Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

The problem i have is when the thais took over they learnt their lesson from spunking cash with sven and appointed nigel. They said we will no longer just go out a splash the cash we want stability and want the club to self sustain itself.  The days of buying expensive players on expensive wages are gone. 

Nigel came in got rid of the rubbish sven bought on silly money and slowly built a squad on a reasonable budget. One that got us into the prem and ended up with a squad which would have showed a healthy profit if it was sold. 

Now we have come full circle nigel has gone we now seem to have the mentality again of wanting a big name manager who will want big name players on big money even without a manager we have spent 7m on okazaki and bid 13m for austin and 8m for kante 

i was happy building slowly and being safe it felt more of an achievement when we stayed up. But spunking loads of cash and if we ended up going down your back on that slippy road of outcome v income and going back down the portsmouth route :(

By saying this you're the one elevating the conversation to a far more emotive level than anybody else. Nobody should need to go back ten years to a specific tragedy in order to 'gain some perspective'; plenty of things have happened all over the world and in people's private lives to give a constant reminder of the need for perspective.

If we start to quantify emotion and sadness in that way then you'll have to go round telling everyone crying about sport, or films, or a work of art that their sadness would be better off elsewhere. In fact, you'd be great fun when your mates separated from their girlfriends and needed a shoulder to cry on. And why not turn up at funerals and memorial ceremonies? Because there's always another occasion, somewhere, which puts that into perspective. Does September 11th put 7/7 into perspective? Does the Iraq War put 9/11 into perspective? Does the Great War put the Iraq War into perspective?

When you decide it's your job to tell people what they should care, or feel emotional about, then it's hard to know where you stop. Why not just let people feel a bit sad when something goes wrong for their football club? And then, apart from that, also mourn what happened ten years ago if you wish.

Well said. Really winds me up when people try and take the moral high ground over something totally irrelevant.

I wonder if we (the fans) could get him re-instated?

Where's the flipping "Foxes Trust" when you need them??

It's the fans that keep the club alive so it's a real shame that we don't have a say in these decisions. I would love to try and get him re-instated however it would take a lot of other fans to be part of such a movement and sadly that is not something I can see happening.

I dont think there is anyone else better for the job. This club, the players and the fans have grown as a unit with Pearson in charge. Look at the atmosphere in the last few home games. He has been such a big influence at this club since 2008, come on vichai and top, get him back! Make up, you know it makes sense! 

Of course there is.  Unless you think that Nigel Pearson is the best manager in the world.  

I wonder if we (the fans) could get him re-instated?

Where's the flipping "Foxes Trust" when you need them??

Hopefully they are keeping their nose out of where it doesn't belong.  And the answer to your question is "no".

This thread is soul destroying. How could it all fall apart this way?

We've peaked now haven't we? This is the beginning of the end. :(

I think we probably have peaked for now. Shame, because we were really onto something, and I was convinced we'd have at least another couple of good seasons before the inevitable slide back to mediocrity (I expected NP would eventually be poached by a bigger club).

Looking at the options for a replacement fills me with dread. Out of the realistic ones, it's all either big names who are past it and won't be a good fit for the squad, or woefully underqualified for the job.

I predict a frustrating season, with no Roy of the Rovers ending this time.

It's the fans that keep the club alive so it's a real shame that we don't have a say in these decisions. I would love to try and get him re-instated however it would take a lot of other fans to be part of such a movement and sadly that is not something I can see happening.

No, it is the owners finances that keep any club alive.  And it is not in any way a shame that businessmen are running our club.

Unlikely me thinks. As is getting anyone as good or better.

oh FFS.  You cannot be serious.  Surely?  There is nobody out there better than Pearson whom we could attract?  If that really was the case it would be beyond sad.  But it isn't/

I don’t agree. I think he’s offered some good insight. The scenario Moxley described sounds quite likely to have been what happened.

As the Manager of the club you would expect Pearson to have commented on the scandal by now. I reckon the Thais told him he had to make a statement which condemned the actions of all 3 players… and Pearson told them to FOAD.

By now though I reckon the Thais must be regretting their decision... They must realise that they are jepodizing everything that they've worked for over the past four years.

Is it too late now for them all to kiss and make up…?

lol  lol  lol  - A comic in our midst!

Unfortunately English football fans these days just seem to except all that is thrown at them and just except decisions, policies taken by their football clubs without a wimper ( well maybe start a petition ) .... Its a whole lot different on the continent say in Italy, Spain, German, Greece, France etc etc ... We have sold our football soul in this country with all our top clubs and clubs like us going to foreign ownership....

Domestic owners (Newcastle, Glasgow Rangers) are no guarantee of good stewardship.  And foreign owners (Chelsea, Man City) are not necessarily bad.  

But it's just easier to blanketly group all foreign owners as one.

Domestic owners (Newcastle, Glasgow Rangers) are no guarantee of good stewardship.  And foreign owners (Chelsea, Man City) are not necessarily bad.  

But it's just easier to blanketly group all foreign owners as one.

The point is not whether the owners are good bad ...... We have sold off our footballing heritage and continue to do so......

oh FFS.  You cannot be serious.  Surely?  There is nobody out there better than Pearson whom we could attract?  If that really was the case it would be beyond sad.  But it isn't/

Based on the bookmakers list;

Guus Hiddink - Fair enough, good CV, can't argue with it too much, I have my reservations though, coupled with the fact he is getting on, not really gonna have too much of a future with us, not long term and stinks of Sven MK2. Better than Pearson? Given my latter reason probably on a parr with a big potential of being worse.

Neil Lennon - No, just no, I don't think I need to explain myself on this one.

Jurgen Klopp - The only option for me, unlikely? Highly unlikely, but the owners have to persue him, atleast give him a phone call, if they don't I seriously question their ambition.

Steve Cotterill - Erm..... :unsure:

Martin O'Neill - See Guus Hiddink.

Claudio Ranieri - See Guss Hiddink.

Roberto Di Matteo  - Yeah, I'd probably take him although i've always thought of him abit hit or miss, did well in the lower leagues, did well at Chelsea (But that's a different kettle of fish really isn't it?!), didn't do anything amazing at West Brom did he? (Could be wrong).

And after that the odds are quite high.

So on a whole in the list of 7, there are 2 names i'd take, Klopp who is highly unlikely and Di Matteo who i'd have slight concerns about.

Of course there are better managers than Pearson out there, who we could attract? Who knows. Doubt it.

At the end of the day though we've been doing fantastic under Pearson with progression every year under him, there was as far as i'm concerned no need to rock the boat, if the owners come out and explain their reasons then that opinion might change but until then I can't support the current situation and 'want' anyone else to come in, the list, the favourites certainly don't excite or inspire me, far from it.

Anyone on the last (barr Klopp) is on a parr or worse than Pearson.

So out of interest, who is better than Pearson, who we could attract in your opinion?

Archived