Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

I posted in transfers section a long time ago to say he wasn't staying before Pearsons sacking.

Yes, that's the posting part. Still doesn't explain why you claim to knew about it beforehand and how that all came about.

If he ends up at another PL club it will be very hard to take, especially if it's not someone much better than us. Villa or West Ham would be horrid. I could nearly stomach a big club but still it would hurt and bewilder. Please just go to MLS or retire. Gutted.

Also any spud of a fan who really thinks we only offered him our first contract offer yesterday. Please smear yourself in fish paste and throw yourself in to a piranha tank. Are you being serious?

I'm a massive baldy fan, so am totally gutted.

However.

Our midfield (central) is absolute doggo on paper, I know as City players we feel loyalty to them and we grow to like them and we think they play alright football, but seriously, the likes of Drinky and King are doggo for premiership players. Couldn't see them getting in any other team barring the bottom 3. We needed vast improvements regardless of whether Cambiasso had stayed or not.

Ok look I'm pleased that this depressing saga has finally concluded.

Esteban wanted to experience the premier league and he did an excellent job for us and was  essential in keeping us up.

However, he's done us absolutely no favours whatsoever. If he had no intention of singning he could have advised the club along time ago, it was quite obvious that the only reason he would have stayed would be if no one else would pay his huge wages and keeping us hanging as a backup option was incredibly disrespectful. I would say that the only reason we have this announcement is because Claudio pushed him for an answer. He like all of us were incredibly fed up with waiting for his decision.

If his wish was for a new challenge and he goes to Turkey then good for him. But if he turns up at West Ham, it would be a move motivated purely by money and the greed of the agent/brother and that diminishes him for me.

Oh yes and lets not forget the discredited ITK's who have been peddaling crap to us on here and twitter.

It's like when you're out and you know you're a solid 6, maybe even a 7 if you get the right threads and a decent hair cut. Then you manage to pull a 10, no doubt about it, yeah a little bit older and brings that bit of experience you are craving but an out and out 10 and she's picked you.

If you're honest with yourself, you know it's not going to last forever and others will always sniff around, but you just have to enjoy the ride while it lasts. It hurts when she walks out the door but remember since having her you are in a better position to pick up future 9s and 10s.

You may now consider yourself a 7 but you also have that little bit of magic and experience the 10 has given you.

Now she has said her goodbyes, you just pray she doesn't end up with someone you know and you have to are her at other events or coming over to your place with her new love.

This hurts as a fan as it was nice to have a legend everyone knew in our squad.

A mate of mine text me earlier with an interesting take.

He said, the last time he felt like this was when It became inevitable that Muzzy was about to leave. Muzzy is a legend for this club. However, the season before his departure he dragged us to the premiership playing a pretty average team. Yes, the players in that team did fabulous over the season but Muzzy took us from a good team to a very good team for the league that season. When he left it took us ten years to find a midfield player of any sort of quality.

To try and put positive light on this - Esteban's departure is not going to have the same impact as Muzzy's (I hope!) given the better standard of players we have - we can replace him. Probably not for one like for like signing but maybe two or three to perform when neccesary.

It still feels like a kick in the balls though!

It's like when you're out and you know you're a solid 6, maybe even a 7 if you get the right threads and a decent hair cut. Then you manage to pull a 10, no doubt about it, yeah a little bit older and brings that bit of experience you are craving but an out and out 10 and she's picked you.

If you're honest with yourself, you know it's not going to last forever and others will always sniff around, but you just have to enjoy the ride while it lasts. It hurts when she walks out the door but remember since having her you are in a better position to pick up future 9s and 10s.

You may now consider yourself a 7 but you also have that little bit of magic and experience the 10 has given you.

Now she has said her goodbyes, you just pray she doesn't end up with someone you know and you have to are her at other events or coming over to your place with her new love.

Couldn't have summed it up any better

I honestly don't think we have a prem quality centre mid in the squad at the minute. Being genuine. Drinky could have been good but seriously, no matter how much people like Kingy on here, he ain't top half material and Hammond is questionable too. It's a pretty grim situation in my opinion, need to go out shopping, and quick.

I honestly don't think we have a prem quality centre mid in the squad at the minute. Being genuine. Drinky could have been good but seriously, no matter how much people like Kingy on here, he ain't top half material and Hammond is questionable too. It's a pretty grim situation in my opinion, need to go out shopping, and quick.

You mean panic buy?

You mean panic buy?

No, I don't mean panic buy, I mean we should be doing more to get those players in who we have (or 100% definitely should have been) targetting for well over a season.

Esteban was never going to last forever. There shoud be targets, at the minute it looks like we are losing a few deals based on the purse strings. I don't want us going spending willy nilly but **** me should we be splitting hairs over a few quid still? Good players cost good money.

Guest Col city fan

Everything at club seems pretty depressing at the moment. Nothing feels good anymore. Claudio needs to spend some serious wedge on some quality players now, otherwise we're going down.

Based on what?

Are you around the club and now how the players are feeling?

And why are we suddenly going to be relegated?

Very sad he's not staying, probably one of the main reasons we stayed last year. I wonder if Claudio offered him the captaincy? He was probably more of a leader rather than Morgan and no respect to Wes.

I'd be very sad if he was to sign for another premier league, it is said his wife wants to move down south. If that's the case, then I can see him turning up at West Ham. Things crossed he'll go aboard. 

Thank you Esteban for everything and wish you all the best.

On Leicester for me we need to spend big on a replacement, instead of bidding 12million on another striker, we need to look at a midfield with some quality. 

Everything at club seems pretty depressing at the moment. Nothing feels good anymore. Claudio needs to spend some serious wedge on some quality players now, otherwise we're going down.  an

Poppycock.

Gutted.

Great to see Ranieri can attract players he's worked with before. Wounder if Estaban's decision would have been different if NP was still here

FFS.

1 week in charge

ITS ALL RENIERIS FAULT. RANIERI OUT. LETS DRESS RANIERI UP LIKE NIGEL PEARSON AND LICK THE DOG SHIT OFF HIS SHOES FOR HIM.

ZZZ.

Archived