Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Stadium Works

What's all this about a 'running track'? Is it literally a running track around the pitch? And are goals go to be further away or closer to the pitch?

More bothered about that than the branding ffs

Don't know about a running track. From how I understand it, the grass has been extended however the goals remain in the same place, therefore being further away from the crowd.

Don't know about a running track. From how I understand it, the grass has been extended however the goals remain in the same place, therefore being further away from the crowd.

Surely if the goals are still in the same place and the seats are in the same place then they are still the same distance from the crowd... :unsure:

Don't know about a running track. From how I understand it, the grass has been extended however the goals remain in the same place, therefore being further away the same distance from the crowd.

Sorted that for you mate.

Sorted that for you mate.

Well it depends how you look at it. From the actual stand yes, but I presume the concrete path at the bottom where people stand will be shrunk/further back. Is it width or just length that has been extended? More grass behind the goal may give the effect of being further away, even if we're not.

There has been an extension to the pitch with the length being increased from 100m to 105m to comply with premier league ruling

An artificial grass running track has been installed as it is a rugby World Cup requirement

Well it depends how you look at it. From the actual stand yes, but I presume the concrete path at the bottom where people stand will be shrunk/further back. Is it width or just length that has been extended? More grass behind the goal may give the effect of being further away, even if we're not.

It really doesn't - if the goals are staying in the same place, and the stands are staying in the same place, then the distance from the crowd to the goals remains the same - what's in between the two makes no difference.

It really doesn't - if the goals are staying in the same place, and the stands are staying in the same place, then the distance from the crowd to the goals remains the same - what's in between the two makes no difference.

Well as I just said, I can only presume the concourse at the bottom where people like to stand and watch the warm up etc will have to have been moved back/shrunk to fit the track in. So for them, they will be slightly further back (not that it really matters). I said the distance from the stand hadn't changed in the exact post you just quoted.

Well as I just said, I can only presume the concourse at the bottom where people like to stand and watch the warm up etc will have to have been moved back/shrunk to fit the track in. So for them, they will be slightly further back (not that it really matters). I said the distance from the stand hadn't changed in the exact post you just quoted.

Have you ever actually seen someone stood at the bottom in front of the stands watching the warm up? Because I'm certain I've never seen that happen. Still, given that strip doesn't get used and the stands are still the same distance, you're not further from the goals. There's no "depends on how you look at it", it's simply incorrect. 

Have you ever actually seen someone stood at the bottom in front of the stands watching the warm up? Because I'm certain I've never seen that happen. Still, given that strip doesn't get used and the stands are still the same distance, you're not further from the goals. There's no "depends on how you look at it", it's simply incorrect.

They do in the west stand, not sure it's allowed anywhere else.

You must sit there with your eyes closed then because there are always people stood by the pitch all the way along in front of the west stand before the game and during half time. It's not incorrect at all. For them, they will be stood further away from the actual football pitch if the advertisement boards have been pushed closer to the stands. For people in the stands during the actual match, the distance will remain the same. At the end of the day, it is quite insignificant. Who really cares?

They could smarten up the exterior of the stadium by putting a "wrap" from the steel (of the roof) to the breezeblock turnstile section below, similar to the ribbon effect used at the Olympic Stadium during the 2012 games (but now removed). Blue and white alternate vertical ribbons twisted would look a million times better than it does now.

Just had a wander up to pitch side through those emergency vehicle doors, a Londoner took me in, the whole lots being changed, signs, king power logos, frieze everything and all painted a new shade of blue.

If it's done for Saturday it will be a miracle were his words.

Includes the new logo, so assuming they are permanent.

Not sure why they couldn't just replace the sections with the King Power logo.

Which they'll have to cover up for the Rugby, surely?

Guest CityFan 06

For all the seats to have a new repaint of blue would be great if there's enough time ahead of the season.

Archived