most attacking football, in a dangerous counter attacking team he could be lethal. Must have time to settle though I haven't got any expectations for the next 6-12 months if he comes good before that then that's an added Bonus.

if he's not very good for a whole year he'll be almost 30 and this will have been a shocker of a signing

Yeah have to say I don't agree that I've got 'no expectations' early on. If he doesn't start firing within, say, the first ten games I'll start to get a little concerned. This is a signing where it's perfectly reasonable to expect results more or less immediately.

Archived