Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

I am gutted he wont be back, i was watching the highlights of some last seasons games, the other day, lots the games he was the difference between us winning and not losing I don't say that lightly he was basically all over the pitch setting up goals, scoring goals, making blocks in defence, clearing danger and inspiring other players. I hope we can cope without him and our midfield is looking a bit light weight at the moment and with just over 2 weeks to start of season is looking a bit worrying at the moment, to put it mildly. I also find it a bit worrying that he seemed to have no interest in playing under Ranieri, our thump card to getting him to resign for us?

It's true that the club thought he WAS staying last week. To the point that staff were expectting an announcement. so something changed and given that he must have been broadly happy with the terms we offered him or he would have said something earlier on in negotiations, he must have received a more interesting offer quite late on. One which has caught his imagination.

or he doesn't want to play for CR.

Guess we will know this when we find out exactly where he is going. If it's a top six PL club then fair enough. The lure of Europa league at West Ham? surely not. MLS? Understandable. Even besiktas I can accept.

We have to move on. As good as he still is, we need dynamic younger players in the midfield and we need them bloody quickly!!

IMO, EC will always be a massive hero.

He took a big risk coming here, when we were probably fancied by many outsiders as relegation candidates. How many lesser players, with PL experience turned us down last Summer?

Good luck EC and thanks for the memories and for keepng us up.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

IT was a privilege to have watched Estaban Cambiasso play for the foxes. We will all tell our grand children about it. If we could do it all again we would...even if we knew it was for just one season. The home game against Swansea was brilliant...

As someone else said, we were being pissed about by him and his entourage last close season as well. There was a danger that the existing players might be getting pissed off with a guy who obviously views himself as too special for us. Yes he done good last season - maybe we were the only ones in the Prem who were prepared to offer him a job. Now let's get a bit of perspective - He isn't bigger than the club, he should have given us an answer sooner and at least he will not be sitting in our dressing room thinking he is above everyone else. Thanks Esteban but now you can foxtrot oscar. It was Leicester City who gave you your chance, don't ever forget that.

If you do go to Villa or West Ham I really hope you get relegated.

How pathetic, childish and simply wrong. Leicester gave Esteban his chance? Come on the guy is already a legend in the game. Truth is he is bigger than our small club thats why he is moving on. Show some respect to this world class gentleman because its the last one you will see in a city shirt for a very long time.

dont get me wrong esteban has been a great player worldwide and he did a great job for us last season  but am i the only person that thinks our great escape was more down to the arrival of robert huth and his organising of the defence and solid displays at the back . when he was not here and cambiasso played we still had an amazing amount of defeats. 

@artursteppe

Show some respect and class to a player who showed both qualities in abundance last season. He gave his all, was a model pro and has now moved on and so should we (and I hope we show him our appreciation if he does turn up at the KP in another shirt next season - hard as it may feel).

How pathetic, childish and simply wrong. Leicester gave Esteban his chance? Come on the guy is already a legend in the game. Truth is he is bigger than our small club thats why he is moving on. Show some respect to this world class gentleman because its the last one you will see in a city shirt for a very long time.

Sorry I just didn't realise that their was a queue waiting to sign him last year. I can't actually remember any other team being interested in him. I seem to recall everybody thought we were mad because of his age. Nobody else wanted him! We did and gave him his opportunity to play in the Premier League. Fact. Undeniable fact!!!!!!!

Thank you Esteban! Couldn't believe it, literally, when he signed for us last year and feel privileged to have been able to watch him in a Leicester shirt. Without a doubt the biggest world football legend to have played for our club and I for one am proud to have had him, even just for one year.  

Massive shame - excellent player and I consider myself lucky to have seen him play for our club.

But - he was only every going to be coming back for one more season at the most, so we were always going to have to find a replacement. He's not a massive loss if we can get 1, or hopefully 2, player(s) in that have some real talent. And it'll be a bigger bonus if they're early/mid twenties and not mid thirties.

There was a time on this forum when Cambi was knocked for midfield and forwards skipping by him and him frantically trying to keep up.

He was fantastic at the end run obviously when he, Pearson and the other players got used to him.

I think he gave and we squeezed as much out of him as he/we could, I'm sure he realized that and has another year when the adrenaline of a fresh challenge takes him beyond his 35 years.

#overratedEsteban

Let's get this right,, his stats for the season with us were nothing to suggest all this attention.. Changing our shape and attitudes saved out season not Esteban.. Huth and albrighton if any individuals made an impact..I watched nearly every minute of every game last season and Esteban wasn't the player everyone suggests. Just seems the fans get a bit carried away by a name(s) and don't actually watch or understand football

Sorry I just didn't realise that their was a queue waiting to sign him last year. I can't actually remember any other team being interested in him. I seem to recall everybody thought we were mad because of his age. Nobody else wanted him! We did and gave him his opportunity to play in the Premier League. Fact. Undeniable fact!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure he had his fair share of pursuers in Italy, the US and his native Argentina (or even Brazil).

Just because you didn't read about it in (English) papers at the time, doesn't mean there were no offers on the table.

Archived