Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Okazaki signs.

FFS.

Rain dances are primarily an American Indian ritual.

And as an American Indian, I am offended by your ignorance.

You have missed the point here, the point being that indulging in lazy stereotypes would be less acceptable if the player were black rather than Asian. My use of rain dance was to parallel the idiots suggesting that Japanese eat dogs..... You have attempted to be witty but in your haste to be clever you missed the irony within my post.....what kind of dummy thinks Africans do rain dances? The same kind who think Japanese eat dogs.

We have just sacked 3 players, from the playing staff for being disrespectfull and mouthing/makingracists remarks.

We buy a japanese player, and this forum should be welcoming, but no!! we have an idiotic collection of forum members,

who have in this thread, shown total disrespect to the culture and background of our new addition.

Then show their own ignorance of life, by posting total nonsense and lack of knowledge over this new players culture.

Mods should be taking a harder line.....

This x100.

Sign a Japanese international and look what happens - the inbreds show their casual racism again and the forum allows it to pass unchecked.

We also have cartoons of Asian looking faces and songs about eating dogs - seriously WTF is wrong with you fools (other than a lack of education)?

ようこそ岡崎さん!8月からがんばってください!

Quite.

This x100.

Really, yes I accept it must be offensive, but to take it that far is silly. If you were here around the Yuki Abe days then maybe you would understand, some fans on a away match started singing songs about Yuki and eating dogs, which is actual stereotyping not racism as Chinese and Koreans and other oriental groups do eat dogs.........now most of us know this is nonesence but the actual joke in my opinion isn't on Yuki but those dum ****wits. All that's happened is that someone has brought it up again. If it has offended you as you are from that region then as good human beings we all should refrain from such talk

Really, yes I accept it must be offensive, but to take it that far is silly. If you were here around the Yuki Abe days then maybe you would understand, some fans on a away match started singing songs about Yuki and eating dogs, which is actual stereotyping not racism as Chinese and Koreans and other oriental groups do eat dogs......

Doesn't even make sense, there is a huge difference between Korea, China and Japan. Might as well stereotype the Welsh as all eating snails and frog legs because France is within a few 100 miles. (And I was a season ticket during Yuki's playing days, and it was moronic then too)

Who says Okazaki will feature a lot in the upcoming season? It could well be another Kramaric case, where we won't see him on the pitch up until midway through the campaign. I believe the standard in the Premier League is different to the one in the Bundesliga, as it is more physical and faster. It'll take some getting used to, so be patient and wait until the Shinji is finally unleashed.

How effective is Okazaki in a centre forward role, anyway? I heard so much about him being wasted on the wing at Stuttgart, for instance.

There's some truth in this, but with one significant difference that you've overlooked - Kram arrived mid-season and when we weren't in a situation to allow him to acclimatise whilst playing in matches.

Oka will have a full pre-season to settle in, get his fitness levels up and get used to his new playing colleagues etc. And he'll be joining a team that is much more confident, has survived a full season of Prem football, and has achieved.

Much more chance that he'll start the season up and running.

You have missed the point here, the point being that indulging in lazy stereotypes would be less acceptable if the player were black rather than Asian. My use of rain dance was to parallel the idiots suggesting that Japanese eat dogs..... You have attempted to be witty but in your haste to be clever you missed the irony within my post.....what kind of dummy thinks Africans do rain dances? The same kind who think Japanese eat dogs.

I can't speak for the posters that have quoted the songs about dogs, but I'm fairly sure they're a tongue in cheek joke about how dense our fan base can be. The dribbly section of our fan base sang something similar to Yuki Abe and I'm 99% sure SteveWalsh5 (in particular) is just making light of that.

Back to the subject on Okazaki...

Walsh said they'd be tracking him for 2 years. 2 years ago he'd just gone through a whole Bundesliga campaign and only scored 1 goal, seems a bit strange to start keeping tabs on him from then

5 strikers to choose from presuming wood is on his way! Will be good if we fancy a cup run or two this year! Hopefully no pressure on one striker to deliver either! Now for couple more singings, centre back and a centre mid plus cambiasso contract

Walsh said they'd be tracking him for 2 years. 2 years ago he'd just gone through a whole Bundesliga campaign and only scored 1 goal, seems a bit strange to start keeping tabs on him from then

He'd done well before that season. The Bundesliga is much higher quality than the Championship, so I suspect we thought he'd have something to add, and having scored only 1 goal could've been on his club's to-sell list.

I'm really looking forward to watching the front line up next season, seems to be plenty if options and styles to go into each game with a plan A plan B and plan C. Something I think we need.

The guys starts seem exactly what we want in our position and if he can chop in with 15 goals then it's a great deal.

Also nice to see business getting done a lot earlier then some of our rivals.

Maybe we weren't just monitoring him specifically, even though what Walsh said is still factually true.

It could have been because the owners had advised that they would like us to sign a player from that region.  If we could find one that would improve the team and was willing to come here. 

Maybe we have had that remit for at least 2 years, and so we have been monitoring any players that could end up being that person, with him being just one of them?

Bore off. Stop going out of the way to be offended on behalf of other people.

The dog stuff is taking the piss out of what happened when Yuki Abe signed and other than that there's no racism. Mentioning someone's nationality isn't racist. Mentioning things from a players country (sake/sushi) isn't racist (you wouldn't care if we signed a Dutch player and mentioned tulips and clogs).

You're being whiny and nobody cares if you're offended by light-hearted, non-racist jokes.

Archived