Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

Don't be an ejit, if Pearson was the manager you reckon he would have re-signed Cambiasso straight away.

Pearson was not the be all and end all, Leicester City have had far better managers than him.

Yeah totally agree. 

Bryan Hamilton, David Pleat, Brian Little, Mark McGhee, Peter Taylor, Dave Bassett, Micky Adams, Craig Levein, Rob Kelly, Nigel Worthington, Martin Allen, Gary Megson, Ian Holloway, Paulo Sousa, Sven Goran Eriksson were all FAR better than Nigel Pearson. 

How do you know he rejected their offer? Do you know why he rejected their offer? Why does it have to be about Ranieri, why could it not just be about Pearson leaving?

There are so many unknowns, how anyone can try and pin the blame on anyone is beyond me.

Couldn't agree with this more to be honest.

No point playing the blame game, especially with Ranieri who has been in charge for all of a week. So many quick to right Ranieri off before a ball is even kicked. Yes he might turn out to be the shittest appointment in the clubs history. Then again, he might not.

As for giving him a chance? Really? He was at a massive club that is often in Europe's elite competition to come to us, a newly promoted middle-sized English club If he signs for a top 6 side then maybe we can talk about resurrection but west ham or Besiktas - both are nowhere near the calibre of Inter or Madrid

Hardly a surprise. He seems to be gathering experience to be used in the next stage of his career so coming back here to do something similar again doesn't really fit the bill.

We need to move on anyway, can't be relying on that type of player for too long.

We must have an overabundance of 10-year olds on this forum whose horizon only reaches as far as the last two seasons. :D

I don't understand it. We've clearly not had a better manager since 2000. Prior to that, it could be argued that MON was better, you'd struggle to say he was far better. Then (and it's before my time) it looks like you're stretching back to black and white days before you could argue that any manager was far better.

In 131 years, we've never won the top tier of the Football League/Premier League. Never won the FA Cup. They're two things you could qualify as a manager being far better than Pearson

We have never made any sort of impact in European football. There's something else no one has managed.

What we had was a manager who won League One at first asking, then got a Championship playoff finish with a weak squad. He came back to a butchered squad, first full season back another playoff finish, then won the Championship breaking god knows how many club records along the way, then managed survival against the odds in the Premier League. Then was f***ed off. What the hell more could he have done in his time here? His win ratio pisses all over other former permanent Leicester managers, and he cut no end of overpaid garbage to form a formidable squad that most of us are proud to call our own

Let's hear some arguments to support this supposed glut of former Leicester managers who are far better than Pearson then.

I wonder what the reaction would be to Cambiasso if we went down, I know its a hypothetical situation and he played a major part in the last 10 games but before that he was just a bit better than anybody else.

Maybe its because I wasn't a regular attender last season and only seen him live twice (apart from on TV) but I think people are over-doing the praise. Fantastic player, great attitude but at the end of the day he was only here for one season.

How do you know he rejected their offer? Do you know why he rejected their offer? Why does it have to be about Ranieri, why could it not just be about Pearson leaving?

There are so many unknowns, how anyone can try and pin the blame on anyone is beyond me.

It was confirmed by Sky in Italy that he turned them down in June. Obviously I don't know why he rejected it hence why I asked whether anything else had changed apart from our appointment which would see him consider them again. 

I'm speculating, that's all. There's also been reports that he and Ranieri didn't get on at Inter due to being subbed constantly and selling Motta after he said he'd keep him, but who knows, could all be bollocks and he just wants another challenge. 

Why does something always have to be another persons fault?

God, I mean I liked the bloke and he was a decent player but what he actually did on the pitch now seems to be now talked about in ways I never witnessed with my own eyes.

:thumbup:

Babylon can be a moody so and so...

lol

But he remains one of the most sensible posters on this forum.

Along with Fanazer and Bobby Weasel, probably my favourite posters.

Can't people just be pleased he played for us and played very well in what was a remarkable season without resorting to blame and hate and anger and all that miserable claptrap?

Do you live in Utopia ?

We were privileged to have Cambiasso play for us at all, and that it how it should be remembered. It is ridiculous to wave one's arms around, and point the finger, with no knowledge of the facts, as to why he did not re sign.

He is a great player, and wore our shirt, and that's all I want to have a memory of..

Happy with a one year rental but he's no Leicester Legend. He used us for his own reasons. We benefitted. Now he's off to pastures new having boosted his salary claim for this year.

I would be very disappointed if he went to another Prem club.

I don't understand it. We've clearly not had a better manager since 2000. Prior to that, it could be argued that MON was better, you'd struggle to say he was far better. Then (and it's before my time) it looks like you're stretching back to black and white days before you could argue that any manager was far better.

In 131 years, we've never won the top tier of the Football League/Premier League. Never won the FA Cup. They're two things you could qualify as a manager being far better than Pearson

We have never made any sort of impact in European football. There's something else no one has managed.

What we had was a manager who won League One at first asking, then got a Championship playoff finish with a weak squad. He came back to a butchered squad, first full season back another playoff finish, then won the Championship breaking god knows how many club records along the way, then managed survival against the odds in the Premier League. Then was f***ed off. What the hell more could he have done in his time here? His win ratio pisses all over other former permanent Leicester managers, and he cut no end of overpaid garbage to form a formidable squad that most of us are proud to call our own

Let's hear some arguments to support this supposed glut of former Leicester managers who are far better than Pearson then.

Try working your way through this:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/101582-lcfc-manager-top-ten-rankings/

Some people are very idiot.

I wonder what the reaction would be to Cambiasso if we went down, I know its a hypothetical situation and he played a major part in the last 10 games but before that he was just a bit better than anybody else.

Maybe its because I wasn't a regular attender last season and only seen him live twice (apart from on TV) but I think people are over-doing the praise. Fantastic player, great attitude but at the end of the day he was only here for one season.

Well, when it looked like we were dead and buried someone asked me if it had been worth getting promoted to only finish bottom and be relegated. My reply was yes, because I've got to watch Esteban Cambiasso play week in week out in a Leicester City shirt. So my opinion would have been unchanged if we had have been relegated.

#overratedEsteban

Let's get this right,, his stats for the season with us were nothing to suggest all this attention.. Changing our shape and attitudes saved out season not Esteban.. Huth and albrighton if any individuals made an impact..I watched nearly every minute of every game last season and Esteban wasn't the player everyone suggests. Just seems the fans get a bit carried away by a name(s) and don't actually watch or understand football

Why does harmonious fan appreciation of one player suggest they don’t understand football? Cambiasso is one of the most established players to join Leicester, certainly in my time watching them. People didnt get carried away with them name, or even believe that he can walk on water, instead it was his passion, skill, desire to win and work ethic that won over a lot of the fans. He was a player than nearly everyone at the club could relate to. Whether it was a kids first season watching Leicester seeing him be such an integral part of the run in, someone who has grown up with Cambiasso being at the height of modern football or someone who has been watching the game for years and years, such as my Dad, who was an admirer of his work ethic and professionalism in the modern game. It was all of this and more which accumulated to our fans show of appreciation on the final day.

Football players come and go, and despite my biased appreciation towards what I saw from Cambiasso last season even I thought a few weeks ago 'Maybe its best he leaves on a high'. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve disagreed with Leicester fans over numerous issues, the times I’ve read this forum and sighed at some of the comments. I didn’t find that with the subject of Cambiasso, bar some exceptions.

I can't defend all fans and certainly some of the reactions I have seen to the news are quite alarming, but believe me most, if not all, of our fans didn’t get carried away by the name but by a player who took the club, the fans and our purpose to his heart, its only right we took him to ours.

Guest MattP

For goodness sakes, if he goes to West Ham and plays us at the KP, I hope we don't boo him.

That would be ridiculous. lol

I remember some clapping Mills and Beckford, imagine doing that then booing Cambiasso for daring to take a different offer.

i swear summer's meant to the most optimistic you are as a fan, this undoubtedly has been the worst summer as a leicester fan in my life (only 19) and to my knowledge us as a club

Remember the summer before the 13/14 promotion campaign? The summer signings of Bakayogo, Hammond and Miquel (loan) didn't exactly puncture the cloud of disappointment lingering over the forum post Watford.

In fact most of the forum were calling for Pearson's head over summer.

I distinctly remember the match thread on the opening day of the season when the side was announced. 'Drinkwater?' 'Vardy?' What are they doing in the team? They bagged one each and we never looked back.

Not all is as it seems. We have no idea how well prepared the team is/will be by kick-off. Funny how short our memories are as football fans.

Archived