Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Stadium Works

We are not allowed to narrow or widen the pitch due to league regulations although we have extended it length ways by 5 yards as we was too short

Is that right? I thought there was a range you could be within. Not all pitches are the exact same size, are they?

Is that right? I thought there was a range you could be within. Not all pitches are the exact same size, are they?

Nope There is no longer a range hasn't been for a few seasons now, all pitches need to be 105m x 68m unless construction of ground does not allow it

Surprised by that, surely a few grounds in the PL can't abide (promoted teams??)

Have found the regulations

K.15.

Unless otherwise permitted by the Board, in League Matches the length of the pitch shall be 105 metres and its breadth 68 metres.

K.16.

The Board shall only give permission to a Club for the dimensions of its pitch to be other than as set out in Rule K.15 if it is impossible for it to comply with Rule K.15 due to the nature of the construction of its Stadium.

Yeah there's a range, I'm sure Stoke used to change there pitch depending on who they were playing when Delap was playing

Only time they shortened the width was when they were in the Europa cup/league games to help his throws, in the Prem they had to go back wider again hence you got tram lines on either side of the pitch while they were in Europe.

The lines they weren't using were then painted a different colour blue or green iirc.

Archived