Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc_ben

Will we hear Nigel's story?

I backed Nige when most of you wanted him gone this season.

I thought he would keep us up when most had given up.

I would also have liked him here another season.

But he is now gone as long as our owners pick the right man whats it matter.

At the begining of April only a few of us wanted him why now do 90% want him after you slagged him and wanted him gone.

As much as I trusted in Nige sorry if he has backed his son for what he did Nige is wrong.

Any player (forget the racest comment) that thinks what they did was ok is wrong.

Had the other 2 said slit eye is wrong I may have backed them.

After a break up with his partner my son stayed with me for a weekend he got pissed and abused a barmaid (verbal) I dragged him out and made him apologise.

And before you ask yes I would have punched him he was out of order.

Drunk and pissed off is no excuse so they have none in my book.

Niether does Nige if he has supported his son after what he did.

Sorry Nige.

I know! So embarrassing being loyal to a man that has brought us so much success

yeah we dont employ any coaches, no assistant manager, no director of football, pearson paid for all the costs of the squad including the very handsome promotion bonuses.

sorry for my mistake.

oh and I almost forgot he written of that 100m debt so we had the flexibility to sign players like huth.

yeah we dont employ any coaches, no assistant manager, no director of football, pearson paid for all the costs of the squad including the very handsome promotion bonuses.

sorry for my mistake.

oh and I almost forgot he written of that 100m debt so we had the flexibility to sign players like huth.

Love how everyone kisses the owners arses for writing off 100m worth of debt, conveniently forgetting that it was their complete ineptitude in running this club that got us so badly in debt in the first place.

And also; 'the flexibility to sign players like Huth' - **** me, is £3m the peak of Premier League spending to you?

sorry for my mistake.

I don't see how that's relevant to the point that Pearson's "brought us so much success".

Stupid I'd say.

His son got himself in the mess he should take whatever consequences happened afterwards.

This, if James Pearson wasn't thick enough land himself in hot water to begin with, then it's apparent we wouldn't be in this mess. 

Love how everyone kisses the owners arses for writing off 100m worth of debt, conveniently forgetting that it was their complete ineptitude in running this club that got us so badly in debt in the first place.

And also; 'the flexibility to sign players like Huth' - **** me, is £3m the peak of Premier League spending to you?

So it's the owners fault when it goes wrong, but nothing to do with them when it goes well? Seems fair.

Some of that debt was also built up paying the wages of the players who got us promoted and making the infrastructure improvements that we still benefit from today.

sorry for my mistake.

Hmmmmm interesting response

I'm still gutted about the departure of Nigel and the situation is continuing to feel very surreal. I thought I'd ask you if you think he will break his silence on the matter soon and if so what do you believe he will say? 

He will say " feck off and die."

I've heard from a couple of the staff at the training ground that the players and staff are shocked by what has happened, and no one is giving anything away. They do however have hope that this story isnt yet finished, and pearson has spoken to the owners constantly since his sacking. He has also been speaking to the fitness and coaching staff, giving them advice on preparations for the season, and transfer targets. Make of that what you will, but I think there is a possibility the club is about to do a big U-turn and get the big man back! 

So it's the owners fault when it goes wrong, but nothing to do with them when it goes well? Seems fair.

Some of that debt was also built up paying the wages of the players who got us promoted and making the infrastructure improvements that we still benefit from today.

Well that's the criteria for Pearson from most of his detractors on here, isn't it standard practice?

The debt accrued post-Sven from signings like Knoackaert, Mahrez, Morgan, Vardy et al pales into insignificance when you look at some of the catestrophic spending that went on before that - we probably ended up paying more for Matt Mills alone than the four players I mentioned.

Despite what you think, this isn't actually a criticism of the owners - I'm pleased they did the right thing and cleared up their mess, I just don't think we should all be falling over ourselves to praise them for it. It's like someone smashing your window and then offering to pay for the damage - great, that's the least you can do, you break it, you pay for it.

I've heard from a couple of the staff at the training ground that the players and staff are shocked by what has happened, and no one is giving anything away. They do however have hope that this story isnt yet finished, and pearson has spoken to the owners constantly since his sacking. He has also been speaking to the fitness and coaching staff, giving them advice on preparations for the season, and transfer targets. Make of that what you will, but I think there is a possibility the club is about to do a big U-turn and get the big man back! 

I laughed, i cried. It moved me, Bob.

I'd disagree with that. Got a lot of non-Leicester mates as I'm living in London. Every single one of them has been of the opinion 'he had to go'. Personally I thought a lot of the PR gaffes like the ostrich situation were fairly embarrassing for the club. Despite the football success he has brought us I would agree that as a person he comes across as a bit of a weapon (whether he is or not in real life I don't know and is also irrelevant to the point).

Can pretty much guarantee that if it was someone like Dyche making these gaffes at another club the opinion on here would be a lot less forgiving.

I completely agree with everything in the quoted post. If Nige opposed the decision to sack the three players then I am glad the club got rid. Would have been an unforgivable position.

Does that really matter though? Honestly? We've seen more of Leicester than them, and most Leicester fans disagree with them.

I wouldn't expect West ham fans to give a crap about what I thought of their manager.

The media have done a great job of turning people against him. Suppose that's what you get when you don't rim them (Sherwood) and do have a tendency to do odd things (in fairness).

Speaking of Sherwood, where are people calling him arrogant? He's a thousand times as arrogant as Pearson.

Too many people have absolutely no pride in this club. Not aimed at you here but it just seems like whatever the consensus is amongst most people we should adhere to what they believe (or have been brainwashed into believing by the media).

Perish the thought. Your post has just ruined my evening!  :sweating:  :(

Archived