Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Jeff Schlupp signs a new contract with LCFC until June 2019

I wonder how many assists Mahrez would have finished the league with, if all those lovely passes were converted. 

Double figures, easy. The times he'd put balls like that through for people, on an absolute plate. Hoping he's next to sign a new deal. Can imagine he and his agent won't be happy with Jeff getting this, after everyone else getting new deals last season, given I imagine Riyad is probably one of the smallest earners in our first team squad yet one of the biggest assets.

Attacking midfielder, winger, improving full-back? Why are some folk so desperate to put people in boxes?

Schlupp isn't the finished article yet but is a massive asset due to his pace,  attitude, workrate, team ethic and ability to trouble even the best defenders while also being able to recover far quicker than most.

He's a positive player who can create and score goals, has demonstrably shown his commitment to the club and seems entirely willing and determined to improve. It all add ups to a player the boss could consider virtually unique at the club in terms of the range of jobs he can do reasonably reliably.

What the hell do some people want from a youngster who's already done so much to secure our Premiership survival against considerable odds at one time, who's still learning and who's had the experience of just one Premiership season so far? If I were Pearson I'd be absolutely delighted to have his signature secured.        

Wonder if Jeff was made aware of the possibility of Nigel being sacked before signing a long term contract. Would he sign knowing Pearson was getting sacked without knowing who would be replacing him?

Said the club was 'seriously going places'...

Doesn't mention Nigel at all in the interview. Looking forward to continuing working under Nigel etc

Archived