Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Okazaki signs.

I'm not really sure we needed another striker.

And if you consider that Wood is going to be sent on his way that puts Nuge at fifth choice :(

I have no idea how we are going to line up this season. Hopefully that element of surprise will help us to hit the ground running!

Encouraging without a doubt. I complained last season about how long we took to complete (or fail to complete) signings so as to leave us well set to formulate the best system for our team with all the important cogs in place.

This season's looking much better. We seem to know what we want, who we want and how to bring a good proportion of our intentions to closure. Hopefully we'll reap the benefit and start looking towards the top half of the table, rather than flirting with relegation.

Ambition laced with common sense and a determination to get value for money seems a good formula to me. And so far, the signings seem to have satisfied our declared aim to "improve" on what we've already got as a squad.               

A lot of love from opposition fans for this signing. Even better much of it comes from people who report on or follow the bundesliga. Starting to feel excited about this signing despite my concern on age and cost!

So what are we getting,does anybody actually know,other than he runs around a bit like Vardy.

Good in the air, capable of the spectacular but can often need a three chances to score one. He played for a Mainz side who are in a similar position to ourselves. He was a figurehead of a team who work hard, get results and consistently stay up.

And if you consider that Wood is going to be sent on his way that puts Nuge at fifth choice :(

I have no idea how we are going to line up this season. Hopefully that element of surprise will help us to hit the ground running!

Only way to improve is to replace players with better ones. I

Not necessarily, they all offer different options. Think Nugent will still play a vital role next season myself and they'll all be working their arses off to get starts. I'm excited

I am Japanese football writer and so glad to see supporters' positive comments on Okazaki.

If you have any questions about him such as his play-style, maybe I can help your guys.

I hope that he can contribute to Lcfc.

Hi there,with Shinki signing today,how big is this news in Japan?

So when Jamie Vardy has a party will Okazaki supply the sake?

Where's Yuki Abe now? how about re-signing him for Okazaki's Sake?

(I'll get my coat)

Not sure how legal it is or if Yuki would mind but would you liquidise and blend or dry, grind and stir.

Hi there,with Shinki signing today,how big is this news in Japan?

Hi, 

It is pretty big news. Since he is the main striker of Japanese national team, Japanese media has reported that immediately after the official statement.

Japanese journalists have posted the news as well, it will become a massive news!

Who's got any ideas for a song for him yet ?

"Shinji Okazaki" to the tune of "Frankie do you remember me"

On second thoughts I'll get my coat

Had a vague idea, Queens we will rock you fits.

Shinji Okazaki

Shinji Okazaki

Is the chorus bit, with suitable hand clapping/foot stomping.

With something like 'You are ace, Big smiley face, Scoring goals all over the place'

.... Shinji Okazaki, Shinji Okazaki

Worth working on, or shall I get another glass of wine? - good goal France, 1 0

Really pleased with this signing. A strong addition to the strike force. Track record and reviews are all there, let's hope he delivers.

We are having a fantastic off-season thus far, with strong additions getting signed up early. More of the same please Nige!

Had a vague idea, Queens we will rock you fits.

Shinji Okazaki

Shinji Okazaki

Is the chorus bit, with suitable hand clapping/foot stomping.

With something like 'You are ace, Big smiley face, Scoring goals all over the place'

.... Shinji Okazaki, Shinji Okazaki

Worth working on, or shall I get another glass of wine? - good goal France, 1 0

Not sure why, but I can't get "Shinji Okazaki" to the tune of "I Predict A Riot" out of my head.

Loving this. Welcome Shinji!

We’re building a truly international team. We’ve now got, among others:

A Viking

A chisel-jawed German that looks like Ivan Drago

A Pole who IS Ivan Drago

A Caribbean dude called Captain Morgan

A Swiss banker Fuchs*

A German who plays for Ghana

An Argentinian who’s got more honours than Leo Messi

A samurai

*Friends of Godfather III will get that

Archived