Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

#overratedEsteban

Let's get this right,, his stats for the season with us were nothing to suggest all this attention.. Changing our shape and attitudes saved out season not Esteban.. Huth and albrighton if any individuals made an impact..I watched nearly every minute of every game last season and Esteban wasn't the player everyone suggests. Just seems the fans get a bit carried away by a name(s) and don't actually watch or understand football

Absolute bo***cks. As one poster has just mentioned, his attitude, talking on the pitch and leadership had just as big an impact, if not more than those players, who in their own right, did have brilliant seasons and were 2 of our best players. Did you actually watch Cambiasso play? Even when he didn't have the ball, his positioning of himself and those around us helped change the way we played. I wont get carried away as we can replace him, but you cant say he hasn't been one of the most influential players to have donned the shirt for us.

I just did :)

Your argument is skewed slightly, I can agree he has leadership quality but clearly another weakness of the old management team not to inspire enough of there other 20 odd players.. Cambiasso did the simple things well simple as that ...

Absolute bo***cks. As one poster has just mentioned, his attitude, talking on the pitch and leadership had just as big an impact, if not more than those players, who in their own right, did have brilliant seasons and were 2 of our best players. Did you actually watch Cambiasso play? Even when he didn't have the ball, his positioning of himself and those around us helped change the way we played. I wont get carried away as we can replace him, but you cant say he hasn't been one of the most influential players to have donned the shirt for us.

If he goes to West Ham or any other Premier League, what sort of message does that send about his feelings towards Ranieri as a manager? Maybe he wants to live in London, but he could live in London and still play for Leicester.

It's a huge hole to fill, not only in terms of him as a player but the fact that he spent 90 minutes of every game organising, motivating, telling people to calm down and even arguing with goal line technology.

It's always hard losing a very good player, but the problem is in this instance is that it's going to be pretty much impossible to find a similar replacement. He was a one off.

Trying to think positively, if we can get someone in to play in that deep role with the 'Makelele' qualities we are seeking and another midfielder with Esteban's creativity and range of passing, then we'll be fine. Of course, that is easier said then done.

Yes but let's not get carried away, he was a class act but just a bigger cog in the wheel, what about the form (results) after Man U.

The Huth singing for me is as important,

Let's just hope one of the young French midfielders linked are signed as we massively need an midfield engine that reads the game and has the legs to cover

#overratedEsteban

Let's get this right,, his stats for the season with us were nothing to suggest all this attention.. Changing our shape and attitudes saved out season not Esteban.. Huth and albrighton if any individuals made an impact..I watched nearly every minute of every game last season and Esteban wasn't the player everyone suggests. Just seems the fans get a bit carried away by a name(s) and don't actually watch or understand football

I'm not agreeing with this, he is not overrated, but I guess the love for him is very slightly magnified by his legendary status and the fact he chose to play for us .Plus his personality and will to win was infectious.

He was our best player last season though. No question.

I'm not agreeing with this, he is not overrated, but I guess the love for him is very slightly magnified by his legendary status and the fact he chose to play for us .Plus his personality and will to win was infectious.

He was our best player last season though. No question.

not questioning his "legendary stautus"  But was he really that great for us ?? i think not,,,was he really our player of the year?? debatable, in the top 5 yes……is he easily replaced ??? yes, given that we now have CR and the boards backing..

was he the fans player of the the year or the players ?

#overratedEsteban

Hahahahahaha

Hahahahahaha

Hahahahahaha

Brilliant. Top banter there my friend. Cheered me up. 

Oh wait............. You're serious!?

May the lord have mercy on your soul. I pity you my good sir. 

#overratedEsteban

Clueless

Shame BUT it is vital the club move quickly in the transfer market because the midfield last night will be slaughtered  in the prem.The only thing i am unsure of is when he claims we only made him an offer 24hrs ago ???

At least qwerty came out and apologised that he got it wrong. I have trusted his info previously which has always been spot on. Will have to air on the side of caution in future

I don't think EC has done us any favours here. He could have told us from day one. Now every agent and club knows we are after a similar player to him which will increase prices and salary demands

If he goes to another premier league team then he really does go down in my estimations,

He may have done a lot for us but who gave him the chance to play in the premier league when everybody else was writing him off? And who shown him all the live etc I can't see another premier league team giving him all of that to be honest. I bet West Ham fans don't even want him

I never studied the games as much as some but it seemed the recovery was stemmed first by a slight change in style and formation and the confidence booster of a win. All players played a part as did Pearson, Walsh and Shakespeare. Yes Cambiasso played an important part as a leader on the pitch but someone had to and no other player stepped forward for the role. He will be a loss but he is at the age where he would be considering his post playing football career. Would he want to play or be selected in the majority of games? He said he made his decision a short time after an offer being made. Some uestion this but maybe Raneiri proposal was different to an original one and was not so enticing. Ranieri may have had different ideas of playing him regular and was looking for a replacement anyway. Cambiasso may not have wanted a mainly sub role which could have been in the new proposal.

At least qwerty came out and apologised that he got it wrong. I have trusted his info previously which has always been spot on. Will have to air on the side of caution in future

I don't think EC has done us any favours here. He could have told us from day one. Now every agent and club knows we are after a similar player to him which will increase prices and salary demands

Qwerty did the same last pre season so I would not listen to him again

Qwerty did the same last pre season so I would not listen to him again

He obviously get some information though. He called the first Pearson sacking and reinstatement and called a number of signings last year

All I'm saying is we should push him away from posting what he's heard, regardless if it's accurate or not

It was the bargain of the season getting Cambiasso on a free, and he's repaid us with an outstanding season.

Thank you Esteban, not just for your quality on the pitch but for your humbleness. Now we move on knowing he's taught a few of our players a thing or two, and we can use that for the coming season.

Just read the depressing news. 

:banghead:

Why am I thinking "Ranieri 0 Pearson 1"?

Can we just rewind and make Cambiasso player/manager. I don't care if that's naive. Just bring him back Top.

Just read the depressing news. 

:banghead:

Why am I thinking "Ranieri 0 Pearson 1"?

Can we just rewind and make Cambiasso player/manager. I don't care if that's naive. Just bring him back Top.

So it's Ranieris fault even though Cambiasso had a month to sign under Pearson at the end of the season? FFS.

#RANIERIOUT

I'm pretty sure he had his fair share of pursuers in Italy, the US and his native Argentina (or even Brazil).

Just because you didn't read about it in (English) papers at the time, doesn't mean there were no offers on the table.

You don't understand the context of what I said. I was saying that Leicester were the only Premier League club to offer him the opportunity to play in the league he wanted to play in. I have no clue where other European Leagues comes into it. What are you on?

So it's Ranieris fault even though Cambiasso had a month to sign under Pearson at the end of the season? FFS.

#RANIERIOUT

I can't make excuses, reasons or explanations why he didn't sign in the month Pearson was still here but the fact it was reported that it depended on who the new manager is, I think that says alot.

Bearing in mind their reported bust up at Inter together and him being subbed to sit on the bench crying and sobbing (although as I've said think that was more down the fans booing) but it has substance that Ranieri/Cambiasso have an issue with each other.

Archived