Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

FFS.

1 week in charge

ITS ALL RENIERIS FAULT. RANIERI OUT. LETS DRESS RANIERI UP LIKE NIGEL PEARSON AND LICK THE DOG SHIT OFF HIS SHOES FOR HIM.

ZZZ.

Based on the assumption that he's not going to Stoke or Palace, I'm not surprised. More surprising was that we managed to get him in the first place.

It's an odd situation in that, given the unlikely and dramatic nature of our survival, that next season could be a lot less exciting even if we actually do better.

Cambiasso has proved that he's not just still got something to give at the top level, he excels there. I don't think it reflects badly on Leicester that he isn't signing again.

I'd probably do the same in his position. Actually, no I wouldn't, because I'm the sort of person that would rather piss themselves than give up a seat in the pub once I've got one, but you get my point

I generally try not to be critical of off the pitch decisions because there's so much "crystal balling" involved but this really worries me.

Pearson leaving left a bad taste in my mouth but overall I get the decision.  We lost the stability and cohesion he brought but there's hope we can go forwards not backwards.  With Esteban gone we are left with a huge huge hole in the team.  The guy was a class above and if people want to sugar coat it and pretend he wouldn't have had an influence this year or be missed then it's pretty delusional.

A club our size does not replace the package he brought to the club with one signing.  I can't help but think we just haven't done enough to keep him (but then we'll never know what goes on behind closed doors).  I find it quite interesting that he says he made a decision within 24 hours, as if to say "contrary to all the ****** tweeting my brother, I've not been sat on an offer for two months".

It's going to be really interesting to see where he goes.  Abroad is fine, but if he stays in the Premier League (he's not going top 6 let's face it) then Rudkin et al. have seriously f'ked up.  I really rate Drinkwater and James, but our midfield now has a huge hole - here's hoping Claudio pulls something out the bag, but all the enthusiasm has been sucked out of me this pre-season.

Any one that was at the QPR game surely could see that as a goodbye he was even brought off with a few minutes to go, he will go down as a great memory, I don't think he was ever going to sign on again which is a shame, all of the rumours he was signing and wasn't was just all Twitter Chinese whispers that the press spun into a story. Now let's move and on and trust in our new manager, we still have Walsh in the background and I'm sure we will replace the hole left by CB. How good he was at the end of the season he went missing a lot in our poor run just like the others let's not forget that!

Gutted. Time to step up the negotiations with the CMs we are linked with.

At least he turned us down now rather than seeing the bald headed one in some other team's shirt.He's done, Italy, Spain and England. Off to the MLS? I think he's too good for that.

Chances of a reverse Delph?

It's like when you're out and you know you're a solid 6, maybe even a 7 if you get the right threads and a decent hair cut. Then you manage to pull a 10, no doubt about it, yeah a little bit older and brings that bit of experience you are craving but an out and out 10 and she's picked you.

If you're honest with yourself, you know it's not going to last forever and others will always sniff around, but you just have to enjoy the ride while it lasts. It hurts when she walks out the door but remember since having her you are in a better position to pick up future 9s and 10s.

You may now consider yourself a 7 but you also have that little bit of magic and experience the 10 has given you.

Now she has said her goodbyes, you just pray she doesn't end up with someone you know and you have to are her at other events or coming over to your place with her new love.

Perfect analogy.

As someone else said, we were being pissed about by him and his entourage last close season as well. There was a danger that the existing players might be getting pissed off with a guy who obviously views himself as too special for us. Yes he done good last season - maybe we were the only ones in the Prem who were prepared to offer him a job. Now let's get a bit of perspective - He isn't bigger than the club, he should have given us an answer sooner and at least he will not be sitting in our dressing room thinking he is above everyone else. Thanks Esteban but now you can foxtrot oscar. It was Leicester City who gave you your chance, don't ever forget that.

If you do go to Villa or West Ham I really hope you get relegated.

At the start of last season he was saying it's a dream to play in the premier league and it's always been his ambition.

If he doesn't sign for a Prem club, and obviously I hope he doesn't, I find it strange that he'd be so desperate to play in the Prem one year, yet the next he's not interested in it anymore.

Maybe it wasn't everything he thought it would be.

The bow he did after scoring against qpr said it all tbh gutted he has gone but the club moves on so do i. Granted i never got to see him play due to working away most of last season but oh well its only a game

You're right. He really did say from the outset it was only probably for a year anyway. We're lucky he did....

Best player last season by far. Big loss.

However, if he doesn't want to play for us then I bid him farewell. Not gonna lose sleep

Gutted. If Pearson was still here I think he would have signed again.

Never. Ridiculous speculative comment. Get over the Pearson thing

Archived