Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

John rudkin

Our academy does need focusing on. We've invested a lot of time and money to get the best facilities and status but there's very little progression. I dislike Rudkin for numerous reasons and until he goes I think it won't be resolved. Could Chilwell's reluctance to sign a new deal be linked to any of this?

We only got cat 1 status a while back, it's going to take time. But if we don't have the right coaches and setup in place then even that won't help. We do seem to have a fairly poor development rate compared to many, we seem to hold on to players forever. Blyth has never even been close to the first team really, yet he's still kicking about!

Sounds like a lot of Idiakez hard work is being ruined by the other two youth coaches, with a few exceptions. The club seem to have gone quiet on the U21 side as well. I watched their game against Liverpool and they were really awful.

We only got cat 1 status a while back, it's going to take time. But if we don't have the right coaches and setup in place then even that won't help. We do seem to have a fairly poor development rate compared to many, we seem to hold on to players forever. Blyth has never even been close to the first team really, yet he's still kicking about!

Blyth is a strange one, 24 this summer and nowhere near the first team.

I've always assumed he's been kept on to improve the U21 team as we haven't got a striker at youth level as good as him.

A bit like James Pearson who was 23 and was obviously never going to get anywhere neat the first team but we all assumed his Dad was doing him a favour.

There are a few dinosaurs in the pathway between the academy and the clubs first team. They place the emphasis on winning games and as such the level of football is poor by Premier League standards. Football at youth level should be about the development of the players. Yes a winning mentality is important but not at the expense of developing as a complete footballer. A re-structure is needed at U18 and U21 level, Chilwell's possession football comments when he went on loan to Huddersfield were a clear dig at Beaglehole.

These comments make me question why Ranieri can't over rule some of the decisions being made in the youth setup. Surely the manager should have the final say as its his team and the future of his team, not Rudkin?

The quality of football has surprised me as last season I watched quite a few games as I found it quite good, not first team standard but good passing and quick play. This year though I have only watched one or two games as the tactic seems to be don't lose (Shown by how many times we have put 10 men behind the ball when drawing with 10 minutes to go, to still go on and lose it) and hoof it up to Blyth.

Its a shame as well as we have good players in the system like Chilwell, Ndwuku and Keenan King who has been released which I thought strange (Anyone got any inside info on this).

I also remember Choudhury being out of the U21 and U18 at the start of the year, could he have disagreed with the way things are being run?

Jeez I sound like a conspiracy theorist  lol

These comments make me question why Ranieri can't over rule some of the decisions being made in the youth setup. Surely the manager should have the final say as its his team and the future of his team, not Rudkin?

The quality of football has surprised me as last season I watched quite a few games as I found it quite good, not first team standard but good passing and quick play. This year though I have only watched one or two games as the tactic seems to be don't lose (Shown by how many times we have put 10 men behind the ball when drawing with 10 minutes to go, to still go on and lose it) and hoof it up to Blyth.

Its a shame as well as we have good players in the system like Chilwell, Ndwuku and Keenan King who has been released which I thought strange (Anyone got any inside info on this).

I also remember Choudhury being out of the U21 and U18 at the start of the year, could he have disagreed with the way things are being run?

Jeez I sound like a conspiracy theorist lol

I'm pretty sure Ramadone mentioned something about Choudhury having a bit of an attitude so they dropped him for a few weeks

I've alwasy thought the youth set up should be trying to mirror the playing style of the first team as closely as possible. Obviously you cant do it exactly and have to work with what you have player wise but whats the point of playing some kind of tiki-taka shit or John Beck long-ball style if you then have to come in play Claudio's hybrid athletico-gegenpressing-lungbusting-takenoshit style?

If you had seen King play lately you would know why he was released

Whilst Rudkin has overall charge of the Adacemy his old post of Academy Manager has been filled so not everything is Rudkins fault

There are certainly different factions with their own agendas within the Academy and something needs to be done very quickly

Whilst it is easy to blame the coaches perhaps some of the boys need to ask themselves if perhaps they could have done a bit more. Because of the very small turnover of players it is far too easy for the boys to become complacent.

The first team are renowned for fighting for each other but the Academy are now becoming renowned for fighting amongst themselves.

I usually keep an eye out for the U21 results but due to the first team's successes this season my eye has wandered. I am very surprised by how far the team has fallen. This could be to do with players such as Chilwell, Dodoo and Choudhury playing elsewhere.

And perhaps the number of random trialists too.  It's not the way I'd do it. Development teams need to be mirrored on the first team and affected by a minimum of upheaval.  If there are good players out there they won't be any better or worse for a trial. They need to be watched and assessed where they are based. 

The u21s suffered this season because they have had chilwell, sesay, elder, Cain, McCourt, doodoo, Watson, Lawrence, blyth panayiotou and more missed throughout the season so it's been largely the u18s playing for them and it's developed a few of them greatly

Archived