Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

Remember the summer before the 13/14 promotion campaign? The summer signings of Bakayogo, Hammond and Miquel (loan) didn't exactly puncture the air of disappointment from Watford.

In fact most of the forum were calling for Pearson's head over summer.

I distinctly remember the match thread on the opening day of the season when the side was announced. 'Drinkwater?' 'Vardy?' What are they doing in the team? They bagged one each and we never looked back.

Not all is as it seems. We have no idea how well prepared the team is/will be by kick-off. Funny how short our memories are as football fans.

Absolutely. ....spot.....on

Guest MattP

Will you cheer if he scores?

I don't get it.

Remember the summer before the 13/14 promotion campaign? The summer signings of Bakayogo, Hammond and Miquel (loan) didn't exactly puncture the cloud of disappointment lingering over the forum post Watford.

No they weren't, it was the same numpties who were always calling for Pearson's head who were calling for his over that summer, they never went away.

I remember the signing of Hammond being pretty well received, most people thought it was a very decent experienced head coming in who had already done the business of going up with Southampton.

I don't get it.

No they weren't, it was the same numpties who were always calling for Pearson's head who were calling for his over that summer, they never went away.

I remember the signing of Hammond being pretty well received, most people thought it was a very decent experienced head coming in who had already done the business of going up with Southampton.

Whether or not the signing of Hammond was well received, the overarching theme coming from the forum was that we hadn't added enough to a team that was widely judged as not being good enough. We had ended the previous season terribly and there were doubts surrounding the team's ability to challenge at the top. 

It was all doom and gloom because we apparently hadn't added where it was necessary. In reality, we barely added to the team at all - Hammond was a squad player - and yet pretty much the same team broke records as we swept the league aside.

What I'm getting at is don't believe the hype. We could have a good season, we could have a bad season, but as far as I'm concerned the picture the forum paints over pre-season is neither here nor there. Remember how optimistic we were with all the signings coming in under Martin Allen? That ended well...

Guest MattP

Most people were still predicting us to finish in the play offs though that season despite the fact we hadn't added too much to the squad.

The worry you are seeing now is because this pre season reminds us of a very recent one where things (to say the least) didn't go well at all. We all hope it will ok and all the transitions will be smooth but it's impossible to expect people to just be completely excited and totally trusting when we've lost our best manager since MON and our player of the season in the last month.

i would be surprised if he goes to west ham considering they pretty much mugged him off before coming to us last time round?

As a few have mentioned, Just happy he played in a leicester shirt for a year. Just wish we would sort out the midfield now with all these names floating about and gerr im in with some!!!!

:thumbup:

Babylon can be a moody so and so...

lol

But he remains one of the most sensible posters on this forum.

Along with Fanazer and Bobby Weasel, probably my favourite posters.

Bob Weasel lol lol

I've never saw him contribute anything to a conversation apart from "I agree, good post buddy"

:thumbup:

Babylon can be a moody so and so...

lol

But he remains one of the most sensible posters on this forum.

miss-piggy-moi.jpg

I've never seen you as moody in the slightest, Babylon. I'm far moodier than you are, and as for Col City Fan....well, is that his photo you've posted there?  :ph34r:

No, I see you more as a cross between Woodrow "The Voice of Reason" Wyatt and a fish pedicure.

You offer blunt common sense while nibbling your way through the forum, eliminating all the dead skin with which it is so often clogged, like a high-value, beneficial piranha.

To be honest I would be ****ing fuming if he signed for West Ham, he has no guarantee of starting there and we gave him the opportunity when they didn't want too.

All this stuff about what a great club LCFC is bollocks if he stays in England.

To be honest I would be ****ing fuming if he signed for West Ham, he has no guarantee of starting there and we gave him the opportunity when they didn't want too.

All this stuff about what a great club LCFC is bollocks if he stays in England.

Exactly I would hate him for it

I remember some clapping Mills and Beckford, imagine doing that then booing Cambiasso for daring to take a different offer.

Remember when Hume returned for Barnsley and 90% of the ground were singing his name lol

Guest LCFC_World

If he stays in the Premier League I will lose a lot of respect for him. If he goes to a mid table around us like Villa I will lose ALL respect for him.

Guest MattP

Bet he is really thinking about his move now, wouldn't want to make a move where you go from hero to zero or lose the respect of the the Foxestalkers.

Hard to believe what I'm reading.

Bet he is really thinking about his move now, wouldn't want to make a move where you go from hero to zero or lose the respect of the the Foxestalkers.

I agree.

He may well retire now and do his coaching badges etc, then have a crap season which would damage his successful playing career.

He could be hated by us and not wanted by the West Ham fans etc if he went there.

Things like that happen in football which for his last possible year of playing football could be a big mistake don't you think?

Archived